Owen Sound Attack 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Battalion fan here, not expecting much of a report but what's the word on king? Reliable bottom pair or a liability?

King came in last season when Friend was out quite a while with injury.
I thought he played very well as a rookie.
Plays a simple game, chips pucks out, good speed , fairly big and durable.

I think he'd start off as a bottom pairing, he has age on his side.

For a 15th Rd pick , he's more than worth a try.
The Attack were high on him when he was drafted.

He never played much this season, not sure why .

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
Worth noting. Mcniven with the Brampton Beasts has appeared in 3 games giving up 14 goals which is a tie for the most goals allowed by a goalie in the league currently with a 4.59 GAA (42nd overall ) and an .864 (42nd overall)save percantage with 2 regulation Losses and 1 ot loss. Not exactly the start he was looking for in the pros. Maybe theres still hope OS could get him back? Although his numbers dont seem good it also a fairly small sample size and very early in the season. But something to ponder for sure

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Worth noting. Mcniven with the Brampton Beasts has appeared in 3 games giving up 14 goals which is a tie for the most goals allowed by a goalie in the league currently with a 4.59 GAA (42nd overall ) and an .864 (42nd overall)save percantage with 2 regulation Losses and 1 ot loss. Not exactly the start he was looking for in the pros. Maybe theres still hope OS could get him back? Although his numbers dont seem good it also a fairly small sample size and very early in the season. But something to ponder for sure
hes has 4.59 parsons has 4.33 and .889 I would love to see both back and duel it out again for best goalie in the CHL

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
I kinda had a feeling it was games played but im curious what it turns into should he reach x amount of games or what not.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
I kinda had a feeling it was games played but im curious what it turns into should he reach x amount of games or what not.

As a longtime fan of the league I try and keep track of the deals that are made throughout the league to see what gets moved around in players and picks.

When it comes down to conditional picks unless you're getting a MacDavid type player back where points would be factored in to the kid's production with the team and en-route your success, most of the time conditional picks are used as favored typed deals when kids are either on really deep teams depth chart and not getting ice time.

In this case a 15th round pick conditional pick is more likely thrown into the deal if Lyle suits up for X number of games and usually its somewhere around 10-15 games the kid plays before the pick would change rounds in most of the time they become mid-round picks somewhere between 7-10th round selections.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
For those wondering how Nick is doing in NB.

He has a goal tonight, Almost had 2. Rang one of the Iron.

Has an assist now as well

Playing on both the PP and PK and hasn't looked out of place.

Last edited:
Reactions: Noofgoof

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
For those wondering how Nick is doing in NB.

He has a goal tonight, Almost had 2. Rang one of the Iron.

Has an assist now as well

Playing on both the PP and PK and hasn't looked out of place.

Never undertstood why he was traded over Beamish. Lots of work to get him here last year but never given an opportunity this year. Very glad to see him doing well. He's a steal for a 15th rd pick.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Attack fans, was wondering what's the chances of palmu coming back as an O/A ?... thanx in advance

If there was any chance of Palmu returning this year Dale would've passed on his pick in the Import draft in June. Unfortunately Filiyayev didn't show enough to sign him to a card in training camp this past August and elected to return back to Europe.

If there was any chance of Dale bringing in a decent Import beyond Sushko in any form I believe that he would've jumped on it by now.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Can you think of any 19yr old import who may become available at dead line...maybe a 40 goal scorer...

Hard to say if there's anyone around the league that wouldn't cost a kings ransom at deadline time in the way of imports. If Dale thought he could make a deal for one I think he would've already done the deal for one by now.

Mostly I don't think Dale is interested in paying big for a quality import at this time and I don't blame him with the way the deals are being made in the league for quality players this year the price tag is huge and the team is in a position where the team can continue to climb the standings with the players we have on the club as it is right now.

The big question that would be more worrisome would be net-minding at the moment Guzda is the teams up and coming McNiven type for the future but Bowman is inconsistent in net as an OA tender unfortunately I'm not sure where the team would find an upgrade in net that wouldn't cost a big price tag

4 Bobby ORR

Nov 26, 2008
South Detroit
Hard to say if there's anyone around the league that wouldn't cost a kings ransom at deadline time in the way of imports. If Dale thought he could make a deal for one I think he would've already done the deal for one by now.

Mostly I don't think Dale is interested in paying big for a quality import at this time and I don't blame him with the way the deals are being made in the league for quality players this year the price tag is huge and the team is in a position where the team can continue to climb the standings with the players we have on the club as it is right now.

The big question that would be more worrisome would be net-minding at the moment Guzda is the teams up and coming McNiven type for the future but Bowman is inconsistent in net as an OA tender unfortunately I'm not sure where the team would find an upgrade in net that wouldn't cost a big price tag

A top goaltender will cost. You have to pay to play.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
A top goaltender will cost. You have to pay to play.

Well need a tender more then an import and team has picks far enough in the future for a quality tender hopefully for now and next year Bowman is an okay guy but he's no game changer as an OA in this league and once he's gone Guzda will have only a season under his belt in the league.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
What's Gadjovich status ?

Nice win by the Attack. I thought Bowman played well. Lyle was steady, I think he was a good add by DD.

Sean Durzi. 12th round pick!

I am not sure Sherwood and Brown were worth bulking up with. Neither impressed me much in that game.

So Szypula. I love ya buddy but you have to start making something happen. You make cute passes to no one in the offensive zone all the time . Your forechecking and back check are great but we need you to provide some offense.

Dudas is Palmu v2.0. Love that kid. How fast did he get that snap shot off his stick on his 2nd.

Can't wait for Sunday and my daughters first game of the year. She's pumped

Last edited:
Reactions: Millpond

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
Never undertstood why he was traded over Beamish. Lots of work to get him here last year but never given an opportunity this year. Very glad to see him doing well. He's a steal for a 15th rd pick.

I can't understand why he wasn't kept over Beamish or Cameron.

Cameron is much slower, about 4 inches and 20 pounds smaller and has 2 more points then King in 21 more games played. What has he done to earn more ice time and a consistant shift over King?Or Beamish for that matter lol. I'm not ripping Cole either. Just think if you are a 98 born player, you better be playing and producing better than younger players.

Ah well, what's done is done I suppose.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
I can't understand why he wasn't kept over Beamish or Cameron.

Cameron is much slower, about 4 inches and 20 pounds smaller and has 2 more points then King in 21 more games played. What has he done to earn more ice time and a consistant shift over King?Or Beamish for that matter lol. I'm not ripping Cole either. Just think if you are a 98 born player, you better be playing and producing better than younger players.

Ah well, what's done is done I suppose.

Maybe King was the only guy they wanted on what was offered ?

Once Bourque gets healthy , we got a rock solid top five .

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
Nice come from behind win. That's a good character builder. Bowman looked good again. Durzi with another. Lyle with his first as an Attacker ties the game. Let's make in a weekend sweep today boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad