Rumor: Pacioretty on the move?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
According to Renaud Lavoie, Pacioretty’s agent was told that his client will be moved in the next couple of days.

Article (in french): «Le clan Pacioretty s'attend à ce qu'il parte» - TVA Sports

Where do you guys think he is heading?

TRANSLATION:

The record of captain Max Pacioretty of the Montreal Canadiens is much talked about in these days.

During the # LavoieDube broadcast on Monday, Renaud Lavoie said that "the Pacioretty clan expect him to be moved in the coming days".

In 49 games this season, the 29-year-old American has 31 points, including 16 goals.
He is currently in the fifth year of a six-year contract that brings in $ 4.5 million per season.

All the details with Renaud Lavoie and Dany Dubé in the video above.

**Marc Bergevin was spotted at a Hamilton Bulldogs game a couple days ago. Some think it was to scout Thomas while others think it was to see Bitten's progression.

Last edited:

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Probably a team loading up for the playoffs but that could be anybody right now. Tampa Bay? Boston? Toronto? etc etc.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
And...so...it...be...gins...

I guess so. Blues fans who don't want to trade away Thomas aren't going to sleep well the next couple of days. Insiders saying DA is aggressive for a top 6 forward right now and MB scouting Robert Thomas/Will Bitten this weekend will only put more fuel on the fire.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Probably a team loading up for the playoffs but that could be anybody right now. Tampa Bay? Boston? Toronto? etc etc.

Maybe Tampa Bay. Nashville & St-Louis are definitely in the mix as well. Who else could be targeting a guy like Pacioretty?

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013
Well...Bitten is already Habs property, but yeah - hard to see Bergevin not doing a Pacioretty-for-Thomas deal if Armstrong is willing. STL would get 2 playoff runs with MaxPac.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram

Despite the playoff choker label and him not being that good this year Patches is still great value as a complimentary sniper to any contender who already have a solid core and good playmaking center.

Only make 4.5m , still signed for next year and no doubt that he need a change of scenery so he could vertainly find his groove again on a team where he's not the main focus for scoring.

People shit on Pacioretty a lot (inckuding me because he does deserve it sometimes) but i have zero doubts that quite a few teams are interested if he is indeed on the market.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Despite the playoff choker label and him not being that good this year Patches is still great value as a complimentary sniper to any contender who already have a solid core and good playmaking center.

Only make 4.5m , still signed for next year and no doubt that he need a change of scenery so he could vertainly find his groove again on a team where he's not the main focus for scoring.

People **** on Pacioretty a lot (inckuding me because he does deserve it sometimes) but i have zero doubts that quite a few teams are interested if he is indeed on the market.

He got that playoff choker label but I don't think it's deserved. in 2014 (I think) when Vanek was in Montreal, he had a GWG against Tampa Bay to close the series and two GWG against Boston in R2 of the playoff. He also had like 11 points in 16 games that year.

He had a bad playoff last year but that doesn't make a playoff choker.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Nothing here folks. He's being sent down to the Rockets. I mean if the Habs cant make it, at least they can still make it! Berge will then tell us I brought you guys playff hockey and ANYTHING just anything can happen!

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Nothing here folks. He's being sent down to the Rockets. I mean if the Habs cant make it, at least they can still make it! Berge will then tell us I brought you guys playff hockey and ANYTHING just anything can happen!

The rockets are 11 points out of a playoff spot. I doubt they make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad