GDT: Panthers @ Leafs. Game 1 Tuesday 7pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thornbury

Dec 29, 2019
Some regular season stats (5v5). A couple points that stand out:

- Flordia takes a lot of penalties typically. Our powerplay needs to get going
- We have the faceoff advantage by far
- Neither team is overly physical. Toronto actually has the advantage
- Flordia's GA/60 is something we can take advantage of

GF%
Toronto: 56.72 (3rd in NHL)
Flordia: 54.63 (9th in NHL)

xGF%
Toronto: 54.11 (5th in NHL)
Flordia: 53.8 (7th in NHL)

GF/60
Toronto: 2.82 (7th in NHL)
Flordia: 3.01 (3rd in NHL)

GA/60
Toronto: 2.15 (4th in NHL)
Flordia: 2.50 (16th in NHL)

Hits For
Toronto: 1641 (22nd in NHL)
Flordia: 1598 (25th in NHL)

Penalties Taken (minors)
Toronto: 239 (11th most in NHL)
Flordia: 273 (1st most in NHL)

Penalties Drawn (minors)
Toronto: 227 (14th most in NHL)
Flordia: 273 (1st most in NHL)

Faceoff Won/Lost +/-
Toronto: +291 (2nd in NHL)
Flordia: -108 (21st in NHL)
How did we rank for hits per game in the playoffs? Had to be a lot higher than our regular season. We now have a very different roster with a lot more heft.

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
I'd be fine if he swapped Gus for Holl and kept the 11-7 train going.
I understand trying to compromise with Keefe's fanaticism for Holl but I really don't see the appeal in this.

I feel like the entire appeal of going 11/7 is you get to have Gustafsson as a powerplay mercenary that you can essentially hide from defensive responsibility like 90% of the time. Gus could turn our powerplay woes around single handily and I'm really intrigued at the idea of continuing with him in the lineup.

What's the point of 11/7 with Holl? Holl's entire appeal (allegedly) is that he's a minute eating workhorse that can go up against other team's top dogs. If you trust him to do that then you don't really need Liljegren kicking around back there, If you don't trust him to do that then you shouldn't be playing him at all.
Some regular season stats (5v5). A couple points that stand out:

- Flordia takes a lot of penalties typically. Our powerplay needs to get going
Yeah.. I really wouldn't mind seeing 11/7 in this series.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I understand trying to compromise with Keefe's fanaticism for Holl but I really don't see the appeal in this.

I feel like the entire appeal of going 11/7 is you get to have Gustafsson as a powerplay mercenary that you can essentially hide from defensive responsibility like 90% of the time. Gus could turn our powerplay woes around single handily and I'm really intrigued at the idea of continuing with him in the lineup.

What's the point of 11/7 with Holl? Holl's entire appeal (allegedly) is that he's a minute eating workhorse that can go up against other team's top dogs. If you trust him to do that then you don't really need Liljegren kicking around back there, If you don't trust him to do that then you shouldn't be playing him at all.

Yeah.. I really wouldn't mind seeing 11/7 in this series.
It wasn't just the top dogs scoring on Holl in the Tampa series. It was guys like Corey Perry, Eysimmont (whoever the f*** this guy is), and Nick Paul burning him.

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
It wasn't just the top dogs scoring on Holl in the Tampa series. It was guys like Corey Perry, Eysimmont (whoever the f*** this guy is), and Nick Paul burning him.
Absolutely! I don't want to see him back in the lineup for game 1.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
How did we rank for hits per game in the playoffs? Had to be a lot higher than our regular season. We now have a very different roster with a lot more heft.

We had 277 hits in 6 games. Florida had 267 hits in 7 games.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Teams that defy expectations usually don't tend to be able to do it again.

I am not writing the Panthers off but I think the Leafs take this series as long as they don't shoot themselves in the foot by foolish decisions like playing Holl.

Isn't the expectation that Leafs lose round 1 Game 7's in heart breaking fashion :sarcasm:.

Anyway I feel like as long we play up to our standard this is a very winnable series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad