Pre-Game Talk: Panthers @ Bruins Jan 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Its embarrassing when your overpowered. It was varsity vs JV out there. There is a difference than being out skilled like we were against Chicago in that Clemm game. That wasn't embarrassing however.

When you are physically pounded and out muscled all over the ice its not a good feeling and I hate to see that because it shows how much we lack and what kind of players we need to be a consistent winner. We are very far away.

I'm not embarrassed to say that a team that lost in 6 in last year's cup final is much better than we are. You are right we are far away from their level just like 75% of the league is. We are far away but we are on the right path.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
not sure how some of u can bash the coach at this point... our leading scorer wont have 50 points this year... our top 2 centers are rookies and one just turned 18 at the start of the year...one of our top pairing d man was signed to a pto.. but he still has them playing .500 hockey...sure some choices are questionable, as they are with every single coach in the league... but to call for ph head due to some decisions when u have no clue what goes on behind the scenes or other factors is just crap... how many coaches u expect to go through? and for saying he should have them playing hard every game or else bag skate in practice is laughable... if they brought the consistency every game like u expect they would be a playoff team... thats what seperates good teams from bad ones... its not fully on the coach to motivate and jack up his players... that has to come from within the player for the most part.. though i didnt like scratching guds and barch against the bs when we need that physicality im sure he has his reasons for benching guds again and whatever he has been doing is working since he took over so im not gonna bash him for it

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
not sure how some of u can bash the coach at this point... our leading scorer wont have 50 points this year... our top 2 centers are rookies and one just turned 18 at the start of the year...one of our top pairing d man was signed to a pto.. but he still has them playing .500 hockey...sure some choices are questionable, as they are with every single coach in the league... but to call for ph head due to some decisions when u have no clue what goes on behind the scenes or other factors is just crap... how many coaches u expect to go through? and for saying he should have them playing hard every game or else bag skate in practice is laughable... if they brought the consistency every game like u expect they would be a playoff team... thats what seperates good teams from bad ones... its not fully on the coach to motivate and jack up his players... that has to come from within the player for the most part.. though i didnt like scratching guds and barch against the bs when we need that physicality im sure he has his reasons for benching guds again and whatever he has been doing is working since he took over so im not gonna bash him for it

Tom Gilbert can do it! :yo:

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
really disappointed in the effort tonight. from the get go, the Bs had the jump, were moving effortlessly out of their end. we had no forecheck, weren't skating, weren't battling. i hoped we could make to the intermission down 1-0, with a chance to recover but it wasn't to be.

There are a lot of things that "this entire franchise" should be embarrassed about, but losing a game, especially one to a cup contender, is not on my list.

it was a poor game, through and through but that's what happens when you don't show up ready against a team like boston. they do the basics so well and so consistently, you've gotta match it. we weren't even in the ballpark for much of the game.

all that said, i agree - erick's gone a bit overboard. it was a bad loss. time to move on.

No it's not...this team can't compete with legitamate NHL teams on a nightly basis.

eh... i think that's overdoing it as well. the Bs are playing their best hockey of the season and we weren't on tonight.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
first, why does this team wait until the 3rd period to come alive? is it because the other team feels it has the game in hand and lets down? we were manhandled. don't know why barch and mathias weren't in the line up. they have a physical presence. gomez does nothing for me and huberdeu is not looking very good!

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
And still we out hit them today. Our main problem today is that we are so ****ing slow, and love to make turn overs.

And then we saw another turnover.

Hits are indeed a misleading stat. Some people think of them as a positive and while I love great hits, leading that stat generally means you don't have control of the puck as much as the opponent, who won't need to do as much hitting while in control.

The Panthers were completely outmatched last night. I expected better but expecting a win against a team like Boston, well it's incredibly unlikely. Beating the Penguins last week isn't the same thing, because as talented as the Pens are, it is possible to get them off their game, get into their heads, and out-muscle them. You can't easily do that to the Bruins, they are perhaps the most physical while being smart team out there.

The only way to beat the Bruins is with skill and intelligence, and we lacked that. I wanted a better outcome for Thomas, to at least have it be a goalie game where even if we lose, Thomas can feel good about the game defensively. But it was wrong all around.

Also, it figures when we finally score a powerplay goal, it's almost meaningless to the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad