GDT: Panthers @ Bruins: 1 pm start (Hi all euro fans)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
The problem I have is that I think we are an easy team to play against. Who fears the Panthers when they show up in your town?

I don't even feel like these good teams do anything spectacular to win just flex some muscle and clog up the neutral zone and middle of the ice and we are guaranteed to get less than 2 goals.

Too much of the game goes by where nothing happens on our behalf and it it is not acceptable.

1 in maybe 5 or 6 games we take the game to opposition. The other games we chase and we fail.

It does many times feel like when we win it's because the other team doesnt even take us serious.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Were en route to another 4-5 years of hearing "The kids are 1 year older"

Funny how we thought we were bad when we had Horton, Booth and Weiss. Those teams even without any depth would skate around this team. At least those guys would put up 20-30 goal per year per guy. Now were lucky to have 1-2 players with over 15 goals per season

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
I know blaming the refs is taboo to many here, but today was a poorly officiated game. Boston is a slow physical team who plays a clutch and grab style of defense. Refs let them do whatever they want in the corners and it showed. The two scrums that resulted in penalties were brutal as well. On the first it should have been a wash and the cats ended up down a man and on the second the Bruins should have gotten an extra penalty only for the refs to decide to even it up and give Thornton a rarely called double minor for roughing. There were plenty of examples of instances where the Bruins got away with an extra hold or interference. Or how about the Bruins getting two free time outs by intentionally making a line change after an icing and waiting for the refs to correct it. Absolutely shameful that the refs let it happen twice in the same game.

Yes I know the panthers didn't play well, but how many times in the past have there been games where the panthers are the better team and it ends up in OT? Those breaks the Bruins got tonight played a major factor in the game. It may be an excuse, but it's a valid one. I'm personally sick of it continually happening.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I know blaming the refs is taboo to many here, but today was a poorly officiated game. Boston is a slow physical team who plays a clutch and grab style of defense. Refs let them do whatever they want in the corners and it showed. The two scrums that resulted in penalties were brutal as well. On the first it should have been a wash and the cats ended up down a man and on the second the Bruins should have gotten an extra penalty only for the refs to decide to even it up and give Thornton a rarely called double minor for roughing. There were plenty of examples of instances where the Bruins got away with an extra hold or interference. Or how about the Bruins getting two free time outs by intentionally making a line change after an icing and waiting for the refs to correct it. Absolutely shameful that the refs let it happen twice in the same game.

Yes I know the panthers didn't play well, but how many times in the past have there been games where the panthers are the better team and it ends up in OT? Those breaks the Bruins got tonight played a major factor in the game. It may be an excuse, but it's a valid one. I'm personally sick of it continually happening.

As far as concerned, the first spooner goal should have been disallowed. It just seems like when it comes to the other team, its always a good goal on ice then inconclusive in review.

For us, it starts as a good goal, then switched to no goal then reviewed and its inconclusive. Seriously, that's how it is every single time.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
As far as concerned, the first spooner goal should have been disallowed. It just seems like when it comes to the other team, its always a good goal on ice then inconclusive in review.

For us, it starts as a good goal, then switched to no goal then reviewed and its inconclusive. Seriously, that's how it is every single time.

common sense when the stick starts above the shoulders and comes down is that it was likely a high stick. It should have been ruled a high stick on the ice and seen if it was not via replay. Just terrible all around

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
common sense when the stick starts above the shoulders and comes down is that it was likely a high stick. It should have been ruled a high stick on the ice and seen if it was not via replay. Just terrible all around

Not to mention he jumped! That means his starting point wasn't even on the ice.

MAYBE since he jumped, they lifted the net off the ice too? Lol.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
Just frustrating. Just goes to show how important getting a good start in the season is. We had to get a 5 game winning streak just to get ourselves back in the fold, but now we're throwing that away losing to the teams we are competing with for a playoff spot.

Really starting to get irritated with the dump-and-chase method we are using 9 out of 10 times. It's basically a turnover 7 of those 9 times, and the 2 times we win the puck we get a grandtotal of 1 shot on net before the puck gets either taken by the opposing team, cleared, or frozen by the goalie. Maybe try to even out the # of times we dump it in with the # of times we take the puck in the zone? At least it would make us less predictable.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Were en route to another 4-5 years of hearing "The kids are 1 year older"

Funny how we thought we were bad when we had Horton, Booth and Weiss. Those teams even without any depth would skate around this team. At least those guys would put up 20-30 goal per year per guy. Now were lucky to have 1-2 players with over 15 goals per season

It's the same garbage every year. I crack up every time I see someone defend this piss poor franchise. I'm honestly starting to think Viola bought this team as a goof. I can totally picture him and his buddies wasted saying "you know what would be funny? If I bought the Panthers."

Why we take our fastest player out of the lineup to play Thornton makes absolutely no sense to me. At all.

Didn't you know Gallant is the best coach in the league. I'm debating on changing my username to "Gallant's dumb tooth".

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
It's the same garbage every year. I crack up every time I see someone defend this piss poor franchise. I'm honestly starting to think Viola bought this team as a goof. I can totally picture him and his buddies wasted saying "you know what would be funny? If I bought the Panthers."

Didn't you know Gallant is the best coach in the league. I'm debating on changing my username to "Gallant's dumb tooth".

Solid name change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad