Out of Town - Who's your team during these Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Grant is the type of guy I'd totally accidentally on purpose trip if I saw on the street and then accidentally on purpose fall on top of him with my elbow directed right to his mouth.

I hope Recrutes shuts down at the end of the year so he could go back to cleaning toilets.
Its the pettiness. But I bet he is lurking and grinning ear to ear that we are even menchening him.

Reactions: Runner77

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I wouldn't condemn the Leafs too harshly. This is the first run for these guys and they usually flop in such a situation. Just like we swept the Lightning one year but they came back the next and beat us.

Last year was their first run. Matthews was far better last year against Washington than he has been against Boston.

He's been brutal offensively & defensively. Barely makes an effort to backcheck.

Nylander is invisible, uninvolved & a perimeter player. If he was in Montreal he'd be getting the Chucky treatment.

OTOH Marner has been great these playoffs. Very impressed.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
First two game Bruins torch the leafs on the powerplay.

They come back to Toronto to play the Rogers Maple Leafs and the leafs get 1 penalty in 6 periods. lol Not a penalty tonight.

How predictable and obvious is that?

Last edited:

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
1. Klingberg 22
Tied at 2 with 21: Subban, Josi, Karlsson, Hedman
Tied at 20: Burns, Hamilton, Jones

That's at 5-on-5 if I'm not mistaken, right?

All situation, the leader is Subban with 44 primary points. Hedman has 40, and Doughty has 35. Burns with 42, Carlson 41.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
That's at 5-on-5 if I'm not mistaken, right?

All situation, the leader is Subban with 44 primary points. Hedman has 40, and Doughty has 35. Burns with 42, Carlson 41.

Where did you get the all situation?

Every stat tells you Doughty doesnt belong... freaking ridiculous that Jones and Burns are not there, they both absolutely carried their teams.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Ovy delivers on his guarantee that the series will be tied going back to Washington. Honestly the series should be over. Columbus seems to create nothing on their own. The caps just blew the first 2 games with terrible defensive coverage, bad turnovers and poor goaltending. They played a pretty much perfect game today though.
Guaranteeing we wont swept in the first round. Wow! Joe Nameth Mark Messier legend type stuff !

OV :silly:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Last year was their first run. Matthews was far better last year against Washington than he has been against Boston.

He's been brutal offensively & defensively. Barely makes an effort to backcheck.

Nylander is invisible, uninvolved & a perimeter player. If he was in Montreal he'd be getting the Chucky treatment.

OTOH Marner has been great these playoffs. Very impressed.
More leaf fans than you might think will tell you straight up Marner is or will be the best forward on the team. After this series that will be even more popular.

Last edited:

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
what the hell happened to mccagg? he was fine, good poster. i kind of disappear off this board for the season, i come back and it looks like he's fallen prey to the Greater Internet F***wad Theory.

google it, too busy, can't be arsed to edit the picture for HF's sensitivities

Reactions: ArtPeur

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
You dont live around here. They were talking stanley cup. They were bragging about winning 3 of 4 gainst the Bruins (without Mattews for two) Anderson better than Rask. Now that they are getting spanked they dont get to play the baby team just taking its first steps.

Before play offs began.
Mike Babcock....."we think we can beat then and they think they can beat us"
Mike Babcock....." we can play with any team in the league and beat them. We know that. Now we have to go do it"

Leafs play off hockey STINK so far. Pleks and Matthews are tied for goals. :laugh:

Pasternack in his second series ever.....11 pts

Mattews in his second series ever ...1 pt.

Earlier this year fan 590s Bob Macowan : "it is still to be determined who is the better player....MacDavid or Matthews"

Boston has a lot of rookies playing.

Just because this is a Canadiens board does not mean excuses fly for all teams.

The leafs are getting their asses kicked and it looks good on them. :nod:

The problem is some of our fans did this last year against the Rangers

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
And he plays with two of the best forwards in the league. Context.
so does Krug

So does Letang

So does Nurse.

So does Doughty

So do the other 5 D on Tampa

Getting a little old. Knocking a players stats by attributing his success to playing with great players.

Hedman still had to put up those numbers and he is responsible for them more than anyone else.

Last edited:
Reactions: the valiant effort

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
what the hell happened to mccagg? he was fine, good poster. i kind of disappear off this board for the season, i come back and it looks like he's fallen prey to the Greater Internet F***wad Theory.

Hes missing his yesmen crew, he was generally told he was a fwad around here. Pretty much started with him saying hes draft Mike Mcloed over anyone but Matthews... then Subban got traded and it all went to shits.

Reactions: Mathletic

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex

He's trying to drive traffic to Recroutons by being unabashedly pro Habs, even while they suck, and going head on against any narrative he feels diminishes the lack of accomplishment of the team. It's all about creating Us vs. Them.

In other words he's about as useful as an inflatable tube man but without the style.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He's trying to drive traffic to Recroutons by being unabashedly pro Habs, even while they suck, and going head on against any narrative he feels diminishes the lack of accomplishment of the team. It's all about creating Us vs. Them.

In other words he's about as useful as an inflatable tube man but without the style.

Hes not really smart, hed have a lot more support if he went the other way around, if thats what hes actually going for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad