Post-Game Talk: Paper advertisements @ framed championship photos, 7:37pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Team looks like it is asleep per the usual.
Yeah they've been meh lately.

However FOUR playoff rounds between seasons is nothing to make light of. Look at LAK and Hawks. Too many playoff series over the years and looks doubtful either will even make the playoffs.

I'd like to see the Caps win the Metro and have home ice the first two (maybe three if TB is upset) rounds. Just want to see a long term improvement into March.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Remember when game against Flyers were supercharged, fun affairs? I miss that.

But_Pepperidge_Farm_aint_just_gonna_keep_it_to_Pepperidge__5c6a319f9b808bca3f929f02bc45f1b8.png

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
On the bright side, maybe sleepwalking through regular seasons will make BMac consider more opportunities to introduce new blood into the system in the future.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
This game could be a trap. Caps better not take them lightly.
Amazing to me Caps could even conceive of taking ANY team lightly after getting drilled by last-place Blues, barely surviving against Wings & Sens, and getting smoked by a Preds team which had been on a long losing streak.

BUT ... shot totals don’t lie. Four shots in whole first period, at home, against a supposed doormat team which is on back end of B2B ... something stinks in the state of Denmark (and no, i’m not talking about Eller, lol).

There’s an effort problem, or a chemistry problem among players, or a disconnect between players and coaches, something.

Reactions: Empty Goal Net

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Boy, the sharpness of our passing has gone down the tubes. We look like last year’s mid-season team. Maybe not a bad thing I guess.

Reactions: Devil Dancer

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Boy, Orpik is just so bad at handling passes on the blue line. All the more amazing that famous SC finals play of his.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Amazing to me Caps could even conceive of taking ANY team lightly after getting drilled by last-place Blues, barely surviving against Wings & Sens, and getting smoked by a Preds team which had been on a long losing streak.

BUT ... shot totals don’t lie. Four shots in whole first period, at home, against a supposed doormat team which is on back end of B2B ... something stinks in the state of Denmark (and no, i’m not talking about Eller, lol).

There’s an effort problem, or a chemistry problem among players, or a disconnect between players and coaches, something.
All reasonable observations/ideas. So is my #51 response above. Then you have people here, most that I respect, that will say your view is an "overreaction". At this point I'm not sure what's going on :huh: Another few games like this and your view s/be carrying the day.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC

Not sure why everyone dodges the elephant in the room..pretty obvious what the problem is with the one and only one major change during the off season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad