GDT: Panthers @ Devils 11/27/2017 "Hischier Kisses"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Got to have good skaters, its why Sceviour and MM are so good on the PK, they change the entry for the opposing teams.
Sceviour really isn't a good skater though, his agility is about at the same level as Mac and his speed is average at best. Endurance is his thing.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Sceviour really isn't a good skater though, his agility is about at the same level as Mac and his speed is average at best. Endurance is his thing.

Certainly not pretty getting there, but has one of the best top speeds on this team, and with his effort and no fear attitude he is always churning his legs.

I think he could be a 15 + 15 guy if MacK unthaws his hands/brain, and Haley gets shown the pressbox. Better yet, lets just replace both of them. I like Brickley, Hunt, Haapala, Balisy above both of them.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Question if its only me or did Yandle look pretty bad and sleepy on the 2nd Goal against us??
I mean Devils was ful in the Game and aware of the Situation and yandle stand around and looked like where i am where is the puck. He didnt even look around where the puck could be.

Also wouldn´t it be better directly go on the Devils forward or would lead that to 2 Minuted interfering. But with the Puck near the Situation it would be more a Battle for the Puck.

But overall it was a crazy night with a lot of strange Bounces and i mean Malgin doesnt looked that bad with barkov. Maybe he still overreacts, to players going to the same Points close the Way to move or move the Puck.
Current i very appleased with the last Happala and Weegar Games. Maybe that is also the fact they place Weegar up with Matheson.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I really am impressed with Jared McCann's overall game. He saw time on the PK and late in the game, I think he has earned BBs trust. I hope he stays healthy the rest of the way.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Got to have good skaters, its why Sceviour and MM are so good on the PK, they change the entry for the opposing teams.

Trocheck has been on the ice for 9 against :( Also has the highest XGA among all the PKers and the the highest CA against for all Forwards. Pysyk at the top

Pysyk 11 :(

Sceviour 7 :(
Yandle 8 :(
Ekblad 7 :(

Mac da King 14 :puppy: at 7 minutes less TOI than Trocheck :shakehead

I am surprised McGinn doesnt get any PK time but gets PP time.

MacKenzie sucks. But Trocheck's performance is unacceptable. He needs to be better because he has the tools.

Pysyk....regression is a bitch.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Trocheck has been on the ice for 9 against :( Also has the highest XGA among all the PKers and the the highest CA against for all Forwards. Pysyk at the top

MacKenzie sucks. But Trocheck's performance is unacceptable. He needs to be better because he has the tools.

Pysyk....regression is a *****.

Trocheck has been cheating all season, he feels the pressure to add offense but it cant come at the expense of GAs. Those PK numbers are gonna look terrible for a long time, because of the first 12ish games of this season. But the defensive plan and change in play has been palpable for the last few games. Is it too late already to save the season?

That is the question.

I find it fun that you have been pining over Kuli for a year and a half now. All the Guds stuff all the complaints, all the now passive aggressive posts started with Kulikov for Pysyk. LOL.

None of them now look bad in their own zone, but the pairs are still not balanced. More moves will be made, and maybe Pysyk is the guy thats out. Dale's choice now.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Certainly not pretty getting there, but has one of the best top speeds on this team, and with his effort and no fear attitude he is always churning his legs.

I think he could be a 15 + 15 guy if MacK unthaws his hands/brain, and Haley gets shown the pressbox. Better yet, lets just replace both of them. I like Brickley, Hunt, Haapala, Balisy above both of them.
Disagree, Barkov/Dadonov/Trocheck/Bjugstad/Huberdeau/McCann/Weegar (maybe Malgin too) are faster both acceleration and top end speed wise.

Sceviour isn't good enough to create on his own and doesn't really stand out at anything. He's good on the PK, but that can't be your only claim to fame in the modern roll all 4 lines NHL. I think they'll trade him at the TDL.

Pysyk....regression is a *****.
Bjugstad should start getting PK time with his improve defensive play.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Disagree, Barkov/Dadonov/Trocheck/Bjugstad/Huberdeau/McCann/Weegar (maybe Malgin too) are faster both acceleration and top end speed wise.

Sceviour isn't good enough to create on his own and doesn't really stand out at anything. He's good on the PK, but that can't be your only claim to fame in the modern roll all 4 lines NHL. I think they'll trade him at the TDL.

I actually wouldnt mind him and McCann getting PK time. At least, just to shave some time off of Trocheck's TOI.

Plus those two have length and can clog the passing lane a bit better. Maybe McCan and McGinn even. I am still surprised McGinn doesnt get any PK time but gets PP time.

It's like the inverse Matheson :laugh:

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica

They may trade him because there is a value for him around the league. Or because we have yound controllable guys in the system, but Dale targeted and signed him, himself.

If Nick played with Scevs game in and game out effort, he would be in the top 6.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I actually wouldnt mind him and McCann getting PK time. At least, just to shave some time off of Trocheck's TOI.

Plus those two have length and can clog the passing lane a bit better. Maybe McCan and McGinn even. I am still surprised McGinn doesnt get any PK time but gets PP time.

It's like the inverse Matheson :laugh:

McGinns game is north south on the forecheck, dont really like him in his own zone, stick checks where he would take the body as the attacking player.

Its strange.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Trocheck has been cheating all season, he feels the pressure to add offense but it cant come at the expense of GAs. Those PK numbers are gonna look terrible for a long time, because of the first 12ish games of this season. But the defensive plan and change in play has been palpable for the last few games. Is it too late already to save the season?

That is the question.

I find it fun that you have been pining over Kuli for a year and a half now. All the Guds stuff all the complaints, all the now passive aggressive posts started with Kulikov for Pysyk. LOL.

None of them now look bad in their own zone, but the pairs are still not balanced. More moves will be made, and maybe Pysyk is the guy thats out. Dale's choice now.

I've always said he was a bigger loss than Guds :laugh:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
McGinns game is north south on the forecheck, dont really like him in his own zone, stick checks where he would take the body as the attacking player.

Its strange.
True, but at least in the PK he wouldnt be get caught off position since he simplifies his d-zone play.

I like his length though. McCann and Bjugstad also. The thing that kills our PK the most are the cross-ice passes that get through.

Wouldnt mind trying Bjugstad with Barkov.

McCann with Sceviour

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I really am impressed with Jared McCann's overall game. He saw time on the PK and late in the game, I think he has earned BBs trust. I hope he stays healthy the rest of the way.
He looks like a smart player on the ice. Could be a really solid middle six center. Plenty of upside.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
They may trade him because there is a value for him around the league. Or because we have yound controllable guys in the system, but Dale targeted and signed him, himself.
Why do we always have to bring this angle in, sigh.

He doesn't have a long-term future with the team, is easily replaceable and set to become a free agent. If we're clearly out of the playoff race (which looks likely at the moment), the sensible thing is to trade him and give one of the kids (say Hawryluk) a tryout for the remaining games. Vrbata should be traded as well and maybe Petrovic (depending on the market and if he's still getting scratched).

If Nick played with Scevs game in and game out effort, he would be in the top 6.
Bjugs effort level has been more than fine this season, I've yet to see a game where he quit/floated on a defensive play. I'd even argue Bjugs has been our hardest working forward so far.

Reactions: I am not exposed

SimbaThePanther

Jul 3, 2015
Sweden
Bjugs effort level has been more than fine this season, I've yet to see a game where he quit/floated on a defensive play. I'd even argue Bjugs has been our hardest working forward so far.

Completely agree and I find it odd some still don't see this in his game. He is much improved from last season and I would even say back in the days when he did good for us. His work rate is much higher this season all over the ice and I don't even find him to be that bad defensivly, which has been one of, if not THE, weakest points of his play in the past. If only his scoring would really take off he would be superb with his current play and work rate. Still think he can do it.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Bjugstad should be on the PK?

What alternate universe did I wake up in? lol

Not complaining, just surprised that he upped his defensive game after the past two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad