Outside of your favorite team - do you root for other teams or players more?

HugoSimon

Jan 25, 2013
Winnipeg, Montreal and Ottawa.

Although the last two are because they were "my local" through bell.

Winnipeg got my attention for a lot of reasons.

The obvious being at the time they were new, we had their farm team(icecaps), and I really like big buffs style. Then there's the fact that me and my women are both from opposite ends of the country, and winnipeg is the obvious potential middle ground for our future relocation.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Oilers fan.

Like the Jets when we're not playing them and hope they win the Stanley Cup.

I also enjoyed watching the Avs this year and MacKinnon who is one of my favourite non-Oiler player. Loved watching them in the 90s heyday.

In the east, I watch the Leafs a lot wouldn't say I cheer for them though. My old mans favourite team was the Bruins growing up so they have a bit of a soft spot for me.

saxonmiller

May 26, 2017
Winnipeg
Colorado fan who has lived in Winnipeg for whole life. I usually cheer for the Avs and Jets equally, except when the Jets play Colorado ... then its Avs all the way.

In recent years when both teams were out of the playoffs, I cheered for teams that had players I liked. As well as fantasy picks :)

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I cheer for the team rather than a player.

But I wonder would OP still cheer for Crosby (from his example) if Crosby was traded to lets say Bruins, the arch-rival of OP's favorite team...

I can appreciate a given player's talent and good plays, but for me it's more than one individual, it's about the group.

To answer your question - yup I would still cheer for Crosby in a Boston uniform. It's really more about the players than teams for me.

And Boston might be the one team I truly truly dislike.

Reactions: powerstuck

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
After my team I root for...

1) Whomever is playing a team or player or coach I hate (Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver, Crosby, Guy Boucher)
2) Preds. Subban + great fans.
3) Just a good game.

COHawk

Sep 16, 2015
1. My team
2. Teams who haven't won
3. Teams I like
4. Players I like on teams I don't

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Well I cheer for the Flames up until the playoffs when our season usually ends. Then i'll cheer for Winnipeg/Ottawa if they made it. After that, i'll cheer for Pitt because of Crosby/Malkin. After that, i'll cheer for the remaining team with the longest cup drought.

Unless the longest cup drought were Edmonton. :biglaugh: :sarcasm:

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
After my team, I root against other teams. For the example I'm currently rooting against Toronto, Boston, and Pittsburgh

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I'm a Bruins fan, I'll only "root" for them, but there are teams I'd like to see do well. Vegas comes to mind, I go there frequently and saw 2 games the last time i went, so I'll put that team on the list.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Haha, actually I rooted for them in the finals in 2006. I still think if Rollie didn't get hurt they would have won the cup.

You're a better man then me, though I always liked iginla. I just hated Conroy. I woulda been happy to see you guys beat the lightning.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Somewhat of a combo - I like the Toronto, Detroit, Vancouver teams without being focused on any players too much
I like NY Rangers mostly for Lundqvist and SJ Sharks mostly for Thornton (and now Kane)

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I'm much heavier on cheering Individuals than teams. this playoff..

Really have a lot of interest in many of them as well...

Really want to see (in no order) Ovechkin, Vanek, Fleury, Crosby, MacKinnon, Hall absolutely light it up.

Like Vegas. Like the Preds.

Pulling for a Nashville-Vegas WCF
Pulling for a Lightning-(Pens or Caps) ECF

Kinda want Ovie to get his... if not, then Crosby to 3peat... unless its against Vegas.
Slight lean towards the Caps in a Caps-Pen series... but would be ok with either.
Would cheer for Vegas over Pens.
Pens over anyone else.
Would cheer for Caps over Vegas... I wouldn't be able to stand the inevitable Ov losing to an expansion team stuff.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I don't really root for a certain team to win the cup, I just root against teams I don't like and root for good hockey.

RAB FERD

Oct 2, 2013
I root for the leafs but if (when) they are done I just pick whatever ever teams i like at the moment minus MTL, OTT, BUF.

This year I like Vegas and Winnipeg!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad