CFHF Fantasy League Part XV: Lottery Concluded and Realignment Posted

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I think you guys might be over-thinking it. Kovy joins your roster at the moment he signs a contract as far as I know. No special rules or anything. If it's before the keeper deadline you can keep, trade or let him walk. If it's after then you just immediately get a new player.

That was my understanding of it, but wanted to wait from someone in the know to reply. Thanks.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
FYI, I'm putting on the finishing touches on a page we can use to step up our CFHF fantasy news and smack talk. Type in a message and select your desired NHL analyst and it'll look close to an actual tweet you can screen cap and upload here :laugh:

8yJNDmH.jpg

LS1EBJ4.jpg

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think if Drake gave me a shoutout on his album I'd hang myself out of embarrassment. That's like being given a shoutout by Nickelback or Justin Bieber; it's just not worth it.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I predict a 6-5 score for the Flames game on Friday against Minny

OK I'll sit him for that one, then.

Honestly, how hard is it to click on "start active players" 7 times.

I think that's oversimplifying, tfong. Suppose that we had our draft order based on the results of the consolation bracket.

Normally, when I'm playing a matchup, I am constantly checking my roster every day to see how many games each of my players play the next day and whether it's worth keeping that player during his off-days or replacing him with a waiver pickup. I also make a decision for every goalie start whether I should play the goalie or bench him. Now, suppose that I know that winning only hurts me in the long run because there is zero chance at winning the playoffs. Maybe I make decisions a little differently. Maybe I "thoughtlessly" pick-up some players who only play twice in the week. Maybe I start Scrivens more than I start Dubnyk. Or maybe I just don't make any decisions and let my team play with a hands-off approach. In either of those cases, I would not technically be doing anything wrong, but I could affect the standings draft order based on how much effort I want to put into the consolation bracket. That's what I want to avoid. Now that there are no implications, GMs are free to do what they want, and I think if anything, that will make them more inclined to try to win in the consolation bracket.

Last edited:
May 27, 2012
Earth
OK I'll sit him for that one, then.

I think that's oversimplifying, tfong. Suppose that we had our draft order based on the results of the consolation bracket.

Normally, when I'm playing a matchup, I am constantly checking my roster every day to see how many games each of my players play the next day and whether it's worth keeping that player during his off-days or replacing him with a waiver pickup. I also make a decision for every goalie start whether I should play the goalie or bench him. Now, suppose that I know that winning only hurts me in the long run because there is zero chance at winning the playoffs. Maybe I make decisions a little differently. Maybe I "thoughtlessly" pick-up some players who only play twice in the week. Maybe I start Scrivens more than I start Dubnyk. Or maybe I just don't make any decisions and let my team play with a hands-off approach. In either of those cases, I would not technically be doing anything wrong, but I could affect the standings draft order based on how much effort I want to put into the consolation bracket. That's what I want to avoid. Now that there are no implications, GMs are free to do what they want, and I think if anything, that will make them more inclined to try to win in the consolation bracket.

E3egaDz.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad