Series Talk: (P3) San Jose Sharks vs. (M2) Pittsburgh Penguins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
Canes fan reporting in

We're all counting on you. Rutherford left our team in shambles. He must be defeated.

I believe in the beards!

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Sharks are a better team than Tampa. I don't see the Penguins stomping the hell out of the us in shots like they did to Tampa for about 3 of those games. I don't expect too many games where the shots will be 28-10 in favor of them after 2 periods.

The only game I remember the shots being so firmly in favor of the opponent all playoffs long was game 6 against Nashville. I guess game 2 against Nashville was another one also, but I still don't think that was nearly as bad as what Pittsburgh did to Tampa in 3 of these games.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Everyone keeps bringing up Tierney and Dillon/Polak vs. HBK, well we just played a team whose leading scorer was on the third line and it didn't matter. That group has done just fine thus far, and we roll all four lines and six D anyway so we'll get all kinds of different matchups.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Everyone keeps bringing up Tierney and Dillon/Polak vs. HBK, well we just played a team whose leading scorer was on the third line and it didn't matter. That group has done just fine thus far, and we roll all four lines and six D anyway so we'll get all kinds of different matchups.

Tierney had a really strong series vs. the Blues after having some issues in the other two series.

The other thing is that Hagelin, Kessel, and Bonino all have reputations as being streaky players. Here is hoping their flames are snuffed!

Sharksfan83

Jul 27, 2010
Hertl - Thornton - Pavelski
Nieto - Couture - Donskoi
Marleau - Tierney - Ward
Karlsson - Spaling - Zubrus - Wingels

That's how I'd run against the Pens I think. If Nieto is back.

GodHatesTheSharks

Nov 20, 2010
No disrespect to Zubrus, he has played pretty decent and has stepped up, but we're going to need Nieto to match up with Pittsburgh's speed up front, IMO. I hope he's ready to play.

Powinkle

Mar 25, 2016
Chico
Honestly, after last game, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a LOT of vintage Marleau in this series. Let's go Sharks!

sharks_dynasty

Oct 25, 2006
San Jose, CA
PDB in his interview on NHL Tonight discussed that San Jose dealt with speed when it played against Nashville and go a degree against the skill players of St Louis. He said the Sharks can play either style and limit the opponents chances.

I like his confidence.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Boy, imagine if we had gotten a solid RHD on our bottom pair, I would be feeling so much more confident about this series. Still think we're going to win, but Polak and Dillon are going to be absolutely eaten alive out there by whoever they draw.

I think Marleau will head back to the 3rd line, and I am really hoping we see some vintage Marleau in this round. After all, he's always good for one round where he goes berserk, right? Now would be a great time for him to do it.

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Boy, imagine if we had gotten a solid RHD on our bottom pair, I would be feeling so much more confident about this series. Still think we're going to win, but Polak and Dillon are going to be absolutely eaten alive out there by whoever they draw.

I think Marleau will head back to the 3rd line, and I am really hoping we see some vintage Marleau in this round. After all, he's always good for one round where he goes berserk, right? Now would be a great time for him to do it.
Polak is a solid 3rd pair dman. He and Dillon aren't the most compatible pair but each are fine 3rd pair guys.

hockeyfan55

Nov 24, 2009
These guys have been consistently dominated by everybody they play against.

They were fine against LA and fine in mutliple games against NSH and STL. Everyteams 3rd pair will get hemmed in on line mismatches. Problem is that Pittsburgh 3rd line will always be a mismatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad