Confirmed with Link: Pat Maroon to NJ for 2019 3rd and J. D. Dudek

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Evander Kane is a idiot and Ray values those things very highly. The last thing you want is a *****ebag throwing a monkey wrench in our plans when things don't go his way.

We traded pieces that are irrelevant for two players who can give us 35 to 40 goals, ona annual basis of course, without giving up a single roster player.

That's called magic right there.

Maroon is the same thing, maybe not the headache Kane can be off the ice, but on ice, he does a lot of bonehead plays too. Kane is better, has a better shot, is way faster and brings basically the same physicality. And he doesn't need McDavid to be relevant offensively, he can drive a (third) line on his own. I get why Shero would avoid him, but I think he would be a great fit on ice. Kane-Zacha-Bratt line could be wonderful.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
I'm not as happy with the player as I am with the fact that at this point in the year we traded for a ......rental. I thought we were signing a few guys we did at the start of the year purely to pawn off as rentals. Great day.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I'm not 100% sure what Boyle brings right now. I'll take Maroon over Boyle in that role at the moment.
His story is inspiring and he seems like a great guy, but I'm not sure our optimal lineup has him in it. He has 2 points in his last 24 games...He's a good faceoff guy, that's about it. Coleman as the 4C would be better for this team imo.

Hall-Nico-Palmieri
Maroon-Zacha-Wood
Grabner-Zajac-Noesen/Bratt
Gibbons-Coleman-Bratt/Noesen

Reactions: Taylor Hall

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Maroon is the same thing, maybe not the headache Kane can be off the ice, but on ice, he does a lot of bonehead plays too. Kane is better, has a better shot, is way faster and brings basically the same physicality. And he doesn't need McDavid to be relevant offensively, he can drive a (third) line on his own. I get why Shero would avoid him, but I think he would be a great fit on ice. Kane-Zacha-Bratt line could be wonderful.
Bone head moves on the ice is one thing, sucks, but a good team can kill the PK (for the most part.) Typically when a team is playing above what people expected (Vegas,) it has a lot to do with how well the team is working together on and off the ice. I would rather have the lesser on ice player to add with out the risk of disrupting whatever culture has been made in the locker room to make these guys play so well together.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016

Well you're forgetting the fact that we didn't give up anything of value compared to what SJ gave up for Kane.

I wouldn't of taken Kane at the price we got Maroon because of his shit ass attitude. The last thing we needed is a dirtbag f***ing up our season.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I'm surprised to see us buying so much at the deadline when we're running just ahead of the playoff bubble. We're not in win now mode yet, and I would have thought we'd keep the powder dry until next year. But this trade is good value, even if Maroon only ends up being a rental.

Reactions: Oneiro

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
I ****ing hate how canadian media is twisting Maroons words already so much. **** off

what else are they gonna do? thats the game. everyone in this situation is playing it properly. maroon re-signing would be better than hayes and stafford put together. who knows what happens in the coming months. maybe he likes what he sees and wants to stay. wouldnt look too much into a guy saying he would love to circle back to the team he was traded from minutes prior.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm surprised to see us buying so much at the deadline when we're running just ahead of the playoff bubble. We're not in win now mode yet, and I would have thought we'd keep the powder dry until next year. But this trade is good value, even if Maroon only ends up being a rental.

It is a little odd, but I don’t think we can get hurt at the prices we paid. Plus Shero did indicate he is open to resigning both of them depending on how they fit the rest of the way.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017

what exactly did we give up???? rykov? for a taste of the playoffs gotta be ok with that. we havent been a true landing spot for russians for decades anyway.

i think shero is doing a really good job. kind of hard to follow lou....... but shero says hold my beer.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
Boyle's the odd man out I'm afraid. Like was said above, great story, but once Gibbons comes back, Boyle needs to be the healthy scratch.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
We acquired quite a bit of help for not that much of a return. It's also about ensuring we both get to the playoffs, and can be competitive when we get there. We aren't a contender or anything, but just getting the young guys some playoff experience and establishing a culture of winning with the expectations to match is invaluable to a young team.

Reactions: Maine Fan

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
We acquired quite a bit of help for not that much of a return. It's also about ensuring we both get to the playoffs, and can be competitive when we get there. We aren't a contender or anything, but just getting the young guys some playoff experience and establishing a culture of winning with the expectations to match is invaluable to a young team.

That's true. Just making the playoffs again after a full rebuild will be an achievement. I wonder how much of this is geared at keeping Hall happy.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I didn’t like when I first saw this, because I thought it was possibly gonna be for more than we paid for Grabner.

It’s pretty cheap though.

And Maroon has pretty decent numbers before McDavid. Still a really good 3rd line guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->