Panarin to the Blackhawks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Never even thought about how his first ever goal, which was also his first SOG, came against the King. Not a bad way to start the career.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I'm as excited about Panarin as any Hawks fan, but I think there will be more trials and tests for him to go through before we know what he truly is. Obviously lots of talent, but opposing teams are going to try tactics to get him off his game and we'll have to see how he handles all the pushing and slashing and hitting that's he's going to get.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I'm as excited about Panarin as any Hawks fan, but I think there will be more trials and tests for him to go through before we know what he truly is. Obviously lots of talent, but opposing teams are going to try tactics to get him off his game and we'll have to see how he handles all the pushing and slashing and hitting that's he's going to get.

agreed but last night on two occasions that I remember seeing the rags D did give him an extra hold,push etc and he handled it perfectly, shrugged it off and carried on with the play and in both instances the play continued in our favour.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Panarin looks 10 x better than i thought he would, i'm amazed at what i saw last night. We now have 3 players that can dangle, unreal guys.

No reason we can't win a few more Cups, i feel so fortunate to be a Hawks fan.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
I can't really imagine too many situations where he is moved from the top 6. Only time is Dano being called up, but that would probably just make TT 3c. Good pickup IMO

We've only seen him in one pre-season game and then tonight. He wowed in both. I'd say yes it's highly likely. And it's a good sign that he already is getting PP time too.

Nabbed him, thanks gents. Figuring he will score more than T Pearson (LAK)

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Imagine what he can do when his english gets better, he knows his linemates better and he adjusted to NA/the Hawks.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Panarin seems like he has a really good sense of humor:

@MarkLazerus: Artemi Panarin was asked what his favorite English phrase is. His answer, with a smile: "What the ****."

#Blackhawks

@MarkLazerus: Walked up to Viktor Tikhonov to ask him about being in the lineup. In English of course. Artemi Panarin offered to translate. #Blackhawks

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
The vibe I get from Panarin is that he is really grateful to be apart of this franchise because Stan and the Hawks pushed/pursued him so hard. The Hawks giving him an out showed that they had faith in him as player and that goes a long way. I honestly think he has the potential to be the "new" Sharp. Sharp was given his chance to restart his career with the Hawks and he put his blood, sweat, and tears into paying this franchise back. I also get that vibe from TT.

This franchise does a great job of supporting their players and that is a major reason why player want to play here. Another example would be Stan and Scotty sitting down with Nick Leddy and walking him through why they believed in him and what he needed to do to succeed in the NHL. I know all teams do this but I think the Hawks go the extra mile to make the organization a place where players know this is home. Other players have talked about this in the past and I think it worth mentioning again.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Panarin seems like he has a really good sense of humor:

@MarkLazerus: Artemi Panarin was asked what his favorite English phrase is. His answer, with a smile: "What the ****."

#Blackhawks

@MarkLazerus: Walked up to Viktor Tikhonov to ask him about being in the lineup. In English of course. Artemi Panarin offered to translate. #Blackhawks

Great stuff. Like TT, Panarin's sense of humor serves him well. These guys are bringing fresh air (vitality) and a heaping dose of skill to the team.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
The vibe I get from Panarin is that he is really grateful to be apart of this franchise because Stan and the Hawks pushed/pursued him so hard. The Hawks giving him an out showed that they had faith in him as player and that goes a long way. I honestly think he has the potential to be the "new" Sharp. Sharp was given his chance to restart his career with the Hawks and he put his blood, sweat, and tears into paying this franchise back. I also get that vibe from TT.

This franchise does a great job of supporting their players and that is a major reason why player want to play here. Another example would be Stan and Scotty sitting down with Nick Leddy and walking him through why they believed in him and what he needed to do to succeed in the NHL. I know all teams do this but I think the Hawks go the extra mile to make the organization a place where players know this is home. Other players have talked about this in the past and I think it worth mentioning again.

Agree BK very good post, some of you may recall when Mario was selected by Pens, Foley mentioned that he was moaning and groaning but realized he had to man up and stick it out, iv'e aslo heard of that happening from time to time where a player was traded to a particular team and said they were very disappointed where they were traded to but you don't hear about that with this team presently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad