Pre-Game Talk: Panthers @ Bruins Jan 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
George Richards (@GeorgeRichards) tweeted at 1:28 PM on Mon, Jan 27, 2014:
Aleksander Barkov hasn't joined #FlaPanthers in Boston ... out for #Bruins doubtful for #Leafs on Thursday

:(

Hopefully he is back for the Tuesday home game.

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
Aleksander Barkov hasn't joined #FlaPanthers in Boston ... out for #Bruins doubtful for #Leafs on Thursday

Dont think we will see him at all on the road trip. Its Olsen all over again,

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL

e806f0d8d7edc0729dcf1fe59ea4ad013048e808b21d37531f19f332392c9ee1.jpg

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Stating the obvious here but we can't afford to fall behind early to them like we always seem to.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
How did Barkov's injury go from "he's fine but leaving game to be cautious" and now he's speculated to be out for 3-4 very IMPORTANT games? The other guys have to step up because his absence has been really noticeable. Get well soon Barky, hoping the guys can grind out a win IN Boston for Timmy.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
How did Barkov's injury go from "he's fine but leaving game to be cautious" and now he's speculated to be out for 3-4 very IMPORTANT games? The other guys have to step up because his absence has been really noticeable. Get well soon Barky, hoping the guys can grind out a win IN Boston for Timmy.

Are you shocked?

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013

Not only did they say he was fine, but Horachek also said he looked good while working out on Saturday and was even skating on his own.

Why do they have to be like this with injuries?

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL

I guess our trainers got a hold of him. :sarcasm: But seriously, our injuries always seem to be worse than first let on.

Erick*

Boston started their backup tonight against the Isles so we're likely facing Rask tomorrow night.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

Very important games is a huge stretch, they're (assuming CBJ hold on tonight) 11 points back. Rather see him healthy after the break than risk worsening his injury (don't forget the Olympics are a huge deal for him, he probably wants to be healthy for them).

Sykwitit

Mar 2, 2013

Because his next 3-4 years + here are much more important than the next 3-4 games, I'm sure Tallon is in Horacheks ear telling him to make absolutely sure he's 100% before we even think of putting him back in the lineup.

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL
Over his past 6 games Tuukka has allowed 3+ goals on 3 occasions ... at least he's not red hot right meow, there's a chance!

hockey dude

Aug 26, 2011
Very important games is a huge stretch, they're (assuming CBJ hold on tonight) 11 points back. Rather see him healthy after the break than risk worsening his injury (don't forget the Olympics are a huge deal for him, he probably wants to be healthy for them).

I'm sure the Olympics are a big deal for Barkov and don't disagree that if he is not healthy then don't play him. But don't think the Panthers who are paying him big bucks would hold him out because of the Olympics! You honestly think Barkov calls those shots or that the Panthers care about the Olympics?

Benched

Jan 2, 2007

We are actually only eight points out for the second wildcard and 10 behind the first. Still probably insurmountable but just saying.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
You honestly think Barkov calls those shots or that the Panthers care about the Olympics?
No, but he could be taking it easier in his recovery and not trying to rush back. Bobrovsky took an extra week off before returning to the jackets to insure he wouldn't re tweak his injury and jeopardize his chances at starting for Russia, Barkov could be doing the same thing. This is just a theory obviously.
We are actually only eight points out for the second wildcard and 10 behind the first. Still probably insurmountable but just saying.

Ya my fault I was looking at the wrong screen. Still probably insurmountable, but if this team finishes at 500 after being 9 games under, and they make some of the moves Viola has promised, it'll actually be an optimistic off season for once.

SeasonTicket

Sep 5, 2006
I would think that the players have the final say on whether they are ready to play or not. If it doesn't feel right to me I would not play no matter what the trainers or coaches say. It's my career.

Having said that however some players seem to play through injuries, maybe take chances more than others.

Look at Gudbranson with his orbital bone injury. Having been scratched last game maybe he's wishing he took more time to recover than wearing the cage and playing through it.

Bergenheim when he was supposedly ready to return elected to take more time. Flew to Toronto for 5 days if I remember correctly to see a doctor. That seemed to piss off Dineen at the time. So obviously Bergy's call.

In Barkov's case whoever is his counsel is probably advising him to be sure he's ready before playing another game.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
No, but he could be taking it easier in his recovery and not trying to rush back. Bobrovsky took an extra week off before returning to the jackets to insure he wouldn't re tweak his injury and jeopardize his chances at starting for Russia, Barkov could be doing the same thing. This is just a theory obviously.

Ya my fault I was looking at the wrong screen. Still probably insurmountable, but if this team finishes at 500 after being 9 games under, and they make some of the moves Viola has promised, it'll actually be an optimistic off season for once.

Viola has not really promised any particular moves just said Tallon can spend if he wants. The FA class isn't all that stacked this year so unless we pull off a bunch of trades I don't think you see an entirely different team this year. I doubt we move everyone I'd like to move. See other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad