Rumor: Pacioretty on the move?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
St. Louis would make sense. He's a hell of a player and getting him for 2 runs at 4.5M is great value. Needs a change of scenery.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Montreal fans have proposed at least 3 trades each time trying to get Vilardi and a 1st as a part of a trade for patches

True but you've never heard of LA names in the rumors but real insiders so I doubt you have anything to worry about.

St. Louis would make sense. He's a hell of a player and getting him for 2 runs at 4.5M is great value. Needs a change of scenery.

I think he's going to land in St-Louis. They get him for 2 playoff runs and have a very good chance of resigning him with the team they have. Now, let's see if Bergevin can pull a rabbit and get us Thomas.

Shocked it's happening so soon. He better not be in the lineup if it's the case.

That would be the smart thing to do. Let's see what happens tomorrow.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
San Jose needs a 4th liner. In all seriousness, I wouldn't mind San Jose acquiring him for the stretch run here

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
Translation:

During the # LavoieDube broadcast on Monday, Renaud Lavoie said that "the Pacioretty clan expects him to be moved in the coming days".

In 49 games this season, the 29-year-old American has 31 points, including 16 goals.

He is currently in the fifth year of a six-year contract that brings in $ 4.5 million per season.

Last edited:

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Translation:

During the # LavoieDube broadcast on Monday, Renaud Lavoie said that "the Pacioretty clan expects him to be moved in the coming days".

In 49 games this season, the 29-year-old American has 31 points, including 16 goals.
He is currently in the fifth year of a six-year contract that brings in $ 4.5 million per season.

Fixed it for you. Google translate really sucks.

CuriousGeorge

Jun 8, 2007
According to Renaud Lavoie, Pacioretty’s agent was told that his client will be moved in the next couple of days.

Article (in french): «Le clan Pacioretty s'attend à ce qu'il parte» - TVA Sports

Where do you guys think he is heading?

**Marc Bergevin was spotted at a Hamilton Bulldogs game a couple days ago. Some think it was to scout Thomas while others think it was to see Bitten's progression.
Can he be moved to my house? I want to talk to him everyday about his hockey life.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
TRANSLATION:

The record of captain Max Pacioretty of the Montreal Canadiens is much talked about in these days.

During the # LavoieDube broadcast on Monday, Renaud Lavoie said that "the Pacioretty clan expects it to leave in the coming days".

All the details with Renaud Lavoie and Dany Dubé in the video above.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Basically his camp saying they expect to leave in the coming days....

Could be posturing, could be him indirectly asking for trade...

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Montreal fans have proposed at least 3 trades each time trying to get Vilardi and a 1st as a part of a trade for patches

We're getting peppered for Thomas with the same stuff. I'm going to lose my mind if Thomas is traded and Kyrou doesn't play center at the next level.

I honestly think Fabbri is our main trade piece we're shopping. Just not sure who is willing to bite based on injuries.

Patches is a great player but imo we cannot afford to trade Thomas given our lack of drafting true centers.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
I am guessing to St. Louis.

MTL
Thomas
2020 1st rd pick

STL
Pacioretty
2018 2nd rd Pick

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
btw ur thread is misleading. His camp was NOT told he would be moving, well at least to what is said in that link. Rather, the Pacs camp expects MTL to trade him in the coming days. So, pretty much, nothing set in stone. Just paving the path for the trade.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Wouldn't mind him to Dallas for the right price, but I don't see it happening. Could be a bidding war going on between a couple of teams. I think he's headed to STL

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
We're getting peppered for Thomas with the same stuff. I'm going to lose my mind if Thomas is traded and Kyrou doesn't play center at the next level.

I honestly think Fabbri is our main trade piece we're shopping. Just not sure who is willing to bite based on injuries.

Patches is a great player but imo we cannot afford to trade Thomas given our lack of drafting true centers.

I understand most Blues fans does not want to trade Thomas and for good reasons. However, Pacioretty have been linked to St-Louis (at least here in Montreal) for a month or two now and with MB personally scouting Thomas (or Bitten?) only add fuel to the fire.

TRANSLATION:

The record of captain Max Pacioretty of the Montreal Canadiens is much talked about in these days.

During the # LavoieDube broadcast on Monday, Renaud Lavoie said that "the Pacioretty clan expects it to leave in the coming days".

All the details with Renaud Lavoie and Dany Dubé in the video above.

That's a bad translation from Google. I updated the OP so you can read what it really means in French. Pacioretty's clan been told he's getting moved in the next couple of days.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
btw ur thread is misleading. His camp was NOT told he would be moving, well at least to what is said in that link. Rather, the Pacs camp expects MTL to trade him in the coming days. So, pretty much, nothing set in stone. Just paving the path for the trade.

Yes, they did. You understand French? Watch the video, starting at 6:15. It's pretty clear what Lavoie said.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I understand most Blues fans does not want to trade Thomas and for good reasons. However, Pacioretty have been linked to St-Louis (at least here in Montreal) for a month or two now and with MB personally scouting Thomas (or Bitten?) only add fuel to the fire.

That's a bad translation from Google. I updated the OP so you can read what it really means in French. Pacioretty's clan been told he's getting moved in the next couple of days.

He should be a healthy scratch tomorrow night if this is the case...Last thing Habs need is Pacman to get injured and be out like Weber and Shaw...6 to 8 weeks

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Actually, "attend" in French in the verb for "expect"... I can't speak for what was said on the air but that translation is not that "he's going to be moved" It's that "he's expected to be moved"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad