Pre-Game Talk: Panthers @ Bruins Jan 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Not saying we would have won at all. You're probably right we are outmatched in every aspect. But stiyou are playing a huge team in terms of size and you stick your size in the box. I just cannot fathom that thinking.

And even though he was having to drag around Jovo and wasn't at 100 percent, he wasn't plating horribly before he got benched. Definitely didn't deserve to be benched. Like I said, PH is playing favorites.

Getting benched one game is a statement. Two games tells me there is another problem, in this case injury. Unless it is absolutely necessary there is no reason to play a guy who just isn't himself. His play has been hurting the team the last few games and he has admitted it. Here is his direct quote:

“It’s tough not being in the lineup. It’s never a position you want to be in. It sucks more when you’re the one that put yourself there’’ --(Taken from Harvey's article earlier)

And I find the playing favorites argument rather absurd and lacking any basis.

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
So what if we out-hit them. Hits aren't an overly reliable stat anyway. The physicality he brings go beyond the hit column. Example: Boston's first goal; Gilbert tried to clear the rebound, but got out-muscled and Lucic pushed it in. Or the fifth goal when Thornton essentially skated through 2 of our guys

Yes it could have helped, but it still might be better to get someone back to 100% instead of continue play them at 70%.

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
Getting benched one game is a statement. Two games tells me there is another problem, in this case injury. Unless it is absolutely necessary there is no reason to play a guy who just isn't himself. His play has been hurting the team the last few games and he has admitted it. Here is his direct quote:

“It’s tough not being in the lineup. It’s never a position you want to be in. It sucks more when you’re the one that put yourself there’’ --(Taken from Harvey's article earlier)

Yeah he had orbital surgery and normal recovery is 4 weeks, we started to play him after 2 weeks with a cage since we where forced to.

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
Yeah he had orbital surgery and normal recovery is 4 weeks, we started to play him after 2 weeks with a cage since we where forced to.

We weren't forced to do anything. If Horachek is going to be soooo concerned with his health now why wasn't he before. We have other options: Petro, Robak, etc.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Right now the wise words of Gordon Bombay sum up my feelings about this team.

"How lazy can you be?! They're KILLING us out there! How many times do I have to tell you. Get your heads up. Get those loose pucks. Get... *sigh* just get the hell out of here."

f515ec61b0e59e18085a9864d50f44d61191603002.jpeg

Benched

Jan 2, 2007

What do you want him to day? The guy I was paired with sucks and I had to drag him around and coach is just being a big ******* not playing me? That's what he should say. But he is a pro.

And it really isnt. He and Matthias get into it he benches him. Then he gets in Guds facefor really no reason and he is benched for two games. Guds may still have to wear the cage but he is perfectly capable of being out there right now and with Olsen I am confident he'd be back to his old self.

Erick*

The team should be embarrassed. This entire franchise should be embarrassed.

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
I agree, but PH is so concerned about his health he wouldn't have played him at 70% at all.

I dont think he is concerned about his health (that kind of injury wont get worse, it just wont heal when you play), its more its better for the team to rest Guds when Olsen is back, to bring Guds back to 100%, we will need it more then we would have needed him today. So yeah better to rest him for two games and then have him back without the cage for the last 4 games, instead of playing him at 70% for the last 6 games before the olympics. I think he will be back in next game and i guess they will rest weaver.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
What do you want him to day? The guy I was paired with sucks and I had to drag him around and coach is just being a big ******* not playing me? That's what he should say. But he is a pro.

And it really isnt. He and Matthias get into it he benches him. Then he gets in Guds facefor really no reason and he is benched for two games. Guds may still have to wear the cage but he is perfectly capable of being out there right now and with Olsen I am confident he'd be back to his old self.

Matthias expressed his discontent with the benching. Kulikov and Versteeg threw in subtle shots as well. Gudbranson accepted it as he should have.

I don't think Guds is capable of playing like himself right now. We are in a new situation for us where we have 7 qualified D-men, one needs to sit. It is easier and makes sense to sit the one who is still recovering from as Effe said an injury that takes longer to heal. I want Gudbranson out there as much as the next Panthers fan because, when healthy, he helps our team. However, lately his play hasn't been good enough so let's wait til he's healthy to play him.

Sykwitit

Mar 2, 2013
The team should be embarrassed. This entire franchise should be embarrassed.

Naaa, if we didnt have markstrom play those few games we would still be a respectable team with a shot at the playoffs remember! :laugh:

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
It was one loss to a far superior team. This is a little too much.

Agree. We're not going to win every game. We've played really well given out talent since Horachek took over. Only pessimistic people don't see how improved this team is. If we can add the right pieces going into next season and we keep PH, I'll be excited to see what we can do.

Erick*

Naaa, if we didnt have markstrom play those few games we would still be a respectable team with a shot at the playoffs remember! :laugh:

What are you laughing at? It's still true. :laugh: It speaks to the mediocrity in the NHL.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
We did clearly lose to a better team as we have had a very tough time against the Bruins over the last few seasons. I just can't stand how the overall effort from the team doesn't show up until it's usually too late in the 3rd Period. Defensively, we sucked terribly tonight. Thomas didn't have his best of games at all, but he didn't get support at all. Frustrating game to watch, but I can't say I'm one bit surprised.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Yes, an embarrassing loss. Thus, they should be embarrassed.

There are a lot of things that "this entire franchise" should be embarrassed about, but losing a game, especially one to a cup contender, is not on my list.

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
www.miamiestatebuyers.com
There are a lot of things that "this entire franchise" should be embarrassed about, but losing a game, especially one to a cup contender, is not on my list.

Its embarrassing when your overpowered. It was varsity vs JV out there. There is a difference than being out skilled like we were against Chicago in that Clemm game. That wasn't embarrassing however.

When you are physically pounded and out muscled all over the ice its not a good feeling and I hate to see that because it shows how much we lack and what kind of players we need to be a consistent winner. We are very far away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad