Owen Sound Attack 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
Massive save by Guzda on the 3-on-2 caused by Bourque's giveaway, just a couple minutes after we took the 3-2 lead. This is exactly the type of timely save that we have been lacking so far this season...those key saves to preserve a lead or a tie later on in the game.

I hope the boys rally around Guzda. He's doing his best out there.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
Honestly I was pretty impressed with most aspects of the game tonight with Suzuki out. But the usual a bad timed penalty and a bit of a weak goal sink the ship.

I was thinking the same thing, Until the blown lead.

Scored enough to win. Guzda wasn't terrible. 3/4 of the goals in the 1st 60 he allowed though, probably wishes he had back.

Terrible penalties. Out done in the faceoff department...

We got out coached in the 3rd period again though

Reactions: Bear in the Woods

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
That does it for me .. sell the farm or sell ur assets it needs decided by this week

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
I feel for Guzda. Kid played a great game overall. 38 stops including some terrific, timely saves. Even the Rags' broadcasters praised him for a huge save to preserve the tie when the game was tied at 4, and said he should figure into the 3 stars (he did not). Goal #3 I'm sure he'd love to have back. First goal was off a broken play down low, second was on the PP (PK unit failed to take away the passing lanes...this is simply Penalty Kill 101 and we failed on that one), fourth goal looked a lot like it was deflected off of Friend's stick. He was giving it his all out there...16 years old and he looked to me like the was the player who wanted to win the most.

How do you blow a 4-2 lead in the third period, two games in a row, against the same team?? And against the team you're chasing for the division lead. I have no words. This team just doesn't have it the way it stands now. Either make a coaching change or else sell off the players who won't be back next year and the ones we don't want back next year. I can't believe I just wrote that about this team.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
I feel for Guzda. Kid played a great game overall. 38 stops including some terrific, timely saves. Even the Rags' broadcasters praised him for a huge save to preserve the tie when the game was tied at 4, and said he should figure into the 3 stars (he did not). Goal #3 I'm sure he'd love to have back. First goal was off a broken play down low, second was on the PP (PK unit failed to take away the passing lanes...this is simply Penalty Kill 101 and we failed on that one), fourth goal looked a lot like it was deflected off of Friend's stick. He was giving it his all out there...16 years old and he looked to me like the was the player who wanted to win the most.

How do you blow a 4-2 lead in the third period, two games in a row, against the same team?? And against the team you're chasing for the division lead. I have no words. This team just doesn't have it the way it stands now. Either make a coaching change or else sell off the players who won't be back next year and the ones we don't want back next year. I can't believe I just wrote that about this team.

Mack Guzda will be all the better for this experience down the road.

It's become obvious DeGray has no plans to bring in an experienced goalie, at least not before it's too late to matter, anyway.

Guzda is getting chances to play he might never have got behind Michael.

I don't think the coach should juggle these two tho.

I'd make Guzda the #1, win or lose and let him see a ton of rubber this year. It will advance his development a lot.

I'm disappointed for all the veteran guys who honestly believed the Attack were serious about putting a winner on the ice this year.

I don'taccept excuses about injured or absent players. It's the hockey ops job to build a team by filling needs.

Other teams have done it. Look at the run Erie just had, four years.

Windsors dominance, and managing to build a Memorial Cup winner last year , and after they had been neutered by the league.

London , every dam year

I guess it just stings to finally realize that the Attack is, was and will be a middle of pack team, with a blip up periodically .

I hope the team has the fortitude to cash out while they can, and scrutinize every deal to ensure they get fair market value.

I'm fully expecting more of the same tomorrow. Not because this team isn't trying, or wanting to win .

They're riding a rudderless ship

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
And the drop in the standings has begun. Were sitting at #4 at the start of the week...now down to #6.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
We've got Guelph and Flint over the next 3 games.

Anything less than 2-1 is not acceptable.

Hell 0-3 could see us on the outside looking in.

I can't remember when exactly but starting possibly sometime next week, guys like Gadj, Zuke and possibly Durzi could be gone to world junior camp. Also factor in Sush and Lazer playing for their respective countries. This could get ugly and quick and I mean uglier than it already is.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
We've got Guelph and Flint over the next 3 games.

Anything less than 2-1 is not acceptable.

Hell 0-3 could see us on the outside looking in.

I can't remember when exactly but starting possibly sometime next week, guys like Gadj, Zuke and possibly Durzi could be gone to world junior camp. Also factor in Sush and Lazer playing for their respective countries. This could get ugly and quick and I mean uglier than it already is.

You mean uglier than an ugly Christmas sweater?

Reactions: SebJHockey

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Team reaching the halfway point of the season and continues to stumble backwards in the standings.

Certainly starting to bring question marks out in the open this year on so many key points.

First off the same 2 players continue to be thorns in the team's side night in and night out by taking unnecessary penalies at major points of games when the team finally gets a litle momentum and looks like they will take steps forward they take big steps back by sitting in the penaly box.

The other major points that have been very very open has been disappointing this far into the season has been our defensive side of the puck of late as it seems to been absent of late in key points when it needs to be there.

As the second half of the season soon approaches fast the big questions that continue to stumble upon is has the team peaked already in the year? or has decisions failed to yield production as we all hoped for with what was returning?

Along with the simple fact that impatience has possibility finally caught up with the team this year to try and make a deep run without accepting the simple question that Gill is no,nor will he ever be McGill version 2.0 as we all hoped he would be and that growing pains of putting a different system of coaching over and old style club is and will probably take 1-2 seasons before it finally clicks again

Last edited:
Reactions: SebJHockey

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Dale DeGray was standing in front of us at ice level last night. He had a ring side seat to the goals scored at our end. If that never opened his eyes the Attack are in bigger trouble than presently thought at this time. Both these squads have their issues but weak goal tending is hanging out there like ripe fruit. Trouble is this issue is well known and can only drive up prices for any available tenders. The Attack win this game for sure with better goaltending. Hard to win with a 16 year old in net. I thought the Attack made an adjustment after the first and came out hitting and playing more aggressive and it effected the Rangers game plan.

Last edited:
Reactions: Noofgoof

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Attack add LW Daniel Verity from Saginaw.

Likely to fill the hole from Hancock LW ( hand) and possibly Roberts LW , whose been out since injury again Rangers Wednesday.

That left the Attack with one veteran LW in Jonah Gadjovich.

Verity 19 yr. Import.

Reactions: three dog night

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Attack add LW Daniel Verity from Saginaw.

Likely to fill the hole from Hancock LW ( hand) and possibly Roberts LW , whose been out since injury again Rangers Wednesday.

That left the Attack with one veteran LW in Jonah Gadjovich.

Verity 19 yr. Import.

Vertiy is not an import,was taken by in the 2nd round of the OHL priority draft when selected
He moved to Canada in his draft year.

Reactions: BrunoDaBear
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad