Ovechkin shows why he is # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisa Needs Braces

Apr 7, 2004
also fritsches linemates are probably better then ovechkins at the moment. Washington has probably half their team with 2 years of NHL experience or less.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Claypool said:
It's Columbus. Put your panties back on.

you mean "it's the Capitals", right? Ovechkin is getting great passes from Lemieux, Gonchar and Recchi, huh?

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Irish_Leaf said:
also fritsches linemates are probably better then ovechkins at the moment. Washington has probably half their team with 2 years of NHL experience or less.

Nope.

Fritsche-Marchant-Balastik
vs.
Ovechkin-Halpern-Zubrus

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
roshiajin said:
it's his 20th NHL game, not his 1st

Ovechkin was expected to have an immediate impact, and he did!

Yeah, because there is such a monster difference between game 1 and game 20 for young players, especially when the first 19 were played two years ago.
Great point.

MomentsofSanity

Sep 20, 2005
London, ON
Point is it's the first game of the year... let's wait til at least December before the #1 rookie debates go on...

Crosby had one assist all preseason and from the looks of it will be held pointless in his first game in the NHL... so should they send him on back down to Rimouski?

Oh and I forgot how seasoned a veteran Fritsche was ;)

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Boston drafted both Joe Thornton and Sergei Samsonov early in the first round of the draft a few years ago.

Samsonov dominated his rookie season winning the Calder trophy. Thornton struggled and was sent down.

Who went on to emerge as the bigger star and more successful career to date?

I always thought Ovechkin will have a MUCH better rookie season this year than Crosby, that the Crosbyites are way way hyped about the likelihood of their star to shine brightest so early.... but in terms of career, I have no confidence that Ovechkin will outdo Crosby, none at all... a coin flip IMO.

Bluesman

Aug 3, 2005
The Wild have scored more goals than the Pens have so far tonight, which just proves that they have a better offense than the Pens and will score more goals as a team :shakehead

Claypool_*

Bluesman said:
The Wild have scored more goals than the Pens have so far tonight, which just proves that they have a better offense than the Pens and will score more goals as a team :shakehead

clearly you aren't watching the game.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
What a great game by Ovechkin. In the first minute of the game he nailed Suchy behind the Jackets goal that knocked out the dasher inbetween the boards. His first goal was very nice, very Kovalchuk-esque. Looked like he was a vet out there, couldn't tell at all that it was his first NHL game.

Bluesman

Aug 3, 2005
Wild finish with 6 goals. Clearly this one game shows that they will be the best offense in the NHL. I fully expect 7 goals a game once Gaborik returns.

Beatnik

Sep 2, 2002
Québec
Visit site
it's very sad. Can't anyone appreciate both Corsby and Ovechkin??

I like Ovy reaction after his second goal pointing to his teammate who made a great pass.

The_Dominator*

I am really enjoying all the rookies doing really good in their first games. Lets wait more than one game to decide who is >>>> shall we

Leeroy Jenkins

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
Beatnik said:
it's very sad. Can't anyone appreciate both Corsby and Ovechkin??

I like Ovy reaction after his second goal pointing to his teammate who made a great pass.
I agree that's how it should be, but when one players clearly dominates while the other is decent, the more dominant one deserve the spotlight. It's a joke how their giving little media attention Ovechkin, when he is clearly the better player as of now. As of now Ovechkin is living up to his hype, while Crosby as yet to prove anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad