CFHF Fantasy League Part XV: Lottery Concluded and Realignment Posted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I tired really hard at the start of the week to not care and just leave my lines alone... It didn't work :laugh:

#toocompetitive #consolationchampionship
KFF on a mission to be the best loser. Next year you will have some competition from Monabae, he's the best loser I know!

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
I'm wondering if there would be any interest post-draft and assuming every GM involved agrees, if I post all the major offers being made on the 1st OA pick. Just wondering because I have some offers on the table at the minute that I feel in real life would have to be accepted. Might be an interesting debate for the summer after the real draft.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
OK I'll sit him for that one, then.

I think that's oversimplifying, tfong. Suppose that we had our draft order based on the results of the consolation bracket.

Normally, when I'm playing a matchup, I am constantly checking my roster every day to see how many games each of my players play the next day and whether it's worth keeping that player during his off-days or replacing him with a waiver pickup. I also make a decision for every goalie start whether I should play the goalie or bench him. Now, suppose that I know that winning only hurts me in the long run because there is zero chance at winning the playoffs. Maybe I make decisions a little differently. Maybe I "thoughtlessly" pick-up some players who only play twice in the week. Maybe I start Scrivens more than I start Dubnyk. Or maybe I just don't make any decisions and let my team play with a hands-off approach. In either of those cases, I would not technically be doing anything wrong, but I could affect the standings draft order based on how much effort I want to put into the consolation bracket. That's what I want to avoid. Now that there are no implications, GMs are free to do what they want, and I think if anything, that will make them more inclined to try to win in the consolation bracket.

I guess I could've put more explanation to response haha.

My lineup is set but I'm not longer monitoring the game starts of Vasi vs the duck goalies because I'm caring less now, but not enough to not just go into yahoo and click "start active players" a bunch of times.

It was just in regards to myself, not necessarily reflective of others.

I'm wondering if there would be any interest post-draft and assuming every GM involved agrees, if I post all the major offers being made on the 1st OA pick. Just wondering because I have some offers on the table at the minute that I feel in real life would have to be accepted. Might be an interesting debate for the summer after the real draft.

I don't think it matters that much, all the GMs involved in major bidding typically reply and say "can't believe he didn't accept my offer of x x x x x x x" anyways heh. Though I could be wrong.

KiwiFlamesFan

Aug 11, 2006
New Zealand
KFF on a mission to be the best loser. Next year you will have some competition from Monabae, he's the best loser I know!

I prefer the term "Biggest Loser". The commercial implications are mind boggling. I'm thinking a Hard Knocks spin off or something similar. It would focus on the juxtaposition that is the consolation bracket :nod:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I prefer the term "Biggest Loser". The commercial implications are mind boggling. I'm thinking a Hard Knocks spin off or something similar. It would focus on the juxtaposition that is the consolation bracket :nod:
:laugh:

We cold go first loser and make it royalty based

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
FYI, I'm putting on the finishing touches on a page we can use to step up our CFHF fantasy news and smack talk. Type in a message and select your desired NHL analyst and it'll look close to an actual tweet you can screen cap and upload here :laugh:

Okay guys, give it a go:

http://www.typicalfish.com/hockey/twitter/

Let me know if you want me to add a few more Twitter accounts or swap any out

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
UC, you gotta break down the instructions for me. How do I post the tweet? When I paste the image url, it's just blank. Do you need to post the tweet first somehow?

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Gotcha! Wonder if we could upload them to our wiki and post the URL's from there?

Hey, looks like it does work!

latest

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I think I'm going to lose this week just purely based on the number of games our respective players play this week. Savoie16 doesn't seem to have any nights with few players, whereas I've only had a handful playing Monday, Wednesday and will again on Friday. Then on my busy days he only has 1-2 fewer guys in action. Hard to make up ground.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I think I'm going to lose this week just purely based on the number of games our respective players play this week. Savoie16 doesn't seem to have any nights with few players, whereas I've only had a handful playing Monday, Wednesday and will again on Friday. Then on my busy days he only has 1-2 fewer guys in action. Hard to make up ground.

I haven't scored any points, but that's kinda how I feel to.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
Hey guys I know this Discussed pages ago. I understand expansion teams won't be able to make trades until after the expansion draft and we have a period to trade players before the keeper deadline.

Could you explain why I can't ship out guys to expanding teams before the keeper deadline? If I make a trade, let's say for a prospect pick using my keeper players wouldn't I just end up short players on my keepe roster?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
KITN, I'll talk to TFG, but the idea is that expansion teams don't have keepers, so trading players onto their roster prior to the keeper deadline would decrease the number of players available come the main draft. You would also still be able to take 8 keepers, so you wouldn't be short at all.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
I know its a lot of work but can we figure out what everyones picks are. Some people have out dated wiki pages and its pretty difficult trying to figure things out.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I know its a lot of work but can we figure out what everyones picks are. Some people have out dated wiki pages and its pretty difficult trying to figure things out.

I will put something up later. I was going to wait until it was finalized but I guess I don't have to.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
When the Scorch play the Terrors there will be a special CD release.

"Bump & Grind: Conception" will be a very Special R&B mix that Owner, Pres & GM Adirondack Flames played for II's mom the night he was conceived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad