GDT: Panthers @ Leafs. Game 1 Tuesday 7pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Can't take Florida lightly at all, they have some good speed on their team.

I thought Tampa's LD was a strength and tough for our RW.

On Florida, Staal, Mahura and Forsliving may be easier for our RW to go up against.

Barkov-Bennett-Lundell-Staal vs Matthews-JT-ROR-Kampf down the middle, Boston got neutered at centre by injuries

At wing, I think they could be a bit deeper.

Last edited:

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
If someone had told me we were playing the Panthers in the second round a month ago I would have lmao. I’m actually laughing still but with healthy respect of course. As much as the narrative of the Panthers being underrated is out there, part of me looks at Boston and asks, what the hell happened. Goalie injured? Team flu? They were definitely outworked, so that is something we can control.

Be healthy, respect the opponent, but be aggressive, take this opportunity and make sure it’s not wasted.

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
Which line is Florida playing against Matthews?

Not sure they have an answer.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Both teams are looking at this as an opportunity. Florida didn’t want to go up against Tampa, just as much as Leafs did not want any part of Boston. Florida is looking at us same way, thinking we are very beatable. I hope Leafs players don’t take them lightly, you can’t take anyone lightly in the 2nd round especially.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Please keefe play the optimum lineup to win.

This means f*** Holl if hes ass.

We had so many bad line ups in Tampa that made us look much worse imo.

Knies shoulda been in from the start, Bunting shoulda been back, Holl shoulda been benched after game 3 etc.

No room for those kinda of errors right now. Go 3 lines deep, you need that against Florida. We cant have a 3rd line that will get dominated 5 on 5.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Can't take Florida lightly at all, they have some good speed on their team.

I thought Tampa's LD was a strength and tough for our RD.

On Florida, Staal, Mahura and Forsliving may be easier for our RW to go up against.

Barkov-Bennett-Lundell-Staal vs Matthews-JT-ROR-Kampf down the middle, Boston got neutered at centre by injuries

At wing, I think they could be a bit deeper.
For sure.

Ekblad, Montour, Gudas is a tough right side. Leafs need to attack the LD all series

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
The issue the Panthers are going to have is that a ton of transplant Canadians (Leaf fans) are Florida residents. If they think this is going to stop Leaf fans from showing up they got another thing coming. Also Florida residents could easily make a killing on secondary market so this isn’t going to prevent anything

Both teams are looking at this as an opportunity. Florida didn’t want to go up against Tampa, just as much as Leafs did not want any part of Boston. Florida is looking at us same way, thinking we are very beatable. I hope Leafs players don’t take them lightly, you can’t take anyone lightly in the 2nd round especially.
I don’t think any team takes anyone lightly especially in the 2nd round. I’ll be shocked if the Leafs come out flat

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Florida plays by their own rules in all aspects of life.
:nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:

This is from the latest edition of The Atlantic:

Florida’s place in the national mythology is as America’s pulsing id, a vision of life without the necessary restriction of shame. Chroniclers talk about its seasonless strangeness; the public meltdowns of its oddest residents; how retired CIA operatives, Mafia informants, and Jair Bolsonaro can be reborn there. “Whatever you’re doing dishonestly up north, you can do it in a much warmer climate with less regulation down here,” said the novelist Carl Hiaasen, who wrote about the weirder side of Florida for the Miami Herald from 1976 until his retirement in 2021.

I love Carl Hiaasen's writing!

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
:nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:

This is from the latest edition of The Atlantic:

Florida’s place in the national mythology is as America’s pulsing id, a vision of life without the necessary restriction of shame. Chroniclers talk about its seasonless strangeness; the public meltdowns of its oddest residents; how retired CIA operatives, Mafia informants, and Jair Bolsonaro can be reborn there. “Whatever you’re doing dishonestly up north, you can do it in a much warmer climate with less regulation down here,” said the novelist Carl Hiaasen, who wrote about the weirder side of Florida for the Miami Herald from 1976 until his retirement in 2021.

I love Carl Hiaasen's writing!
Sums it up perfectly.

All that being said,, I spend about 1 month a year down in Boca and Miami for baseball. I enjoy it there but I have seen a lot of really wacky stuff.

Not the place to discuss politics, religion, or really anything. Keep everything superficial and you can get by

Reactions: Gary Nylund and kb

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
What did you guys think of Gus in game 6? I thought he was pretty decent..
He was okay in limited action. The main problem is that he won't play enough to utilize outside of the 11/7 setup that should likely only be featured sparingly.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Why would you think it's not?
Illegal? No. However, because of the (Covid inspired) normalization of cancel culture, we have dumb "rules" like the Panthers are doing becoming mainstream. Even Ottawa didn't follow through on their threats, probably because they realized financially it was the dumbest thing they could do.

Is it a health and safety issue? Or is it a "it'll hurt ourt feelings" issue?

Hypothetical. So let's say the Leafs retaliate, and then this goes league wide - you have to live in the city/state(province)/country to purchase a ticket. Is that OK too?

It's a monumentally short-sighted business decision that could kill interest in the league. They need all the butts in seats they can get, and this shows fans that they are not valued.

Last edited:

PhiladelphiaKessel

DontCrossthe****Line
Aug 9, 2010
I'm not sure if it was just me, but I thought ROR played his worst game as a Leaf in game 6. Anyone know if he's hurt or anything? I haven't seen anything but I hope he goes back to playing like he did games 1-5.
Let’s hope it was just an off game, especially with how many faceoffs he lost. Please don’t be anything related to the broken finger

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
For sure.

Ekblad, Montour, Gudas is a tough right side. Leafs need to attack the LD all series

Montour (especially) and Ekblad can give offense from the point. Forsling has a surprisingly good point shot too, it gets through traffic.

Gudas will hit you.

Our zone coverage needs to not allow for Florida D point shots.

The rest of our D has been augmented to win the battles down low.

Reactions: Jojalu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA