Panarin Thread II (wins Calder)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I said Panarin would be a 60-70 point player this summer and that was a ridiculous homerish prediction here on Hawks HF. Pay more attention to NHLe, please, in the future.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
The sooner Panarin realizes that what has worked in lesser leagues won't necessarily work in the NHL, the better. His talent is obvious, but needs to simplify his game and work on getting the puck to the net.... and quit looking for Kane any time they are on the ice together. He has gone something like 11 games without scoring. Hawks need more from him.

He's got ten assists. How much more are you expecting?

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
He's got ten assists. How much more are you expecting?

For those who love their stats: .36585 goals per game = 30 goals in a 82 game season.

I think he'll get there but he needs to reduce the fancy dan stuff that is entertaining for fans but accomplishes less than he is capable of. I'm hoping that playing with Toews will help him seek simplicity and a north/south mentality to his game.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
For those who love their stats: .36585 goals per game = 30 goals in a 82 game season.

I think he'll get there but he needs to reduce the fancy dan stuff that is entertaining for fans but accomplishes less than he is capable of. I'm hoping that playing with Toews will help him seek simplicity and a north/south mentality to his game.

The league (and the Hawks) have plenty of simple, North/South guys. His flash is good for the game and he team

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
He's got a 5.7 sh% right now, that is likely a couple percent lower than it will be in April. I don't want him to be neutered as far as his offensive creativity. He'll learn like Kane did that he needs to become less predictable. And part of that is simplifying his game. The fact he has come in and put up almost a ppg and is in the midst of living in an entirely different country without knowing the language etc, I've been very impressed with his transition. He'll be fine imo.

Geoist

May 1, 2015
For me, Panarin with the puck is like Schwarber up to bat. You gotta drop whatever else you're doing and see if any magic happens. Granted, he has lacked in goals so far, but he creates plays (sometimes out of nothing), hence the 12 assists.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
I expect his finishing to improve but at his current pace he bags 12 goals for the season, a 5.9 shooting percentage.

And his shooting percentage won't remain that low. He's getting plenty of chances, but had some unfortunate bounces (a few posts and even a goal taken away). He's had some breakaways that he wasn't able to bury either.

Panarin's creativity is a huge part of what makes him so good. He still creates plenty of offense even when he's not scoring. He's already done plenty for the Hawks, and there's no way he only ends up with 12 goals.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
And his shooting percentage won't remain that low. He's getting plenty of chances, but had some unfortunate bounces (a few posts and even a goal taken away). He's had some breakaways that he wasn't able to bury either.

Panarin's creativity is a huge part of what makes him so good. He still creates plenty of offense even when he's not scoring. He's already done plenty for the Hawks, and there's no way he only ends up with 12 goals.

This

And i think we have not seen anything yet.

loppa*

How many points will he get this season? Will he get 82 / a point per game?

loppa*

I think he'll slow down with the wear and tear of a full a NHL season, and don't think he'll get 82. 60-70 would be my guess.

No I don't even care about the answer, I just posted it on purpose so that I would expose that the other topic as a repeat topic opened out of sheer lack of interest to look at the discussions which take place / have taken place on here. :P XD

Though back to the question as it is on here currently... I dunno, I think 70-90 is possible. Tarasenko had in the 70s last season... I think Panarin can match that.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
How can anybody not like what Panarin is doing and thinking it should Change.... He's fun to watch, he is producing and the tanglibles are there.

He has a serious run for the Calder - which would be good somehow, but bad for the Salary Cap.

Panarin is the real deal and his Vision and creativity is great. We got a Top6 Player for free.

perth blasters

Jun 4, 2015
Perth
The sooner Panarin realizes that what has worked in lesser leagues won't necessarily work in the NHL, the better. His talent is obvious, but needs to simplify his game and work on getting the puck to the net.... and quit looking for Kane any time they are on the ice together. He has gone something like 11 games without scoring. Hawks need more from him.

?

An assist -is- scoring. I had this coach -a long time ago ... he said something interesting ... and assist is as good as a goal.

I have never once seen how this isn't true. It is, after all, a team sport.

There's nothing wrong with 72's game - he's done everything they could have asked for -probably a lot more.

Last edited:

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
He's got a 5.7 sh% right now, that is likely a couple percent lower than it will be in April. I don't want him to be neutered as far as his offensive creativity. He'll learn like Kane did that he needs to become less predictable. And part of that is simplifying his game. The fact he has come in and put up almost a ppg and is in the midst of living in an entirely different country without knowing the language etc, I've been very impressed with his transition. He'll be fine imo.

That's the Panarin I want to see. 2 lovely goals to get the Hawks rolling! Good things happen when you shoot the puck. Great game by Kaner, obviously. They both need to play that way against other teams in the West, especially in the Central.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs

+infinity

We're seeing Panarin-NHL v1.0. Wait 'til v2.0. I don't think it'll take too long. Kid seems like a hockey sponge. He has the skills. He has the drive. Greatness awaits. The Breadman cometh.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
+infinity

We're seeing Panarin-NHL v1.0. Wait 'til v2.0. I don't think it'll take too long. Kid seems like a hockey sponge. He has the skills. He has the drive. Greatness awaits. The Breadman cometh.

Yep!

Did you guys see the poll at Hawks site? bottom right on page titled.... "Who will win the Calder Trophy as rookie of the year"

Panera by wide margin.... http://blackhawks.nhl.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1