Confirmed with Link: Panthers acquire Frank Vatrano for 2018 3rd

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
What can we realistically expect though? He hasn't played for over a month and had a small role with Boston before that.

Not that he has to do much to be better than Vrbata.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
What can we realistically expect though? He hasn't played for over a month and had a small role with Boston before that.

Tis a good question. I have no idea what to expect production wise. Hoping for a better skating Pirri

Reactions: Kellyr

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I'm talking short term... how long does it take to come back from high ankle injury and be effective.. any idea?

I couldn't tell you about the timetable for hockey specifically, but I don't expect him to be 100% or even particularly close to it this season if the injury is recent.

Reactions: Kellyr

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
He has the potential to be a pleasant surprise and playing with Hubs and Tro is a fantastic opportunity. With his skating and shot, all he needs to do is work hard, go to the net, and get open, the points should come.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I'm talking short term... how long does it take to come back from high ankle injury and be effective.. any idea?

Hmm. If he isnt rushed, then I dont see why he can't be effective right away. I'd say conditioning will be the issue. If they massage his minutes at 12-14, he should be fine. He likely only plays even strength and spot powerplay time anyway.

He is a definite wildcard though. If he is effective, then I'd say we have a formidable top 9 once Malgin returns.

Dadonov Barkov Bjugstad
Huberdeau Trocheck Malgin
Vatrano McCann Mamin
McGinn MacKenzie Sceviour

I think that should be our playoff line-up and I think thats a formidable team.

Again, assuming Vatrano doesnt shit the bed.

Last edited:

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Why we must scratch someone for Vatrano, sorry i dont like bring in Injured Player right after the Injury.
Wouldn´t it be better to send Malgin and Vatrano for condition stints to Springfield, so that both get back on track. they should be ready for the PO not for the Race.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Why we must scratch someone for Vatrano, sorry i dont like bring in Injured Player right after the Injury.
Wouldn´t it be better to send Malgin and Vatrano for condition stints to Springfield, so that both get back on track. they should be ready for the PO not for the Race.
We're scratching Vrbata who is useless.

Reactions: Boothinator

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

A pirate with a peg leg is better than that Sloth that wears #71

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Had a chat with three pretty big Bruins fans yesterday, friends of mine...

The first one only said one thing: "Injured, injured, injured...", then admitted he liked his speed very much.

The other two though, they had much more praises ! They said he was a good third-liner with upside, loads of speed, looked small but was pretty physical... They liked him, liked his shot, his attitude and his upside. One of them was pretty sad to see him go and said he could should will produce more, ending up being a steal.

Hearing he will play with Huby and Trocheck on Saturday. Can't wait to see the kid play now !

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

I would keep my expectations low and take anything he adds to the team as a bonus.

He's not a game changer level player and just coming off from a frustrating lower body injury.
But atleast he can't be worse than Vrbata? and he could click with a guy like Huberdeau.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
He will scratch anyone in favor of Haley and Mac. This includes Mamin, Sceviour, whomever.

He may like Haley and Mac but he trusts Sceviour. Sceviour is always the guy he moves up when someone isn’t playing well or he wants defense on a line. He also is a good PKer so he’s not going anywhere. Mamin and McGinn are the guys I’d worry about but both of those guys play a game that’s suited for the playoffs so I hope its Haley.

Reactions: Boothinator

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
I would keep my expectations low and take anything he adds to the team as a bonus.

He's not a game changer level player and just coming off from a frustrating lower body injury.
But atleast he can't be worse than Vrbata? and he could click with a guy like Huberdeau.

High-ankle sprain are a pain, even after you've healed 100%, you can struggle mightly !

Like you said, no big expectations but he should contribute with his speed and forecheck IMO.

He can't be worse than 71...

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009

Get rid of Vrbata before sending someone down . This guy is useless like a piece of shit

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Get rid of Vrbata before sending someone down . This guy is useless like a piece of ****

This Kid has play 0 Games in the last 2-3 Month. The last Player we add into a Roster after a mid term Injury, he need 3-5 Games before he was anywhere near 100%. And when i need something more then anything, that every Player play 100%. I don´t say this for Vrbata sake, more for the Team sake.

Serious think about. What helps the Team current a Player who never played a Minute in a Game with the Line, doesnt play a Game in the last 2-3 Month. What can he bring in, to the current Game n Libe Chemistry, beisde from short practices no nothing from the System.
That makes no sense. Near every Player who doesn´t have played Game in a while, get condition stint in an AHL Team. Only to get the feeling back, that is the usual Way.

Its the same like put a Player who never played with the Team on the Ice in a PO Game and hope he doing fine. I could also flip a coin and hope its the right Side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad