Series Talk: (P3) San Jose Sharks vs. (M2) Pittsburgh Penguins

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerdybeard

Oct 1, 2011
Oakland, CA
Leaving for Pittsburgh early tomorrow morning for a family wedding and will be there a week... wish me luck! My dad is a die hard Pens fan. Maybe I'll try and sneak some tickets if I come up on a small fortune.

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
Battle of the teams with animals and hockey sticks in front of triangular backgrounds.

jwhitesj

Oct 9, 2006
Downtown San Jose
Reposting from GDT:

Pittsburgh's team speed and top end talent are pretty scary. Their defense isn't nearly as good as some of the teams in the west but I don't think the Sharks have faced a team as talented offensively as what the Pens showed tonight.

swflyers93

Nov 19, 2007
Norristown, PA
From a Flyers fan, please demolish the Pens!!!!!!!!

th

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Well, Tampa was without their top scorer and their top goaltender

Vasilevsky has been solid. I don't think anyone can blame him or say that Bishop would have been that much better. Stamkos could have made a difference but that SOG difference is ridiculous.

I actually think we can neutralize their top 2 lines but the 3rd line could give us some matchup issues. We ran into issues against St. Louis with the Brouwer line. Pitt's 3rd line is even better.

ZG313

Feb 20, 2016
NorCal
LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

We split the season series with Pittsburgh.
3-1 win on Nov. 21
5-1 loss on Dec. 1

Should be a great series!

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
just remember this same pittsburg team struggled possession wise against washington and new york. they were outchanced in both series and outshot. though they did have more high danger chances against new york.

im not saying its a predictor of anything, only that it happened and your fears of this team shouldnt be based on this tampa series alone.

They have a lot of speed though. sheary/rust/kessel/hagelin are all speed demons and rust looks like he has some finish to him as well.

the tierney line will struggle mightily imo, and deboer may move marleau down at some point. i hope tht doesnt happen but it def could.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Vasilevsky has been solid. I don't think anyone can blame him or say that Bishop would have been that much better. Stamkos could have made a difference but that SOG difference is ridiculous.

I actually think we can neutralize their top 2 lines but the 3rd line could give us some matchup issues. We ran into issues against St. Louis with the Brouwer line. Pitt's 3rd line is even better.

Actually Vas and his rebounds were a big reason for the shot difference. He did a bad job of controlling the game and that led to a ton of unnecessary zone time.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Wanted Tampa Bay but... love the idea of having to go through the Penguins to win. I think the games are going to be insanely fast and fun.

From my literally one viewing of the Bolts/Pens series, seems to me like Penguins defense is fairly poor but they just out-possessed the Bolts with their better forwards. Still, when the Bolts got into the zone, Pittsburgh was having some issues getting them out of there.

I've read these boards for a long time and have only actively been posting recently. My first series prediction (Sharks in 6 against the Blues) turned out right... I'll keep my streak going with the same prediction - Sharks in 6 vs. Pens!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad