GDT: Panthers @ Devils 11/27/2017 "Hischier Kisses"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Good for him. He's done well in Vegas. They'll most likely make the playoffs.

Please don't think the reason why we are where we are is because we don't have Gallant. He has nothing to do with our mediocre goaltending, crap bottom 6/9, chemistry-less second line, and inexperienced d-core, plus cap limited team. We're in a transition year, again, because of Tallon and Viola.

Gallant should thank Tallon for giving him March and Smith for nothing though :)

Funny though that Debeor, a guy people hated on big time never gets any love around here despite taking two teams to the cup. Rather have him back.

Already discussed in the previous thread. You can think what you want.

Hell, watching Vegas and the words that people describe his team. They are hard to play against. Fun to watch etc. All phrases that we heard about THIS TEAM when he was here.

Hell, it might not even be about the players lost per se. People can think what they want about Gudbranson and Kulikov, Logan Shaw etc, maybe it's not their skills or abilities as players but perhaps their buy-in.

Lets draw a comparison here. The Miami Heat are league-known for EXHAUSTIVE practices ever since Pat Riley joined the club in 95-96. This isnt popular with players at all, however, this was a way for Riley and the organization to know who belongs and who doesnt. It's a culture.

The players bought it? Guess they didnt buy in. They really werent expected to though as Gallant wasnt coaching how he wanted to anymore. Yandle hard to play against? Demers? Pysyk? All better players than the guys lost? Sure. Absolutely. But they definitely didnt buy in to what Gallant wants. Likely because they arent those type of players. Oh Well.

The players Gallant didnt have bought in to how he wanted to play similar to how the Vegas players are buying in. They had an identity.

Think what you want. Keep discounting Gallant. That's fine. I thought Deboer was fine too, but he did take 2 teams with Hall of Famers to cups. He didnt do much here.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
At least 3 of our forwards are better than Vegas' best forward and they've literally had a rotating door of goalies all season long. Still, they're tearing it up and we're busy sucking our thumbs in the bottom of the standings.

If that doesn't sum up everything you need to know about the current state of our team, I don't know what will.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Its getting stale listening to the whining about Gallant.

Just like RainingRats said, good for him, but he's not the reason Vegas is doing so well. They have a good team. They're 5th in the league in scoring, ya know, that stat that so many of you aren't concerned with.

Gallant can thank Uncle Dale for his dumbass botching the expansion draft.

Reactions: RainingRats

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Already discussed in the previous thread. You can think what you want.

Hell, watching Vegas and the words that people describe his team. They are hard to play against. Fun to watch etc. All phrases that we heard about THIS TEAM when he was here.

Hell, it might not even be about the players lost per se. People can think what they want about Gudbranson and Kulikov, Logan Shaw etc, maybe it's not their skills or abilities as players but perhaps their buy-in.

Lets draw a comparison here. The Miami Heat are league-known for EXHAUSTIVE practices ever since Pat Riley joined the club in 95-96. This isnt popular with players at all, however, this was a way for Riley and the organization to know who belongs and who doesnt. It's a culture.

The players bought it? Guess they didnt buy in. They really werent expected to though as Gallant wasnt coaching how he wanted to anymore. Yandle hard to play against? Demers? Pysyk? All better players than the guys lost? Sure. Absolutely. But they definitely didnt buy in to what Gallant wants. Likely because they arent those type of players. Oh Well.

The players Gallant didnt have bought in to how he wanted to play similar to how the Vegas players are buying in. They had an identity.

Think what you want. Keep discounting Gallant. That's fine. I thought Deboer was fine too, but he did take 2 teams with Hall of Famers to cups. He didnt do much here.
2 teams with hall of famers, lol. New Jersey was hardly a threat when you look at their roster. Gallant had the best European forward of all time, guaranteed HOF too, lol.

Keep romanticizing a team that had to go on a 12 game win streak but was pedestrian for most of the season. Keep blaming guys like Yandle for not being hard to play against. Being hard to play against has nothing to do with our inability to score or goalies unable to win games for us. Roberto let in two soft goals, again, last game. No coach can fix crappy goaltending. Tallon and Joyce have handcuffed this team with subpar goaltending. Vegas, even on their 20th goaltender is still getting timely saves, unlike us.

I don't discount him but his team clicks and that's often beyond coaching. It's not always coaching as much as fans want to believe. Sometimes players and teams are on fire, have unexplainable chemistry that pays dividends, like Dineen's team with a first line that dominated with three guys who would be second line players at best on today's team. Nothing Gallant and Dineen did to create chemistry wasn't done by Rowe or Boughner.

I don't really care about the heat. The heat played great when they had great players. Shocking, I know. Sometimes teams like Vegas over perform but will eventually come down to earth.

Gallant did not have the team playing as well as Vegas to start the season last year though. I know, it's because we replaced Campbell, Guds and Kulikov with Yandle, Demers, Pysyk.

Trocheck has no chemistry with anyone on his line. Has nothing to do with Jokinen who scored 60 points (!) and then falls off a cliff production wise and is on his second team this season. Nothing to do with career years and above average shooting percentages. Has nothing to do with Roberto being very good back then and not good now. Our backup Montoya was also very good. Reimer today, not so much. The second line was fantastic, Trocheck had tremendous chemistry with Smith and what does Tallon do, he gives him away.

Do you think Haley and MacK aren't buying in? They are but they suck. Sceviour is better than Shaw.

Edmonton is a team that made it to game 7 of semi-finals last season and is second to last in the conference despite having one of the best players in the league. Guess they shouldn't have fired Gallant!

So your point is that the players haven't bought in? Gallant couldn't get them to buy in either. His start with Vegas with an inferior roster is better than last year's team.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Flyers on a 7 game losing streak. Too depressed to look at the schedule but I'm sure the Florida Slumpbusters will be there to help them soon
Soon it will be the off-season, and a high draft pick and bringing back a fan favorite will sustain you until the next year of misery starts in October :laugh:

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Its getting stale listening to the whining about Gallant.

Just like RainingRats said, good for him, but he's not the reason Vegas is doing so well. They have a good team. They're 5th in the league in scoring, ya know, that stat that so many of you aren't concerned with.

Gallant can thank Uncle Dale for his dumbass botching the expansion draft.
Soooo he has nothing to do with them being good? And also he was mediocre when he took a team from the bottom of the standings to near the top in just 2 seasons? And the fans are whiny after what they just went through with team after what they had gone through for the last 20 years before that?

........Something tells me, that you might have an agenda. :amazed: :sarcasm:

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
2 teams with hall of famers, lol. New Jersey was hardly a threat when you look at their roster. Gallant had the best European forward of all time, guaranteed HOF too, lol.

Keep romanticizing a team that had to go on a 12 game win streak but was pedestrian for most of the season. Keep blaming guys like Yandle for not being hard to play against. Being hard to play against has nothing to do with our inability to score or goalies unable to win games for us. Roberto let in two soft goals, again, last game. No coach can fix crappy goaltending. Tallon and Joyce have handcuffed this team with subpar goaltending. Vegas, even on their 20th goaltender is still getting timely saves, unlike us.

I don't discount him but his team clicks and that's often beyond coaching. It's not always coaching as much as fans want to believe. Sometimes players and teams are on fire, have unexplainable chemistry that pays dividends, like Dineen's team with a first line that dominated with three guys who would be second line players at best on today's team. Nothing Gallant and Dineen did to create chemistry wasn't done by Rowe or Boughner.

I don't really care about the heat. The heat played great when they had great players. Shocking, I know. Sometimes teams like Vegas over perform but will eventually come down to earth.

Gallant did not have the team playing as well as Vegas to start the season last year though. I know, it's because we replaced Campbell, Guds and Kulikov with Yandle, Demers, Pysyk.

Trocheck has no chemistry with anyone on his line. Has nothing to do with Jokinen who scored 60 points (!) and then falls off a cliff production wise and is on his second team this season. Nothing to do with career years and above average shooting percentages. Has nothing to do with Roberto being very good back then and not good now. Our backup Montoya was also very good. Reimer today, not so much. The second line was fantastic, Trocheck had tremendous chemistry with Smith and what does Tallon do, he gives him away.

Do you think Haley and MacK aren't buying in? They are but they suck. Sceviour is better than Shaw.

Edmonton is a team that made it to game 7 of semi-finals last season and is second to last in the conference despite having one of the best players in the league. Guess they shouldn't have fired Gallant!

So your point is that the players haven't bought in? Gallant couldn't get them to buy in either. His start with Vegas with an inferior roster is better than last year's team.

I mean, shit, I'll take the team and coach that at least made the playoffs. 12 wins is 12 wins, doesn't really matter how or when you get them.

Maybe that team was a fluke, maybe not. You know what's more frustrating than the possibility that it was a fluke? The possibility that it wasn't. Even worse is we'll never know what would have happened without ownership meddling.

Reactions: Vilam and PSLguy

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I mean, ****, I'll take the team and coach that at least made the playoffs. 12 wins is 12 wins, doesn't really matter how or when you get them.

Maybe that team was a fluke, maybe not. You know what's more frustrating than the possibility that it was a fluke? The possibility that it wasn't.
When you look at all the numbers behind that season you can see it was a team that overachieved and wasn't going to be likely repeat things without changes.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Soooo he has nothing to do with them being good? And also he was mediocre when he took a team from the bottom of the standings to near the top in just 2 seasons? And the fans are whiny after what they just went through with team after what they had gone through for the last 20 years before that?

........Something tells me, that you might have an agenda. :amazed: :sarcasm:

An agenda for what? Gallant is an average every day coach. You look at as a guy who brought us to the top of the standings, I look at it as a guy who got bounced in the first round of the playoffs by a very mediocre team.

Does he have "something" to do with them being good? Sure, but let's not act like he's a big deal. The players on the ice are the main factor here. Certainly crying about it in every other thread is not gonna bring him back.

Reactions: RainingRats

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Soon it will be the off-season, and a high draft pick and bringing back a fan favorite will sustain you until the next year of misery starts in October :laugh:

It's sad. The only thing to look forward is who do we draft at 3rd overall and Gudbranson sign that 5x5 deal

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Okay, new game! How would you put together the lineup right now? You have all our players that are healthy + whoever you want to call up from Springfield. Complaining about missing our former players is forbidden.

I'll start with
Huby-Barkov-McCann
Haapala-Trocheck-Hunt/Brickley
McGinn-Malgin-Bjugstad
Haley-Balisy-Sceviour

Yandle-Ekblad
Matheson-McCoshen
Petro-Pysyk
Weegar

Now tear it apart and propose something better :)

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Okay, new game! How would you put together the lineup right now? You have all our players that are healthy + whoever you want to call up from Springfield. Complaining about missing our former players is forbidden.

I'll start with
Huby-Barkov-Bjugstad
Haapala-Trocheck-Hunt
McGinn-McCann-Malgin
Brick
-Balisy-Sceviour

Yandle-Ekblad
Matheson-McCoshen
Petro-Pysyk
Weegar

Now tear it apart and propose something better :)

imo.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
It's sad. The only thing to look forward is who do we draft at 3rd overall and Gudbranson sign that 5x5 deal

You've been around for worse. While not here, I lived through the Ivan Novoseltsev playing 22 minutes a night era too...

MoonDragn

Mar 28, 2007
Maryland
The problem with Pete Deboer is that while he is great with veterans he is terrible with rookies on the team. He doesn't trust them so they don't get the playing time they need. Without the depth you can only go so far. Devils made it to the finals but with the injuries to our main players, we couldn't finish.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Yeah I tried to get Bjugstad on the top line but I don't really like McCann and Malgin together, plus I want Malgin at center. Also, wanted to insulate Malgin by two vets as he's the youngest of the bunch...

I just put McCann at center due to him playing well early on, pre injury at center on the 3rd line. Thought it would be best to keep him there. Saw his goal against the Blackhawks but wasn't paying attention to the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad