Owen Sound Attack 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Good start to the weekend with victories over the Rags and Battalion.

From what I saw from Lyle last night he may not be Sean Durzi like but good to see him get a goal from the point when the team needed it to get ahead of N.Bay on the scoreboard.

Bowman had probably his best performance all season limiting g the Troops to only 2 tallies all night and shutting the door 5 on 5.

Spits will be a bigger test again today. Wouldn't be shocked to see DiPietro start for Windsor instead of Bier in net for them. Last time the Attack had a gift given to them from Letowski when they came to the Bayshore.

Let's see if the team can sweep the weekend at home and put much needed breathing room between us and the Spits for tops in the conference

HLLYWD99

Mar 8, 2011
Amherstburg
There is no excusing Bowmans play anymore this kid just don't have it, he is a sieve!

DeGrey better start scouring North America for a goalie!

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I have been watching the OS broadcasts for a number of years now and find it very good quality except for today - whats up with the camera guys/gals? I think half the game we never saw the puck, had to be a least 3 goals the camera was not on the play? Had to wait until a replay to get a shot usually another angle. Like I said I like to watch games from the Bayshore but this is one of the worst games I followed this year and I do watch a lot of them.

Reactions: Noofgoof

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Made the trip from Windsor to Owen sound today. Thanks for the hospitality. you guys have a damn good team, you know that when the biggest issue is what 5,6,7 defenceman they traded lol. assuming Windsor bows out early I'll. e cheating you guys on

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
At this point if im Degray Im calling Montreal and saying if you return Mcniven We will pay for half of his salary his first year he plays in the show!

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
Before we dump on Bowman consider that the Spits went 3 for 4 on the PP and none of those goals Bowman could have got. The only soft goal was the 4th goal. The stats for him Sunday were not pleasant but he got hung out by guys taking dumb penalties and the PK being terrible. I am not saying we don't need an upgrade but I think Bowman had a pretty good weekend and didn't get much help yesterday.

Time for Gill to work his Kingston connection to flip Bowman and extras for Helvig...

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
I have been watching the OS broadcasts for a number of years now and find it very good quality except for today - whats up with the camera guys/gals? I think half the game we never saw the puck, had to be a least 3 goals the camera was not on the play? Had to wait until a replay to get a shot usually another angle. Like I said I like to watch games from the Bayshore but this is one of the worst games I followed this year and I do watch a lot of them.

They are all unpaid volunteers. Suspect a new camera operator was in place.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
The City of Owen Sound has designated another 40 parking spots as reserved. This in addition to the 100 odd spots they designated last year.

In order to use these spots for "Attack games and other events", one must purchase a yearly parking pass from the city.

If they want the parking revenue, charge everyone 4 or 5 bucks to park. And use that revenue to pave the north lot, which is a mud bog spring and fall.

And offer an alternative to on site parking, like city bus shuttles to Heritage Mall, Galaxy Mall etc .

Currently there are no city buses that run to the Bayshore on game nights .
I'm not even sure if the iscitybusservice Saturday nights.

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
It's getting very obvious that this team is missing the leadership and production from Palmu, James, Centorame and McNiven. The top line needs to be all intact for scoring goals and controlling the play in both ends of the ice this year, wow do they need Gadjovich back! Coach Gill tried Sushko and then Lyszcarczyk on that line this weekend (for 3 weeks now) and neither looked very good there. Where is the secondary scoring coming from, the team needs more from Szypula, Struthers, Campbell, Lyszcarczyk and Sushko with all of the ice time they are getting. Dudas looks to be playing a solid, consistent game, he just may need one more year of growth to be that second line centerman that can carry the line. As for the defence, when Bourque is back from his "lower body" injury, he will solidify a solid top 6 with the recent addition of Lyle. It is concerning watching the play of Friend this year, he is no way a top pairing Dman on this team. Reduce his minutes to reduce his puck possession and possibly limit his mistakes. To finish my post, I will say, "DD find a way to bring back the pillar of success for this team moving forward this season -- Michael McNiven". Just a few thoughts...

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
What about this trade idea?

To North Bay; C- Struthers 99 / RW- Szypula 97
To; Owen Sound; C- McKenzie 97 / RW- Brazeau 98

My thinking here is, North Bay will gain 1 year of service with Struthers being a 99 (draft eligible), so any difference in scoring stats may then off set each other. This deal would give the Attack the second line Centerman as an OA in McKenzie who has put up good numbers in the past. Along with good size and a scoring touch added on the RW of that second line with Brazeau.

Possible line up;

Gadjovich 98 Hancock 98 Suzuki 99
Sushko 99 McKenzie 97 Brazeau 98
Lyscczarczyk 98 Dudas 00 Campbell 98
Roberts 99 Russell 01 Groulx 00

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
We will take it lol

What about this trade idea?

To North Bay; C- Struthers 99 / RW- Szypula 97
To; Owen Sound; C- McKenzie 97 / RW- Brazeau 98

My thinking here is, North Bay will gain 1 year of service with Struthers being a 99 (draft eligible), so any difference in scoring stats may then off set each other. This deal would give the Attack the second line Centerman as an OA in McKenzie who has put up good numbers in the past. Along with good size and a scoring touch added on the RW of that second line with Brazeau.

Possible line up;

Gadjovich 98 Hancock 98 Suzuki 99
Sushko 99 McKenzie 97 Brazeau 98
Lyscczarczyk 98 Dudas 00 Campbell 98
Roberts 99 Russell 01 Groulx 00

Reactions: Millpond

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
I see Kingston just added G Bonello from Saginaw, for goaltending 'depth'.

Maybe the Attack have made an offer for Helvig ?

Reactions: SebJHockey

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario

Rogers tv what can I say it's hard watching the live camera feed on the video board some days but volunteers what can I say

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Made the trip from Windsor to Owen sound today. Thanks for the hospitality. you guys have a damn good team, you know that when the biggest issue is what 5,6,7 defenceman they traded lol. assuming Windsor bows out early I'll. e cheating you guys on

thats called a full send, check the weather forecast.

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
Well when I suggested Helvig a few days ago it was merely a guess based on his career numbers/ playoff experience.. it would be kinda neat if it comes true id be 2 for 2 as I also suggested the Lyle to os deal. I still think theres a slim shot at Mcniven coming back but I wont hold my breath.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Rumors floating around that Attack could be making a deal with Fronts for possible tender once again still just rumor no guarantee that any deal would be made.

Side note Attack don't have much to deal in the way of picks for next year's draft that teams are asking for in deals this year which are usually starting pieces to deals these days it seems so that may force DD to swap more then just a goalie but future assets to get a quality tender.

Not 100% positive on whether or not the accuracy if a deal will be made anytime soon, although i do have to think if the price is fair then a tender is what the team is truly missing to make any shot at a deep run in the conference.

Let the trade guessing begin???

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
Interesting enough Helvig is a guy with lots of playoff experience according to his stats..in his career he is 2.79 with a 8.95 sv% and appeared in 19 games... Depietro which Windsor would rightfully so ask for a kings ransome has a 2.78 with a 9.04 sv % and appeared in ten playoff games. The stats however do not include his mem cup stats (as far as I know)for whatever reason the ohl site fails to include them. Between the 2 goalies there is not a ton of difference stats wise although Helvig is much older and in his last season in the league.

Some more stats
Regular season games
Helvig holds a 2.80 GAA and a 9.07 Sv% appearing in 111 regular season games with a 55 and 36 record(not including ot games)

Depietro has a 2.36 GAA and a 9.18 sv% appearing in 95 games with a 55 and 24 record also not including ot games

My info is off of the OHL site

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
Noticed on the Brampton Beast ECHL website that they now have 3 goaltenders on their roster. They added veteran G- Marcus Hogberg / 6'5' - 209 lbs - 1994
Could this be a sign of something big happening for the Attack?
Wishful thinking!

4 Bobby ORR

Nov 26, 2008
South Detroit
Interesting enough Helvig is a guy with lots of playoff experience according to his stats..in his career he is 2.79 with a 8.95 sv% and appeared in 19 games... Depietro which Windsor would rightfully so ask for a kings ransome has a 2.78 with a 9.04 sv % and appeared in ten playoff games. The stats however do not include his mem cup stats (as far as I know)for whatever reason the ohl site fails to include them. Between the 2 goalies there is not a ton of difference stats wise although Helvig is much older and in his last season in the league.

Some more stats
Regular season games
Helvig holds a 2.80 GAA and a 9.07 Sv% appearing in 111 regular season games with a 55 and 36 record(not including ot games)

Depietro has a 2.36 GAA and a 9.18 sv% appearing in 95 games with a 55 and 24 record also not including ot games

My info is off of the OHL site
DiPietro stats for the Memorial Cup were 2.00 G.A.A. and a .932 SAV%.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Noticed on the Brampton Beast ECHL website that they now have 3 goaltenders on their roster. They added veteran G- Marcus Hogberg / 6'5' - 209 lbs - 1994
Wishful thinking!

I don't know if I'd read much into this regarding McNiven. He's started 4 games, Hoberg 3 and Dagastino 1.
The Beast have one win in 8 tries.

Hoberg is property of the Sens.
DAGASTINO played 25 games for the Beast last year, has been there 3 seasons and has their only win this year.

Michael is the youngest of the and his numbers are close to Hoberg.

Of course if the Habs decide he will benefit from another year in junior, I'm all for it !!

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
To see 3 goalies with Brampton now, thinking that they wanted Michael to be there to get a lot of playing time just makes me think there might be something more to this. He needs to PLAY not sit on the bench or maybe in the stands with 3 goalies there now. Also wonder why they would have a goalie from another organization there?

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Wishful thinking!

If so Dale won't have wasted his time on Bowman he would've kept Daniels around until he knew that Nivey was coming back to the league.

The longer and longer Dale waits to address the tending problems the deeper in the standings will be by the Xmas break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad