GDT: Panthers @ Avalanche - 12/14/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton

Lose Bjugstad and Petro or Pysyk to the Draft. Don't sign Vrbata. Trade Demers for a 2018 4th or don't retain in a trade.

We also could have exposed Reimer and his 3+ million salary.

There were ways to making it work on a budget and having a forward core of Bark, Smith, Tro, Dad, Hub, March and McCann.

We just chose Tallon's guys> the right moves. It set us back a few years, and if that isn't clear from the on ice product, then I don't know what is.
How do u lose bjugstad and petro or pysyk to the draft? How do u trade demers for a 4th or not retain? Nice imaginary world u live in.. I wanna trade bjugstad for a retained mcdavid

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Yeah, there's no way Bjugstad is a better player at 900K less. Sorry. Smith is really underrated around here.

Top 6 RW who is good defensively, can play both special teams, and with the ability to score 20-25 goals. He's probably going to score 50 points again this season. That will be his third season of 50 points or more. He's much better offensively than Bjugstad. He also manages to stay healthy. All around, much better player, better offensively, no comparison really.
Ok so what if smith reverts back to last years for, and bjugstad keeps improving and gets 40-50 points? These aren't 1 year contracts

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Your boy Suzuki didn't make the cut for Team Canada. Both of them are clearly busts....

d2120260792e077051e0866756610a95.gif
Idiots. Batherson and McLeod over Suzuki:laugh:. They're gonna lose their ass as usual.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
How do u lose bjugstad and petro or pysyk to the draft? How do u trade demers for a 4th or not retain? Nice imaginary world u live in.. I wanna trade bjugstad for a retained mcdavid

A: the same way we lost smith and March to expansion! Give them away!!! For nothing!
B: trade him for a 7th for all I care. Don't take back a 3/4th line tweener at 3.3 (+500K retention).

I'm not living in an imaginary world. It's basic math and comprehension.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
As well as he is doing in college, there is no guarantee Borg will be one.
i mean no one ever truly knows, but i think from the skill that hes shown, and doing that in D1 hockey is nothing to sneeze at. im pretty confident in him, especially if hes facing 3rd line talent and you give him someone to workoff of like dadonov. he needs to get stronger before he really flourishes but im confident he'll hold his own.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Keep in mind, I said “the right deal.” I certainly wouldn’t give him away. The only players I consider untouchable on this team are 11-16-21.
im in the same boat. i by no means would be pushing him out, but i absolutely would trade him if a solid deal were to be made. the only thing is i cant find too many realistic yet good deals to be made. ehlers from the jets but theyre deep on rd, could flip trouba though. marner/nylander in toronto but theyre within the division. pastrnak but i dont see him going anywhere, also in the division. if ottawa were to move on from karlsson stone is intriguing. detroit has pieces like larkin and mantha but they dont have cap space, also divisional. rantanen from colorado. i was thinking a package with boeser in it earlier this year but with how hes playing right now hes probably not going anywhere. thered be more to the deals but those are some players id target in a hypothetical scenario. having yandle signed would make a trade like that easier to swallow.

fantastic goal scorer, will consistently put up give or take 15g and 35pt, but given the contract, his skating, and concussion history, if we could add a legit threat player to play alongside barkov, id listen.

on a separate note....vrbata has played in 26 games...scored in 1 game. ONE GAME. id rather pirri in that spot at this point.

Last edited:

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Trade Demers for a 2018 4th or don't retain in a trade.

This isn't a thing though. No scouts would have taken that contract back unretained . Demers was very bad last year. "There are bad GMs" doesn't apply to unprecedented bad moves. I honestly can't think of a comparably bad move.

Cap space is everything in this league. Any team close to the cap can't risk bad contracts, and almost any team under the cap can't afford big contracts. No chance to move him.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
A: the same way we lost smith and March to expansion! Give them away!!! For nothing!
B: trade him for a 7th for all I care. Don't take back a 3/4th line tweener at 3.3 (+500K retention).

I'm not living in an imaginary world. It's basic math and comprehension.
Guess other teams needs, contract situations etc. don't apply lmao. Very uninformed post

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
2010 again?

Gudbranson was bust in terms of him getting picked that high. He was a miss. He shouldnt have been taken that high, but he has still, and is still, playing games. The fact that he is still playing games doesnt make the pick a fail.

The fact that Gudbranson was traded by another GM doesnt automatically make draft a failure. I am sure MANY looked back at the Dadonov pick as a waste before this year as he didnt play that many games for the team.

****, take a look at the Canadiens drafting history. you can count on one hand how many players actually ended up playing a *respectable* number of games.

Just because you do not get the best player in the draft, which is decided YEARS after a draft has taken place, does not mean you failed at that draft. That is just not how you are supposed to look at drafts. This is not a realistic outlook. The % of players picked that actually stay in the league is extremely low. Players getting traded shouldnt change that.

Hell, GM's MAY know that a goalie is going to be a franchise #1...but they STILL wouldnt spend an early pick, even a 2nd, on them because they wont reap the fruits of that pick till years and years later when they may not even be the GM of said team. That's just the reality of drafting.

Gudbranson was a *MISS*. Many teams miss at a drafting position. But the fact that these players actually play means the GM didnt fail.

Does that mean that every team that didnt draft Lundqvist failed at that draft? Hell no. They just didnt Win the draft.

if you really want to look at whether he failed at that draft, you have to see ALL the picks regardless if they got traded or not. A player not wanting to play for a team can hardly be blamed on the GM. Hell, Ill blame the the organization for being the way it was.

Gudbranson, Bjugstad, Petrovic, Donskoi, Hyman. thats 5 player that have played over 100 games. Brickley is still playing and will likely break that marker. That's 6 players. That is exceeding draft expectations by a WIDE margin.

They’re not busts because they still play games? That has loser mentality written all over it.

So Yakupov isn’t a bust?

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Very uninformed, now take a stab at that garunteed year over year improvement using your own example of Edmonton, as a team "that got it right". And they have the best player in the league now, lol.

We "blew up our team", and they made it to the conference finals, so why do we have the same record? Maybe its not as easy as just that? Maybe. Just maybe, just because they were competitive last year was no garauntee for the next one. Maybe?

Tallon had many options at the expansion draft. Its not crazy to discuss other possibilities.

Reactions: Kid Icarus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->