GDT: Panthers @ Bruins: 1 pm start (Hi all euro fans)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

Your Florida Panthers take on Boston Bruins! Game time at 1:00pm at TD Gardens

TV: Live on FSN Florida and Center Ice.
Radio: Listen Live on 560 WQAM

:panthers

VS

:bruins

[fieldset=Line Combinations (Subject To Change)]
Boston:
LW |C| RW
Marchand|Bergeron|Connolly
Beleskey|Krejci|Eriksson
Vatrano|Spooner|Hayes
Rinaldo|Ferraro|Talbot

LD|RD
Chara |McQuaid
Seidenberg|Trotman
Krug|K. Miller

Injuries and scratches:
Kemppainen, Kelly, Pastrnak (injured)
C. Miller, Morrow (healthy)

Florida:
LW| C |RW
Huberdeau|Barkov|Jagr
Pirri|Trocheck|Smith
Jokinen|MacKenzie|Shaw
Thornton|Howden |Brickley

LD|RD
Campbell|Mitchell
Olsen|Ekblad
Gudbranson| Kulikov

Injuries and scratches:

Kampfer (lbi, out for road trip), Petrovic (lbi, on trip but out vs Bruins), Bjugstad (stuck in 4th dimension)

Healthy: Bolland

[/fieldset]
[fieldset=Expected Starting Goaltenders]
Boston:
8471695.jpg

Tuukka Rask
GP | W | L | OTL | GAA | SV% | SO
20|10|7| 3| 2.63|.910|3
VS.

Florida:
8466141.jpg

Roberto Luongo
GP | W | L | OTL | GAA | SV% | SO
23|10|10|3| 236| .923|1
[/fieldset]

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Bolland sitting for Thornton is my guess. Petrovic will be back on this trip but is out today, Olsen's in.

Might as well have some Smith vs Hayes fun,

Excluding games where either player had > 1 point:

Hayes: 23 GP, 2 G, 3 A -10

Smith: 26 GP, 4 G, 4 A +1

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
Those numbers just prove how awful Hayes is when he is not scoring. Florida easily won that trade.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Those numbers just prove how awful Hayes is when he is not scoring. Florida easily won that trade.

Boston knew they were giving up the better player, they guessed that getting a player worth half the salary, which enabled them to sign Beleskey, and dumping Savard made the trade worth it.

So the question is, was Hayes+ Beleskey+dumping Savard good for Boston? Probably. But it was also good for Florida because Smith is better than Hayes

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Thornton doesn't have the stomach to protect us from former teammates. Better off going with the philosophy of just making them pay on the scoreboard if they take stupid penalties just like the other night.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Thornton doesn't have the stomach to protect us from former teammates. Better off going with the philosophy of just making them pay on the scoreboard if they take stupid penalties just like the other night.

Yup last game he was forechecking and had opportunities to hit guys but let up and smiled at them. Hope he's in the press box today.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Damn wish these early games only occured on sundays. Got **** to do

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
vbrnx.jpg

Hail Barkov, full of hatters
Jagr is with thee
Blessed art thou among centers
And blessed is the stick of thy choice, Bauer

In the name of the first goal, the second goal, and the Almighty Hatter, amen.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
It infuriates me that 32-year-old Jussi Jokinen is being more productive than 22-year-old Jonathan Huberdeau. Pick it up #11. Should be the other way around.

Last year on this day:
Friday, December 12, 2014 = 12 Wins - 8 Losses - 7 OT/SO Losses - 27 games played - 31 points
(With Hayes and all those mediocre guys like Upshall, Berg, Fleisch, Kopecky, etc)

This year on this day:
Saturday, December 12, 2015 = 14 Wins - 11 Losses - 4 OT/SO Losses - 29 games played 32 points

That's why it feels like nothing has changed.

Because NOTHING literally has.

Now go out there and lose in Boston like it's your job Panthers.

Have a nice day everyone.

Last edited:

anders and

Nov 16, 2013
E - U - RO! E - U - RO!
Its gonna be a 10.p.m start here, just perfect!

Praise be thy Hatter!

SimbaThePanther

Jul 3, 2015
Sweden
It infuriates me that 32-year-old Jussi Jokinen is being more productive than 22-year-old Jonathan Huberdeau. Pick it up #11. Should be the other way around.

Think he has picked it up lately, played very well last few games. He is what, 2p behind Jokinen and has picked up 2p more then him this month so far. Won't be long until he passes him. I hope! :laugh:

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014

Last year on this day:
Friday, December 12, 2014 = 12 Wins - 8 Losses - 7 OT/SO Losses - 27 games played - 31 points
(With Hayes and all those mediocre guys like Upshall, Berg, Fleisch, Kopecky, etc)

This year on this day:
Saturday, December 12, 2015 = 14 Wins - 11 Losses - 4 OT/SO Losses - 29 games played 32 points

That's why it feels like nothing has changed.

Because NOTHING literally has.

Now go out there and lose in Boston like it's your job Panthers.

Have a nice day everyone.

To many regulation losses tbh 11 is pretty terrible.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
You guys are so full of it... When he is leading this team in scoring at the end of the year, AGAIN, come talk to me about him.

Hubs is not the problem... LOL.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Think he has picked it up lately, played very well last few games. He is what, 2p behind Jokinen and has picked up 2p more then him this month so far. Won't be long until he passes him. I hope! :laugh:
Should consider in that JJ has spent the majority of the season on the 3rd line, whereas Huby has played on the top line..

Huby has produced yes, but we need more from him if this team wants to seriously challenge for a playoff spot.

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
Bolland sitting for Thornton is my guess. Petrovic will be back on this trip but is out today, Olsen's in.

Might as well have some Smith vs Hayes fun,

Excluding games where either player had > 1 point:

Hayes: 23 GP, 2 G, 3 A -10

Smith: 26 GP, 4 G, 4 A +1

As much as I prefer Smith to Hayes.. Games with more than 1 point count

SimbaThePanther

Jul 3, 2015
Sweden
Should consider in that JJ has spent the majority of the season on the 3rd line, whereas Huby has played on the top line..

Huby has produced yes, but we need more from him if this team wants to seriously challenge for a playoff spot.

You are not wrong, and I too have higher hopes for Huberdeau. Just saying, he had a bad/slow start but seems to be getting back to his best now again.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica

Not as an excuse, but the TOI is fairly even and Hubs has not been on the 1st line all year, and nearly half the time he was it was without Barkov.

When he is leading this team in scoring I will revisit these claims...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad