Series Talk: (P3) San Jose Sharks vs. (M2) Pittsburgh Penguins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarkington III

Rebuild? Refresh?
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
I agree that if the Sharks can manage to find their B+, A- or A game for the remainder of the series, we are going to have one heck of a finish.

Couple that with the possibility the Pens throw up a stinker or even mediocre effort and good things can happen.

2 games in a row seems a lot more manageable than 3 in a row. Win at home and I certainly like the chances in a Game 7.

At the beginning of the season, or even the beginning of the playoffs, if you would have asked me if I would take the Sharks needing to win two games in a row against Pittsburgh, with the first game being at home, in order to win the Stanley Cup, I would have taken that and run with it.

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009
At the beginning of the season, or even the beginning of the playoffs, if you would have asked me if I would take the Sharks needing to win two games in a row against Pittsburgh, with the first game being at home, in order to win the Stanley Cup, I would have taken that and run with it.

God yes. This is the greatest season ever for the Sharks. I hope it ends with JT & PM lifting the cup. Actually, how cool would that be? Pavs lifts the cup, hands it to Joe, and Joe/Patty both lift it together?

Even if they lose Sunday, it's been a great season.

Last edited:

hockeey

Oct 28, 2014
CA
Maybe the sharks should keep their game plan. If NHL 16 has taught anything, it's that the penguins strategy won't work. More than doubling shots on goal and leading in time on attack probably gives the penguins roughly a 20% chance to win each remaining game.

EmergencyExit

Aug 9, 2011
Toronto
Maybe the sharks should keep their game plan. If NHL 16 has taught anything, it's that the penguins strategy won't work. More than doubling shots on goal and leading in time on attack probably gives the penguins roughly a 20% chance to win each remaining game.

Lmfao. NHL 16 is where you can out corsi the hell out of your opponent, only for them to score off a perfect cross crease pass in your zone. Repeat x3.

EmergencyExit

Aug 9, 2011
Toronto
I'm okay with winning the series like that. It will make so many heads explode.

For the sake of our hearts I'd like a blowout victory. We gotta be due.

lsx

Oct 19, 2010
Sonoma County, CA
Finally a goalie who can, and does, steal games...didn't get to watch game 5, had to listen to it on the radio, but the highlights were amazing. Unfortunately my yearly worry that somehow the Sharks make it to the cup finals and I'm on my annual June camping trip have come true and I'm going to be away from civilization for a week during game 6 and hopefully a game 7. :cry::cry:

Shark Finn

∀dministrator
Jan 5, 2012
Herwood
Luck is all the Sharks have. Pens are all skill. Malkin intended to deflect that off of Braun. Jones can't keep that kind of play up. Pens are outshooting and outplaying the Sharks. Sharks should've had more penalties. San Jose ice sucks. The beards are a disgrace. Pens can do no wrong, the apparent opinion by NBC. Two day breaks suck, it's advantageous to the Sharks.

Ahem. Glad we ruined the party. Let's do it twice more.

But honestly, I was preparing myself for a loss after Game 4 (shhhh..) but getting another home game for the fans in SJ is amazing. Enjoy it whoever is going there. Here's hoping for a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille