Winnipeg Jets 2024-25 Coaching Thread

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I can't think of a good joke for this... but if I give it time, and another quart of local IPA, I'm sure something will blast forth.
My original post wasn't "shellilaghs"... the mods seem to be embracing Bill C63 around these parts lately. My prediction is that the more they crack down on the fun, the less likely anyone will be around here when training camp rolls around

HFJets HQ must be located somewhere outside Steinbach. Next to be edited will be references to playing cards and dancing

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Personally, I’m warming up to either Nelson or Arniel as the next HC.

I do hope they are as thorough when looking for assistants to round out the staff that can improve the pk and pp.

Reactions: wraithsonwings

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
I would as well but imo they are overachieving their talent level over there. I doubt they'd fire him.
I agree. Boston’s lineup wasn’t nearly as strong as what they iced last year. I would think they will start with making a few lineup moves before they consider a coaching change.

With a lesser lineup Montgomery coached them to within 2 wins of East final. He squeezed all he could from that lineup imo.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Raining at the lake this morning so I was able to catch up on this thread.

Jets are at an important inflection point. Demand is down, ownership group seems to be pretty concerned. Team had a great brand building regular season…… followed by brand damaging, humiliating, all too familiar, no push back, 4 strait losses, lifeless, exit from the playoffs “as usual”.

One only needs to look to Vancouver to see how (seemingly) big of an impact a coach can have on what looked like a pretty mediocre group.

TNSE need to get this hire right because the steaks are higher this time given guest sentiment.

Glad they are going through a full process of interviewing. I think they did a pretty good job last time so hopefully they can build on that.

GJG

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Raining at the lake this morning so I was able to catch up on this thread.

Jets are at an important inflection point. Demand is down, ownership group seems to be pretty concerned. Team had a great brand building regular season…… followed by brand damaging, humiliating, all too familiar, no push back, 4 strait losses, lifeless, exit from the playoffs “as usual”.

One only needs to look to Vancouver to see how (seemingly) big of an impact a coach can have on what looked like a pretty mediocre group.

TNSE need to get this hire right because the steaks are higher this time given guest sentiment.

Glad they are going through a full process of interviewing. I think they did a pretty good job last time so hopefully they can build on that.

GJG
Tocchets doing great... but the Canucks completely transformed their d-core for him... Soucy, Cole, Zadorov, Hronek all new blood

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Since 1967-68 the Bruins have missed the playoffs just 7 times. Teams would kill to be that successful.
They've only won the cup 3 times during that span

Personally, I'd WAY rather be a fan of that team than one that deliberately tanks to try to get high picks with the hope of it working out.

People complain about being in the "mushy middle" of making the playoffs each year then maybe getting turfed in the first or second round but I think that those people are seeing the disappointment of not winning and forgetting about rhe absolute pain of losing consistently and never even making it to the dance in April

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
They've only won the cup 3 times during that span

Personally, I'd WAY rather be a fan of that team than one that deliberately tanks to try to get high picks with the hope of it working out.

People complain about being in the "mushy middle" of making the playoffs each year then maybe getting turfed in the first or second round but I think that those people are seeing the disappointment of not winning and forgetting about rhe absolute pain of losing consistently and never even making it to the dance in April
I kinda see both sides. Being a lottery team is miserable but being a fan of a team that immediately crumbles when they face adversity year after year is frustrating.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
My original post wasn't "shellilaghs"... the mods seem to be embracing Bill C63 around these parts lately. My prediction is that the more they crack down on the fun, the less likely anyone will be around here when training camp rolls around

HFJets HQ must be located somewhere outside Steinbach. Next to be edited will be references to playing cards and dancing
Lets test your theory.:laugh:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Recent Bruins success must be from that 2015 draft and 3 mid 1sts in a row.

:naughty:

:laugh: Yeah, obviously.

Seriously, can you imagine any other team being able to squander such resources and still contending 9 years later? We are still hamstrung because we traded down from 13 to 24 in '17. :laugh:

The heart of their team in Bergeron and Krejci aged out and they didn't skip a beat - and without having made any effort to replace those 2 either.

Hard to see how they keep doing it but they have a strong enough core to continue to be competitive for a few more years at least.

Reactions: Dale53130

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I don't know coaches well enough to have any opinion on a specific man for the job.
But I hope we get someone from outside the org. Someone with a fresh look at what we have and what we don't have. I think that ideally that means someone who has not been coaching in the NHL in recent years. Even an assistant from another NHL team will come in with preconceived ideas about most of our players. I want an open mind and a clean slate. A fresh start.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

Your original post is unedited, it doesn't say shellilaghs. I don't think anyone on the mod team could spell that correctly. I did recently go to Steinbach though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad