GDT: Panthers vs. Avs - 12/9/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

catEye

The Barkov Era
Dec 27, 2008
Miami, FL.
I actually feel bad for Mr. Elite passer, a good game and good old Mr. Boo just gave him a -2 onto his elite stat tonight lol

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Here’s what a twenty minute practice the day before when you’re down your 1C gets you on game day. They literally practiced from 11:30-11:50 yesterday

This team seem like a casual mens league team just gathering to play few times a week to stay in shape

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I've never seen this before. I guess we got a Panthers fan at NHL.tv / Viaplay. They cut the feed @ 02.2 secs left. Usually get to see the stuff after the game etc

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
At times you just think maybe a relocation would put us out of our misery. This franchise ain't moving forward anytime soon if ever

We are where we always are. Not good enough to make the playoffs, but not bad enough to pick first overall/top 2. Everything about this team sucks. Management, owners, players, etc. i just feel bad for guys like Barkov, Huberdeau, and Trocheck. At least trade them to a real NHL team.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Two players i liked tonight or better shine out that was Malgin and Huberdeau.

But that is the end of the Line, something has to change and it has to be a real big changing.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
We are where we always are. Not good enough to make the playoffs, but not bad enough to pick first overall/top 2. Everything about this team sucks. Management, owners, players, etc. i just feel bad for guys like Barkov, Huberdeau, and Trocheck. At least trade them to a real NHL team.

Honestly when Barkov eventually is traded would have to seriously have to start following that team too. Huberdeau too

Reactions: Lovsan

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany

with the current Roster and the Way they play yes. But we also was on everything is great Time, no matter it was only 1 year short. But we had it, so there is a chance. But the changeing to go back to that Part, cant be reached with be sitting out and be patient 10 years long.
Sure with Player like Malgin happala there is a light i can see, But if the other end is going to suck that hard as tonight we cant even score enough Goals.

Goalie problem, D Problem, Depth Problem, developing problem, scoreing Problem

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I've never seen this before. I guess we got a Panthers fan at NHL.tv / Viaplay. They cut the feed @ 02.2 secs left. Usually get to see the stuff after the game etc
On the actual Viasat channels (satellite), that rarely happens. Last game it did happen, but before that I can't remember the last time.

Though often there's a West coast game about to start and they have to move the feed to that game.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
On the actual Viasat channels (satellite), that rarely happens. Last game it did happen, but before that I can't remember the last time.

Though often there's a West coast game about to start and they have to move the feed to that game.

On Viaplay they pretty much everytime let you watch the end after Panthers games. Not years before but this season they have. I guess nobody cares to turn them off. I mean I'm most likely the only viewer ;)

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
Scored 3 while givving up 5, but we really need marchessault lol! Shoot Pysyk and Matheson to the moon

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Tough game for the whole team except Hubs, Ek, and Malgin. Matheson got his shorts turned inside out by Mackinnon as he tried for the poke check in lieu of taking the body. Couple of goals off of the bodies of players (Kerfoot & Hunt) that changed direction that Reimer had no chance of stopping. Same thing happened to Varlomov on Hubs goal. McCoshen was at fault on the Kerfoot goal as he needs to be more physical and hard to play against in front of the goal. You can't let a 175 lb guys dictate his position and get his stick on a tip in.

The D are not getting caught with odd man and breakaway rushes that killed them at the beginning of the season but they did a poor job of shutting down shots in the scoring area. Part of that was due to forwards getting caught deep and unable to help with the backcheck. This is the price you pay some nights in order to get your own scoring chances. When you don't bury them, it comes back to haunt you. :)

Last edited:

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
People are obviously tired of this franchise down there. The attendance is putrid. How long can they go on like this? It’s not like they haven’t tried to make hockey work in Sunrise over the years. It just doesn’t.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
People are obviously tired of this franchise down there. The attendance is putrid. How long can they go on like this? It’s not like they haven’t tried to make hockey work in Sunrise over the years. It just doesn’t.
Nothing to do with hockey not working. Haven’t had a competent owner. Ever.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Read a tweet that Cifu like that said Viola is in process of selling his NYC Townhouse for $80M. His house is worth more than the Panthers roster. Maybe he can use some of the resale proceeds to buy us an actual team...

Reactions: brhymes19

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Nothing to do with hockey not working. Haven’t had a competent owner. Ever.

I think not having a competent owner ever has a direct result in hockey not working down there. That wasn’t really my question. I’m wondering how long they’ll be able to limp along with the kind of attendance they are getting?

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002

Makes you wonder did the owners f*** up everything on purpose a year ago so they could sell the team.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Read a tweet that Cifu like that said Viola is in process of selling his NYC Townhouse for $80M. His house is worth more than the Panthers roster. Maybe he can use some of the resale proceeds to buy us an actual team...
Large price drop from the original $116M asking price. Oh well, he'll make it up with the $30M he'll pocket from the Seattle expansion.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
this team needs so much:

offense - they have 4 guys. outside of that its just filler. they need at least 3 impact players added. one will be borgstrom but the other two? hopefully tippett but id rather package him for an experience scorer. and then another on top of that, at this rate the dream scenario would be to draft svechnikov. adding borgstrom, svech, and a top-6 scorer to the 4 we already have with bjugstad and mcginn rounding out the last 2 spots would go a longggggg way.

defense - outside of ekblad theres really nothing im tied down to. it could all be rearranged however it needs to be. matheson, nothing against him as a person, but id so much rather use that 4.8+ on a veteran nhl defenseman. hes a great skater, great speed, but has never shown actual offensive instincts when in the O-zone. he can be a reliable defneder but i just dont see any offense out of him, at best he could be a half-decent puckmover, but even then i dont see the distribution acumen at the point. pysyk and petrovic can go. i like mccoshen and weegar, especially with their elc's dollar values, but if they had to be packaged to get something else im not so attached to them. yandle i dont mind, but i expect those dollars to be allocated elsewhere moving forward.

goaltending - we spend a combined 8mil on goaltenders with little to show for it. an aging and falling apart vet who still shows flashes of brilliance but not consistent enough. and a 1b who cant handle a full starters workload. for that money we could have a bobrovsky. must be nice.

all in all we have no offensive depth, an ill-balanced and wayyy too inexperienced d-corp, and nothing of substance in net.

we better land a top-3 pick

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
So who's going to make the Fallin' for Dahlin memes.
can someone just crop a giant imposed dahlin face to post in here everytime something happens? giant dahlin face!

ps ottawa needs to back the f up, theyre losing 4-0 right now early in the 3rd. dahlin is ours!

Last edited:

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Signs of a winning hockey team brings fans in the seats. This inconsistent or shit play does not.

I mean it's not that hard to figure out winning brings fans out. Don't need the team to be an all-star team but at least being a legit playoff bound team would have at least weekend sold out crowds.
Instead we have a team that just saw a back and forth of two mindsets of Gms and owners who do not want to spend enough to get either better depth or better players here.
Patience lol.

Reactions: I am not exposed
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad