Rumor: Pacioretty on the move?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Well I even lowered my asking price so if that's the case, we have not base for a deal. We are miles apart.
I don't mind if poile pays the price. Most pred fans would be good with losing fabbro+++ but you mention tolvanen and it shuts down there. You get a blue chip defensive prospect in fabbro, Aberg, 2018 1st and 2019 2nd that turns into a 1st if we win the cup

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I don't mind if poile pays the price. Most pred fans would be good with losing fabbro+++ but you mention tolvanen and it shuts down there. You get a blue chip defensive prospect in fabbro, Aberg, 2018 1st and 2019 2nd that turns into a 1st if we win the cup

Anything else besides Aberg on the farm?

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

How about Fabbro, Harper, 2018 1st and (cond) 2019 1st.

Condition: Preds makes at least 1 SCF and 2 playoff appearence - 17/18 and 18/19). Otherwise it turns into a 2nd and 5th

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California

That is too much for MaxPac. Maybe Fabbro and a 2nd rounder and a 3rd rounder.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

That's not getting Patch. I wish you luck with finding another LW to help you on your cup run.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You miss the point that is our entire future(short term) so we would need a piece Younger for all three of those pieces.

I understand but your not getting Patch for cheap. You are also banking on Tolvanen being a superstar. It's possible but we don't know yet. He is 5'-10", 170 lbs and doing very well in the KHL. However, it's early yet. Preds trading him for Patch is just as risky as the Habs trading Patch for him and other futures.

And I don't agree he is your entire future. He is a solid top prospect a year after he has been drafted. Hard to say how good he will be and how long he will take to make the NHL.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
That's not getting Patch. I wish you luck with finding another LW to help you on your cup run.
Oh no, they'll have to settle for one of the other several top 9 wingers available in order to round out their already extremely deep and well rounded team instead of paying the Habs fans' fantasy prices. What a crushing blow that would be for the Preds...

Reactions: Pongs21 and MSSLYNX

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Jones had a whopping 29 games started at the time of the trade he had promise but I wouldn't call him proven. He was held in high regard though. Colin Miller was also involved in that trade, I don't think he was much of anything to the Kings at the time, though.

29 games and his stats were very good! So good that the Bruins were able to flip him to the Sharks for another 1st round pick. Habs have Lindgren and he has played 11 NHL games so far on a much team that is not as good and he has very comparable stats. I said he would get a late 1st or early 3rd and people flipped out. Go figure eh. Everything the Habs have is always devalued until we don't have them anymore.

Bruins got a 13th pick and Jones (flipped for a 30th pick) for one year of Lucic. You want to give me a 10-15 range pick and a proven prospect like Jones for Patch, and we might have a deal. However, we are not even considering that Patch has this playoffs and another full year. The major difference is one playoff run and that is key. So I don't believe the Habs are being that unresonable with our asking price. Patch is a legit 30+ NHL goal scorer and is likely going to do very well with a legit top 2 center.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Oh no, they'll have to settle for one of the other several top 9 wingers available in order to round out their already extremely deep and well rounded team instead of paying the Habs fans' fantasy prices. What a crushing blow that would be for the Preds...

I was being sincere but sure... If you think you can get a player like Patch for cheaper. All the power too you man. It's free to dream

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Surely Nashville can get one of Nash, E. Kane, Pacioretty, Nyqvist, Zuccarello, Grabner, Tatar, Vanek or Leivo to play on their third line without giving up Tolvanen.

I'd be comfortable paying up to Fabbro + 1st, but we're not moving Tolvanen, or at least we shouldn't.

Surely? Ok, according to your standards I guess. Fabbro and a 1st is not going to cut it. Sorry. Try flipping that to the Sabres for Kane. Might work.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
judging by the posts of Montreal fans in this thread, you appear to be spot on

Sorry for wanting good assets back for our best winger & captain.

Since you want us to accomodate you so bad, we’ll « virtually » accept your Fabbro + 1st. Now that is settle and you’re happy, you can go on with your life and go poison another thread

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Sorry for wanting good assets back for our best winger & captain.

Since you want us to accomodate you so bad, we’ll « virtually » accept your Fabbro + 1st. Now that is settle and you’re happy, you can go on with your life and go poison another thread
all I'm saying is that Fabbro+Aberg+1st+2nd is a damn good offer. Please provide precedence that says Pacioretty is worth more than that. You can keep him, that's fine, Montreal isn't forced to trade him. But if you do trade him, I would caution that you probably should not expect to get more than that Pred fan's offer. I am not a Predators fan by the way. Sorry for "poisoning" your thread by injecting a bit of reality.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
all I'm saying is that Fabbro+Aberg+1st+2nd is a damn good offer. Please provide precedence that says Pacioretty is worth more than that. You can keep him, that's fine, Montreal isn't forced to trade him. But if you do trade him, I would caution that you probably should not expect to get more than that Pred fan's offer. I am not a Predators fan by the way. Sorry for "poisoning" your thread by injecting a bit of reality.

Fabbro is a RHD. We already have Weber, Petry & Juulsen. We have no one at C and/or LHD except Mete (which I presume we going to add another one in June).

We’re talking about team needs and ours need a young C with potential. It’s nothing against Fabbro but RHD is not a need for us

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
Ignore him. I'd take Fabbro, Aberg, 1st and 2nd if its the best deal.

Reactions: KirkOut
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad