Panarin Thread II (wins Calder)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
So Hawk fans are choosing Hawk to win an award ,, Shocking

I wonder how many of them realize him winning Calder would be bad for next years cap

Not many but they are not far off in picking him.

I still think if Eichel and Panarin are close in point, Jack Eichel will win because of the age (not saying he deserves it).

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
hahahah remember like 3 games in when the main board thought Eichel was already better than McDavid? Man, good stuff, good stuff.

But that's slightly off-topic. I agree Eichel will need to pick his game up, but I also don't think points will mean the complete difference. I doubt Panarin will stay PPG, and I'm sure Eichel will pick it up, and I think they will not only factor Eichel's age in, but the fact that Panarin gets to play alongside Kane and AA, which gives him quite the advantage.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I just think people don't understand how good McDavid is. Eichel is really, really, good but McDavid is on another level. He has significant Hall of Fame potential.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
But that's slightly off-topic. I agree Eichel will need to pick his game up, but I also don't think points will mean the complete difference. I doubt Panarin will stay PPG, and I'm sure Eichel will pick it up, and I think they will not only factor Eichel's age in, but the fact that Panarin gets to play alongside Kane and AA, which gives him quite the advantage.

I agree with this.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
He's 24. Voters know it and will take it into account against 18 year olds. That Parayko kid on STL gets my vote at this point, but Im not counting McDavid out.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Can mcdavid win it playing forty games?

McDavid could win it playing ten (more) games. Voters will be keeping an eye on PPG stats. If McDavid has, let's say, a 1.5PPG ratio after playing 25 NHL games, he'll take the Calder.

But it'd be a challenge for a skilled player (think Kane, Crosby, Ovie) to score at that high of an average, let alone a rookie coming off a serious injury. Still, it's possible.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Can mcdavid win it playing forty games?

Unless McDavid's surgically repaired collar bone takes significantly longer to heal than it took for Kane and Zucker, who had the same injury and surgery, McDavid will miss only about 21 games (which is what Kane and Zucker missed). Therefore McDavid will play around 60 games this season. I wouldn't bet against McDavid outscoring all other rookies playing only 60 games. In fact if he plays at better than 1 point per game for the 50 or so games he'll play after returning, he probably won't have to be the top rookie scorer to win the Calder because it will be obvious to everyone that he is the top rookie.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
It will take a combination Bickell's money plus some luck with the cap going up.

Very true. Hoping beyond belief that we can fit him, but the expectation going into this deal should've been that Panarin was going to be a Hawk for two years before he got a huge contract somewhere else. If we can fit him in for another deal after this, Stan's officially a wizard.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I think it's worth it to take the possible expansion into the consideration when it comes to what moves will be made with the cap in 2 years. Plenty of factors like if it's the same player saving choices of the last time will come up. Do you save certain players and is it possible you can save some cap say if Crawford or Hossa are let to get swooped(The decision on Hossa's cap holderover situation would affect if you let him loose)

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
There is literally zero shot The Breadman wins the Calder. He doesn't have the name recognition. He could beat McDavid, Eichel and Domi in points and it wouldn't matter.

People will say he's on the better team, which he is. Then they'll say he's playing with Kane, which he is. It just won't happen. He may end up deserving it, he may not, but he's not going to win it. Lets just enjoy watching the young man in the Indian Head.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
There is literally zero shot The Breadman wins the Calder. He doesn't have the name recognition. He could beat McDavid, Eichel and Domi in points and it wouldn't matter.

People will say he's on the better team, which he is. Then they'll say he's playing with Kane, which he is. It just won't happen. He may end up deserving it, he may not, but he's not going to win it. Lets just enjoy watching the young man in the Indian Head.

Zero shot? No.

Regardless of what the probability is, for the good of the team (cap wiggle room), let's hope he doesn't win it. And let's hope he values playing for the Hawks more than Saad did.

massivegoonery

Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
So Hawk fans are choosing Hawk to win an award ,, Shocking

I wonder how many of them realize him winning Calder would be bad for next years cap

The CBA doesn't allow for individually-negotiated "B" bonuses for winning the Calder, so this shouldn't be a concern. The big worry, in my mind, is if he ends up top ten in scoring, goals, assists or points/game.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I don't see why he shouldn't win it if he can keep up his production.

Easier for him to get some Assists while he is having a cold streak. Easier for him than for a guy on the Sabres, Yotes or Oilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad