Value of: Package values of Habs, Rangers and Kings

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
That's adorable. As soon as those prospects are drafted and the second they play another season those projections will be re-evaluated and downgraded. It's the nature of the shiny new toy syndrome wearing off.

And Lafreniere is? Has he shown anything that warrants some of the absurd "35-35-70 rookie year" comments from the press? It's time to start looking at Lafreniere as the player his, and not what can he be. He is no longer a prospect of unlimited potential who maybe will rival McDavid, Matthews or step into the NHL and be an effective NHL player. He is so far a failure who obviously would've been better served being in a league where he could contribute regularly, unlike Eichel, who contributed on a bad team immediately as an 18 year old.
Rookie season...

Brady Tkachuk....22
Eichel.....24
Kk at 18.....11 g and 34 points

Laffy projected 81.....10 and 20 points

Plus kind of suspicious that he wouldn't play for the World Juniors.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
"As good as Eichel"? He is at a .94 PPG pace for his career, cracking 80 points once. *Several* of the players in the OP project to that level.

Eichel is now in the 6th year of his career. Its time to start looking at the player he is, and not what he can be. He is no longer a prospect of unlimited potential who maybe will rival McDavid, which was the debate 5 years ago.

Kind of agree on this. The guy should take the team on his shoulders, not a 2 goal nothing......and considering the outrageous price the Sabres want, KEEP HIM.

respect the D

Jan 27, 2013
strange thing with Eichel is nobody knows exactly what he would do on a good team... that being said I don't think any team mentioned makes those trades. Emptying a team for Eichel, even if he does well would be a lateral move if not worst.

Reactions: bernmeister

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
That's adorable. As soon as those prospects are drafted and the second they play another season those projections will be re-evaluated and downgraded. It's the nature of the shiny new toy syndrome wearing off.

And Lafreniere is? Has he shown anything that warrants some of the absurd "35-35-70 rookie year" comments from the press? It's time to start looking at Lafreniere as the player his, and not what can he be. He is no longer a prospect of unlimited potential who maybe will rival McDavid, Matthews or step into the NHL and be an effective NHL player. He is so far a failure who obviously would've been better served being in a league where he could contribute regularly, unlike Eichel, who contributed on a bad team immediately as an 18 year old.
It’s kind of like comparing apples to oranges. In jacks first year he was given plenty of ice time and PP time on a bad squad. LaF while not playing great admittedly, is relighted to a 3rd line role behind panarin and kreider with no PP time on a team looking to squeak into the playoffs while being the youngest team in the league. Just happens that the rangers are deep with talent on LW.
Add in the whole covid factor with shortened season and camp and it’s just a mess for a lot of teams. I think LaF will have a very good sophomore year. He def should have played at worlds though. 11 months with no hockey will make you lazy.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
strange thing with Eichel is nobody knows exactly what he would do on a good team... that being said I don't think any team mentioned makes those trades. Emptying a team for Eichel, even if he does well would be a lateral move if not worst.
I really thought he would have a great year with Hall but they haven’t meshed well at all. Hall has been a huge disappointment and jacks now injured. Buffalo needs to acquire some legit wingers to play with this guy and make the team competitive or the jig is up. He’s going to want a trade as sure as I’m sitting here. I don’t think they can afford to wait until Quinn is ready. This is going to be a really big offseason for the Sabres. A lot of questions need to be answered

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad