GDT: Panthers @ Leafs. Game 1 Tuesday 7pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
I got a feeling McCabe is going to annihilate someone in this series. The Leafs have to do exactly what they did to Vasi, go to the net, get screens look for big rebounds. Bob is not the best at controlling the puck

Reactions: PromisedLand

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
The fact this thread exists brings a tear to my eye. Round 2? Finally!

Excited to see this play out. Especially excited that we are facing a new foe.

Expect this to be a bit more open and some of our stars should be able to generate more good looks.

Sammy will still need to be sharp.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
I like Gus I think he really adds pop to the PP on the 2nd unit… would we continue with 11/7? All I know is Holl stays out. He’s good on the PK but pucks die on his stick in our zone because he doesn’t think the game fast enough, he panics fires it down the ice for either an icing or turnover or he gets pressured along the boards takes a penalty or costs us a goal. Lilejgren is just the better player

Revolt

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto
No Justin Holl please.

Leafs are the better team and we have home ice advantage in this series. Very confident that the boys will win this.

Reactions: BayStBullies

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
I'm not sure if it was just me, but I thought ROR played his worst game as a Leaf in game 6. Anyone know if he's hurt or anything? I haven't seen anything but I hope he goes back to playing like he did games 1-5.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
The fact this thread exists brings a tear to my eye. Round 2? Finally!

Excited to see this play out. Especially excited that we are facing a new foe.

Expect this to be a bit more open and some of our stars should be able to generate more good looks.

Sammy will still need to be sharp.
Florida is kind of a rope a dope style team, so yes the play should be more open than against TB. Keefe should be implementing a system of clogging the neutral zone and stand them up at the blue lines. They create their offence off the rush. You clog them up they turn the puck over a lot

Reactions: wingman75

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
If Bob gives out rebounds like he did on that 3rd Bruins goal, the Leafs are going to light him up. But the Panthers team is no joke. They've got scorers, they come at you and they are definitely persistent.

Going to be a real test for both teams to re-focus quickly after hugely emotional first series wins.
The Leafs will get caught hard if they think saving their effort and only playing 20% of the games will be enough. Florida plays whistle to whistle and also closes games hard.

Florida is kind of a rope a dope style team, so yes the play should be more open than against TB. Keefe should be implementing a system of clogging the neutral zone and stand them up at the blue lines. They create their offence off the rush. You clog them up they turn the puck over a lot
Keefe teams allow zone entry for free. I doubt Florida has any friction entering.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad