GDT: Panthers @ Bruins: 1 pm start (Hi all euro fans)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
We should have a reserved spot in the standings every year between 9 and 12. Just bad enough to never get in and just good enough not to get a difference making draft pick and systemic changes.

How are we a better team than when we had Horton and Weiss leading the charge?

22-year-old Nathan Horton did more on the ice than 22-year-old Jonathan Huberdeau does for us now. Sad but true.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Bad game overall. They need to have a short memory and get past this one. Anyway, good day gentlemen. I'm off to play some NHL 16. Gonna get my Clark Gillies on and hopefully feel better.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
WOW! NHL is praising that goal of Spooner with that high stick...This has to be a ****ing joke!"

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
We're not even better than a MAKE SHIFT team in NJ.

I'm at my wit's end with this team after every single time they approach a big game with a bad effort and lose like I can adequately predict in that situation.

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
You guys are all ridiculous. You can't keep changing things that don't work and expect to win. The key is to stay with whatever you have, even if it's going nowhere. Except things that don't matter, like uniforms, change those.

Last edited:

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Game of boys against men... this was just sad, nobody showed up

Worst player was not Thornton, it was Pirri. Completely invisible, Howden should have played instead. Huby was bad as well.

Win against STL, NSH and CBJ, lose to BOS, OTT and NJ, go figure...

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
People saying Huby was bad today? Lol, c'mon. He was the most active forward offensively today and made a couple good defensive plays. Rewatch the game please.

Can't compare Horton to Huberdeau. Two completely different players

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
People saying Huby was bad today? Lol, c'mon. He was the most active forward offensively today and made a couple good defensive plays. Rewatch the game please.

Can't compare Horton to Huberdeau. Two completely different players

Huby was not bad but he was far from good aswell.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
The problem I have is that I think we are an easy team to play against. Who fears the Panthers when they show up in your town?

I don't even feel like these good teams do anything spectacular to win just flex some muscle and clog up the neutral zone and middle of the ice and we are guaranteed to get less than 2 goals.

Too much of the game goes by where nothing happens on our behalf and it it is not acceptable.

1 in maybe 5 or 6 games we take the game to opposition. The other games we chase and we fail.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
The problem I have is that I think we are an easy team to play against. Who fears the Panthers when they show up in your town?

I don't even feel like these good teams do anything spectacular to win just flex some muscle and clog up the neutral zone and middle of the ice and we are guaranteed to get less than 2 goals.

Too much of the game goes by where nothing happens on our behalf and it it is not acceptable.

1 in maybe 5 or 6 games we take the game to opposition. The other games we chase and we fail.

Yup we need a couple of forwards with Gud's attitude. This team has very little mean in it.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
This team just doesn't have enough skill.

Pirri needs to go, Thornton should never be in the lineup, Bolland is just awful. I used to defend him because he wasn't bad it was just his contract sucked, but this season he's been a train wreck.

Mitchell is useless.

This team has some dead weight it needs to get rid of.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Just too much mediocre talent. Outside his shot Pirri doesn't look like a nhl player, I don't think I've seen him win a 1v1 race against anybody. I can't believe how far this guy has fallen.

The few guys that can play a top 6 game don't have speed, especially wingers. Smith is probably the only one. Huby is average, Jagr slow and others shouldn't even be playing in a top six role. Even Jokinen who is having a great season point wise and is a really good utility player seems completely useless when matched up against fast teams.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
I said before the game that Thornton would get the call and he did. Why?????? So he can rough up Rinaldo? Absolute waste. You knew he wouldn't go after any of his former teammates. Also, it wouldn't surprise me if he had a few of the guys on the town last night to some of his favorite watering holes. They played like it.

Rocco will be called up with Mac hurt. He has looked good in the sniper dept on the wing the last 4 games. Let's hope he takes advantage of it this time.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Guys it was the first bad game in the last 8...

I think people either have expectations that are too high or are putting too much stock into one game

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014

I think people either have expectations that are too high or are putting too much stock into one game

Still does not matter when they lose and lose and lose some more.

Btw the games against Nashville and the Blues wer pretty bad overall games just lucky to win.

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN

3 straight losses in important games will do that to people. As it stands it looks like another year of no playoffs and people are rightfully fed up with that being the status quo

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Agreed. It was a terrible game, but the way people are talking, you would think we have been playing terrible for 6 games in a row or something.

A loss is a loss and thats all that matters in the end. 3 straight losses against divisional opponents is just so Panthers....

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary

Btw the games against Nashville and the Blues wer pretty bad overall games just lucky to win.

The Nashville game was not good but not horrid.
The STL game was perfect road game. Owned their "top" D core all night. Those goals were created off of hardwork and turnovers not just poor STL tending.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
A loss is a loss and thats all that matters in the end. 3 straight losses against divisional opponents is just so Panthers....

Yet you just said above that we played poorly against the st. Louis blues and predators but we won those games. So if a loss is a loss and that is all that matters, then a win is a win and that is all that should matter as well!

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Yet you just said above that we played poorly against the st. Louis blues and predators but we won those games. So if a loss is a loss and that is all that matters, then a win is a win and that is all that should matter as well!

Yeah as long as we win i got no complains but at the moment thats not the case specially in the 4 point games.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013

True but ever frustrating is the inability to show up for "big games." Bos is a direct competitor for the playoff berth and 3/4 of the roster doesn't show up, have to question how they would show up in a playoff series. It's sad that through all the touted character and cups our youngest players are the only ones trying to win.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

I think (hope) you meant Blue jackets

3 straight losses in important games will do that to people. As it stands it looks like another year of no playoffs and people are rightfully fed up with that being the status quo

well 3 of 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad