GDT: Panthers @ Avalanche - 12/14/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Wasn't there a consensus that we would be a bubble/wildcard team? Adjust wildcard to #3 in Atlantic and I feel we are where we should be.
I've see an identity being built here, we've had some emotional character building games, many scrums, fights and tight 1 goal affairs lately. We've beaten some solid teams and battled for ALWGAP which all add up at the end of the year.

IF we can sort out the special teams, get decent starts from Reimer and Sateri, this team will fight for a playoff spot all year. Any injuries to the 5 main guys and I'll concede we're done. Otherwise, we've seen some flashes of brilliance with Malgin and McCann which is promising.
All the core guys are having productive seasons.
Bjusgtad and Ekblad are playing better than most want to give them credit for.
McGinn has been a pleasant surprise and can't understand why we haven't tried McGinn - McCann - Sceviour yet. Maybe we have but I haven't noticed.

I think we should re-sign Sceviour and if we are out of the playoff race come deadline day, we start to call up some other rookies to see what they can do. Mamin, Repo, Hawryluk, Greco etc.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
The 3 point system was designed for teams and fans like us. It keeps that hope alive even though the postseason realistically died in November. How many times do we have to go through this?

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Barkov doesn't do things like knife through the defense like Mackinnon did us last game.

That's what's frustrating about him.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
You do realize he was hired before the expansion draft, which was before our forward depth was gutted.

What is your solution? More minutes to Derek MacKenzie? Would you like to take Barkov off the PK and make it worse? Or maybe the PP and make that worse?

He doesn't have any other options but to play them a lot.

I would give Trocheck the Main Time in the Pk and take Barkov more off the PK. And give Barkov more Time with the PP! Unit and Trocheck less PP with the PP2 Unit.
And if they still play much more Time then anyother in equal PK and PP Time, you will know it comes from 5on5 play and takeing near any PuckDrop no matter which Zone or Line.
What is even more senseless, he always must stay on the Ice, if they lost the Puck Drop or skate off the Ice when they with it what gives you 1 forward less on the Ice while driven the Puck in the O Zone.

So i really beginning to think, this Coach is crazy or out of Ideas.
But as Brokin mention he was happy with the Team to take over and now playing with emotion is the Answer to anything. I think Horacheck was the last one who said that.
His System is still legendary in my memories.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
w35nv.jpg

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Oh brickley.. shoukd be 2-0 that's tough to swallow.. abs aren't even in the game 5 on 5... we should get a couple pp coming up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad