Confirmed with Link: Panthers acquire Frank Vatrano for 2018 3rd

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Looked good tonight. Good speed, set up in the slot, and didn't seem out of place. Had better chemistry with Huberdeau than Trochek.

Still miss Malgin.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
If Vatrano keeps this up, which I think he will, tough decision to be made with Malgin.

Are we become depth?!
Time to scratch Bjugstad to get Malgin back in, jk.

No idea what you do but I sure did like Vatrano on that second line. Hopefully he makes it a tough decision for Boughner.

Gotta think one of Mamin or McGinn sits for Malgin.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Time to scratch Bjugstad to get Malgin back in, jk.

No idea what you do but I sure did like Vatrano on that second line. Hopefully he makes it a tough decision for Boughner.

Gotta think one of Mamin or McGinn sits for Malgin.

Agree, although I'm not sure if I could sit either of those guys. That 3rd line has been giving us really good minutes.

Reactions: RainingRats

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
So far I see him as a better skating, grittier Pirri. I think Hubs isn't 100% but that line is still getting chances. He's a good complimentary player who I think could go on a Pirri like hot streak with goals.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I find his Game against Boston not so good till disappearing. Not much getting from him last Night. Oh yeah forgot that is top 6 Material. For the same reason we open the Bjugstad Thread.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Huby does look like he is less than 100%.

Dont blame him for not wanting to miss games like last season, but lets hope he is making the right choice.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Oh i saw today for the first Time Vatrano played WC for the US Team. I like that kind of fact also he scored pretty good on it.
You can see also on malgin this kind of Pro Level Match Up where each Game counts help in the development.
Also a funny Sidenote of Tallon placed the team together in the Year Vatrano played for the US Team, that was also one of the youngest US Hockey team in the Year 2015. That means when Tallon sayed we was watching for him a long Time.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Like I said in post #80...........good insurance because of the head games Mascherin is playing. :)

A Swedish Cat

Feb 26, 2018
Frank the Tank for a 3rd. Great deal for both us and Bosten. Shame to let him waste away on their line-up, while he brings speed and depth to our lineup. Happy so far.

Reactions: Haj

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
i am still not sold... i need to watch him closer.. so far i feel like he is easily replaceable... maybe i am nuts :P

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Frankie V with 4 goals and a helper , +4 while averaging just under 13mins a game in 14 games as a Panther.

Reminds me of Malgin's 6 goal, 10 point, 11 mins TOI season last year, he played 7 more games (47 to Vatrano's 39 currently).

I'd like to think both Vatrano and Malgin can be 15-20 goal guys if given enough TOI, 5 on 5 and some PP time.

Seems like a more seasoned Hunt. At 24 years old, he probably gets a 1-2 year deal, been impressed with the sample size so far and a good value trade at the deadline.

@batting1k or @SoupyFIN , would he still be an RFA if he signed a 2 year deal with this being his 3rd pro season?

Reactions: mandolin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad