Rumor: Pacioretty on the move?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Blues should not trade Thomas at all unless it's in a package for a guaranteed top 6 C with term. Thomas is the ONLY top 6 projected center in the Blues system.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Bergevin has no idea wtf hes doing

He traded subban bcuz he didnt get along with therrien and patches.
Now they both will be gone along with subban
Lol

Montreal have too many wingers and two BIG holes at C. Pacioretty is an excellent hockey player but you gotta give to receive. Let's wait and see what he gets in return then we can judge him.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
If this is true, which is a big If, then the offer must be substantial for the Habs to be willing to deal him so far away from the deadline.

I would think... but it's Bergevin so substantial to us may not be very substantial at all...

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Actually, "attend" in French in the verb for "expect"... I can't speak for what was said on the air but that translation is not that "he's going to be moved" It's that "he's expected to be moved"

You're right. I have updated the OP.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Bergevin has no idea wtf hes doing

He traded subban bcuz he didnt get along with therrien and patches.
Now they both will be gone along with subban
Lol

Not only this, but if they lose/trade Pacioretty too, then that's minus Radulov, Pacioretty, Subban, Sergachev, and Markov in such a short window. That's a contenders core right there just let go, and not for a good return (Some for no return). Not only that but then he lets all of those players go/trades them away and then signs Carey Price to an absurd contract and goes on a rampage where he just acquires 3rd/4th liners

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Blues should not trade Thomas at all unless it's in a package for a guaranteed top 6 C with term. Thomas is the ONLY top 6 projected center in the Blues system.

As a Blues fans I'd be pissed as well is Thomas is moved. He's a nice piece to have but so is Pacioretty.

If this is true, which is a big If, then the offer must be substantial for the Habs to be willing to deal him so far away from the deadline.

I would think... but it's Bergevin so substantial to us may not be very substantial at all...

Well, if Thomas (big if) is on the table then it makes sense to make the move now. You don't want DA to change his mind. You pull the trigger now.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
I like really Pacioretty but if I'm St Louis, I would not trade Kyrou.... the kid looks legit....

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Rumours like this never seem to turn out to be true. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I am guessing to St. Louis.

MTL
Thomas
2020 1st rd pick

STL
Pacioretty
2018 2nd rd Pick

Montreal keeps their 2nd rounder and St. Louis adds a 3rd this year.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Not only this, but if they lose/trade Pacioretty too, then that's minus Radulov, Pacioretty, Subban, Sergachev, and Markov in such a short window. That's a contenders core right there just let go, and not for a good return (Some for no return). Not only that but then he lets all of those players go/trades them away and then signs Carey Price to an absurd contract and goes on a rampage where he just acquires 3rd/4th liners

Come on. Markov and Radulov walked. Subban got us another #1 D in Weber and Sergachev got us Drouin. It's not like Bergevin gave these players away.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

Habs would not be able to keep them all anyway

Price 10.5 million
Pacioretty 11 million
Pk Subban 9 million
Radulov 7 million
Weber 7.6 million
Sergachev 10 million

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
Exactly Lavoie even said that Bergevin does not not when and if Pacioretty going to be traded. But in the same time wanted to add some mustard by saying Pacioretty would not be surprise to be traded in the upcoming days. Nothing set in stone.

Thomas to MTL would be a dream. Hard to know if STL could be willing to trade him.

Kyrou, Fabbri are others interesting names.

Fabbri is a very good player but he is injured. Will he return 100%? He is intriguing, Young, can plays center.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
ur guessing horribly wrong.

I guess we'll find out soon enough. At this point of the season, it didn't make sense for Bergevin to fly out and watch a 3rd round pick play live. That's absurd and a big waste of time, especially when your team already played himself out of the playoff and you're about to sell.

Was he there to scout Thomas or Bitten? With all the rumors of Pacioretty to St-Louis and St-Louis being aggressive for a top 6 scorer, its only adding fuel to the (already big) fire. What are the odds that with all the rumors, MB scouting a junior game live where a top C prospect (exactly what Montreal needs) and a couple days later said player is reported to be on the move in the next couple of days?

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016

Price 10.5 million
Pacioretty 11 million
Pk Subban 9 million
Radulov 7 million
Weber 7.6 million
Sergachev 10 million
in what world does Pacs makes 11M?? And how exactly do u see Sergs alrdy making 10M after his elc? Ever heard of Bridge contracts, plus I doubt he ever makes that much.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I guess we'll find out soon enough. At this point of the season, it didn't make sense for Bergevin to fly out and watch a 3rd round pick play live. That's absurd and a big waste of time, especially when your team already played himself out of the playoff and you're about to sell.

Was he there to scout Thomas or Bitten? With all the rumors of Pacioretty to St-Louis and St-Louis being aggressive for a top 6 scorer, its only adding fuel to the (already big) fire. What are the odds that with all the rumors, MB scouting a junior game live where a top C prospect (exactly what Montreal needs) and a couple days later said player is reported to be on the move in the next couple of days?
If pacs is getting so far away from the deadline (1 full month or so), its for a lot more than Thomas. It has to be an offer that convinced Berge that he wont get any offers better.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
As a Blues fans I'd be pissed as well is Thomas is moved. He's a nice piece to have but so is Pacioretty.

Well, if Thomas (big if) is on the table then it makes sense to make the move now. You don't want DA to change his mind. You pull the trigger now.

Agreed. Although, the Habs have to hit a home run with this trade. They absolutely have to, especially after losing their last two big trades.

Price 10.5 million
Pacioretty 11 million
Pk Subban 9 million
Radulov 7 million
Weber 7.6 million
Sergachev 10 million

11 million for Pacioretty? I feel bad for the team who pays him anywhere close to that. There's no way he gets that. Id say 8-9m would be a lot closer.

Also, Sergachev would not come anywhere close to 10 million if he were still in Montreal. Maybe on his 2nd contract, but he would not come anywhere close to that coming out of an ELC in Montreal.

Edit: Legend beat me to it.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
The french dude said pacs camp is expecting to be traded not told. I speak french. And thats what was said and what i understood.

Il s'attend = He expects

If Pacmans camp is saying this, gotta be a reason.
Next few days is pretty specific time frame ...

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
Lavoie is one of the most trusted sources . . . no way he says that live without knowing Pacioretty is actually going to be traded.

Reactions: Baksfamous112

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Agreed. Although, the Habs have to hit a home run with this trade. They absolutely have to, especially after losing their last two big trades.

11 million for Pacioretty? I feel bad for the team who pays him anywhere close to that. There's no way he gets that. If say 8-9m.

Also, Sergachev would not come anywhere close to 10 million if he were still in Montreal. Maybe on his 2nd contract, but he would not come anywhere close to that coming out of an ELC in Montreal.

Yeah Pacman will get 11 million .....Austin Matthews is a goona set the new bar .....

and yes, if Sergachev keeps racking up points wins some hardware this year or next...yes, next contract he will be 10 million per year ..... Karlsson and Doughty will set the new bar...heck PK Subban got over 9 million a year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad