Ovechkin shows why he is # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oil_slick9416*

Pens1566 should be in the HFHOF...he should get some kind of medal for that.

Til the End of Time

May 18, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Visit site
Jaded-Fan said:
The kid is not just getting it from AO supporters . . . have we forgotten:

....... over-rated, over-rated, over-rated, over-rated ............. Paaaah-reee-seee!

Everybody sing . . .

Note: Puhhhh-reee-see is now tied with Ric Jackman in points by the way. Sid the Kid is tied (with 6 others) for third in the league in scoring. AO is also behind Crosby:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/stati...06&seasontype=2

Do you ever stop?

Nihilism

May 2, 2003
Canada
I notice the fool who started this and all other Ovechkin's supporters have stopped posting in this thread after the Crapitals have been handed their asses by Atlanta the last 2 nights.

Oil_slick9416*

Nihilism said:
I notice the fool who started this and all other Ovechkin's supporters have stopped posting in this thread after the Crapitals have been handed their asses by Atlanta the last 2 nights.

they better get use to that....alot more night like that coming up

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
If both ovechkin and crosby live up to the hype this will be just like the wayne v mario debates that have gone on for 10 yrs. Both are great young players who play different styles. hopefully this becomes a great rivalry down the road.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Jaded-Fan said:
The kid is not just getting it from AO supporters . . . have we forgotten:

....... over-rated, over-rated, over-rated, over-rated ............. Paaaah-reee-seee!

Everybody sing . . .

Note: Puhhhh-reee-see is now tied with Ric Jackman in points by the way. Sid the Kid is tied (with 6 others) for third in the league in scoring. AO is also behind Crosby:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/stati...06&seasontype=2
Hrmmmm so how many wins does Crosby and the pens have? You can take a Marcel Dionne we will be happy with Yzerman.

Last edited:

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
Nihilism said:

not only is that classless....its juvenile and lacking any originality at all

your parents must be proud

KariyaIsGod*

Chirp, chirp....

Quickest release in the league?

#1 prospect?

What happened to the Ovechkin fanboys singing his praises now...

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Nihilism said:

Yeah but it's a real pain in the *** watching such a waste of talent. Ovechkin is ready to play with guys like Jagr and Forsberg ...

this really sucks for him

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
DrMoses said:
Chirp, chirp....

Quickest release in the league?

#1 prospect?

What happened to the Ovechkin fanboys singing his praises now...
Let Ovechkin play with Pittsburgh and Crosby play with Washington and I'm sure you will see a difference. Ovechkin has crap to play with and has been hte focus of every teams top shutdown pair every night. For Pittsburgh the shutdown pair has been placed on Mario.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Jason MacIsaac said:
Let Ovechkin play with Pittsburgh and Crosby play with Washington and I'm sure you will see a difference. Ovechkin has crap to play with

Ovechkin wishes he had finishers like Brooks Orpik!

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Beatnik said:
it's very sad. Can't anyone appreciate both Corsby and Ovechkin??

I like Ovy reaction after his second goal pointing to his teammate who made a great pass.

I totally agree. I am a Pen's fan and I am excited to see Ovechkin play. I hope he does well. Really. Not against the team I root for, but I want to see great hockey and great players. Having seen Crosby, I can say he is the real deal. And judging from reports on Ovechkin, the same can be said. As to who will be better, I really don't know. I hope both are great. One does not take away from the other.

I will be getting NHL center ice, and I look forward to seeing the great skill Ovechkin. As a Pen's fan and STH, I am VERY FORTUNATE, to be able to see Crosby play on a regular basis, in person.

Here's to both having a great seasons.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
This thread was made in response to unjustified Crosby hype.

What's happening is what every reasonable person expected to happen. Crosby getting points playing w/5 former All-Stars, Ovechkin carrying a horrid team that just lost 7-3, 8-1 and spent half of each game on the PK.

I guess it's illegal to criticize Crosby and make a case for Ovechkin without being barraged by defensive, obnoxious Crosby fans on this board. Is it just too much to admit that the Golden Boy might not be the Next Gretzky?

IMO, Ovech and Crosby are two elite players and the jury will be out until they actually get a couple seasons under their belts and fans take circumstances into consideration. It's not hard to make an argument either way. Win win for hockey fans.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Jason MacIsaac said:
Yea but I'm sure Recchi and Leclair would help.

All of Crosby's assists have been excellent plays on his part. And for the record, Leclair has been mediocre. Now, I'm not arguing that Crosby doesn't have better teammates, but his points aren't just the product of who he's playing with.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
For the record I have always said, and continue to say, that AO is simply an amazing talent. I have only taken issue with some of the stupid blind hate thrown Crosby's way of late. (Over-rated, over-rated . . .chirp chirp . . . AO clealy number 1 . . .and on and on). It was predictable that it would explode in some of your faces and I admit satisfying to see. But in the end none of that is on the shoulders of any of the players. And I for one enjoy watching them all.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Zen Arcade said:
All of Crosby's assists have been excellent plays on his part. And for the record, Leclair has been mediocre. Now, I'm not arguing that Crosby doesn't have better teammates, but his points aren't just the product of who he's playing with.
You have to agree it helps...

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Jaded-Fan said:
For the record I have always said, and continue to say, that AO is simply an amazing talent. I have only taken issue with some of the stupid blind hate thrown Crosby's way of late. (Over-rated, over-rated . . .chirp chirp . . . AO clealy number 1 . . .and on and on). It was predictable that it would explode in some of your faces and I admit satisfying to see. But in the end none of that is on the shoulders of any of the players. And I for one enjoy watching them all.

You take issue w/fans debating Crosby being overrated? That's arrogant, don't you think?

I'd take issue w/anyone who says Ovechkin is *clearly* better as well. I'm not sure anyone said that.

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
Jaded-Fan said:

Did I miss something? What exploded?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
EroCaps said:
You take issue w/fans debating Crosby being overrated? That's arrogant, don't you think?

I'd take issue w/anyone who says Ovechkin is *clearly* better as well. I'm not sure anyone said that.

One game into his pro-career? I do not think that 'take issue' is strong enough of a word. I would have to say that words like idiocy and similar phrases much better capture any such 'debate' after one game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad