Series Talk: (P3) San Jose Sharks vs. (M2) Pittsburgh Penguins

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwhitesj

Oct 9, 2006
Downtown San Jose
Wanted Tampa Bay but... love the idea of having to go through the Penguins to win. I think the games are going to be insanely fast and fun.

From my literally one viewing of the Bolts/Pens series, seems to me like Penguins defense is fairly poor but they just out-possessed the Bolts with their better forwards. Still, when the Bolts got into the zone, Pittsburgh was having some issues getting them out of there.

I've read these boards for a long time and have only actively been posting recently. My first series prediction (Sharks in 6 against the Blues) turned out right... I'll keep my streak going with the same prediction - Sharks in 6 vs. Pens!

I'm glad you started posting. Your post are pretty good and you seem to have a god eye for the game.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I'm scared. Pittsburgh's defensive depth doesn't scare me at all, but their forwards sure as hell do.

I know I picked the Penguins to make quick work of the Sharks for the pool, but believe me, I want those four wins just like the rest of you. My teams are 0-for my sports life.

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
Pens in 4 because, well...

5598000.jpg

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
The Sharks just need to wear out the Pens top guys. I think that's been an underrated aspect of this run. They are punishing the other teams top players physically instead of running around trying to hit everyone.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
So say the Sharks need to spread out their talent to match up with the Pens. How would you do it? The simple solution would be to switch Ward and Marleau and have Marleau try to anchor the 3rd line against the HBK line but I'm not sure Marleau can carry a line at this stage of his career especially if it's with Tierney and Karlsson. I'd like Marleau and Ward to both be on the 3rd line but that would mean Karlsson or Nieto would jump into the top 6.

The thought of Dillon-Polak having to play against one of the Crosby,Malkin, or Kessel lines is scary.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
So say the Sharks need to spread out their talent to match up with the Pens. How would you do it? The simple solution would be to switch Ward and Marleau and have Marleau try to anchor the 3rd line against the HBK line but I'm not sure Marleau can carry a line at this stage of his career especially if it's with Tierney and Karlsson. I'd like Marleau and Ward to both be on the 3rd line but that would mean Karlsson or Nieto would jump into the top 6.

The thought of Dillon-Polak having to play against one of the Crosby,Malkin, or Kessel lines is scary.

It'll happen. Just like the Sharks big lines against Ian Cole and Justin Schultz. Or against Maata and Lovejoy.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

I'm terrified of that too but honestly, you have to keep Marleau in the top-6. Not only is he just a lot better there, but I was decently impressed with Tierney last series. Hopefully he can keep it up.

Do we have any info on Nieto's injury? Replacing Karlsson with him on that third line should help, if he's healthy.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I'm glad you started posting. Your post are pretty good and you seem to have a god eye for the game.

Thank you, sir! I bow to some of the crazy details people pick up on this board (I used to come here purely to read what SJEasy used to say about things.. hope that guy's okay, wherever he is) -- but it's been fun to post. Particularly this year!

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
We're Sharks fans. So we should expect a swift exit. The Pens are a really good team. I would literally eat a shoe if the Sharks ended up winning.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Am I right in saying that aside from maybe the Kessel line, the Penguins generally have great centermen and not particularly good wingers? I'm scared of Malkin and Crosby, but their wingers... Pavelski, Hertl, Donskoi and Marleau they are not...

ChrisKuuuunitz

4 time champ
Jan 14, 2015
there
I'll b honest, haven't watched mutch Sharks games, but the Pens are relentless this year, and every forward is very capable of scoring a goal. Crosby and Geno fighting for their legacies. Murray has been a rock.

Also with home ice advantage, if you guys beat us this year you will surely deserve it.

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
You know, you could've PM'd one of us in order to give the impression that you're not incompetent. ;)

Never knew that existed. Sweet for the grinders and youngins.

Nice down payment on a studio on the East side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad