Out of Town Thread: Can Someone Spare Some Goals for Habs, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
It just keep adding to the insult.....Everybody knows though that Sergachev's offensive potentila is to the roof. Remains to be seen how he'll handle himself defensively. But frankly, and even if there are obviously no guarantee that we will pick the right guys, I believe that 2018 draft is filled with very good potential prospects, that even if we make a mistake, we might have somebody good anyway. Perfect draft for idiots as far as 2018 is concerned. But....we did draft a great d-man, that has ALL the tools of what a modern d-man is all about and yet....we have signed long term guys like Petry, Alzner and Weber. Insane. Still like Drouin though. His problem is not his talent though. It's the positoin they make him play in because how awful they were at picking a C. People like Lernout....but how about Brayden Point as a C? Why the f*** would you go with a potential good DEFENSIVE d-man when there was a C available at that round?

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Not sure why we could have no have had both. The win win is if Drouin succeed. Mete has nothing to do with Sergachev.
Well that post was on the assumption that Drouin succeeds, the sting of losing a top pair LHD would be lessened if we didn't have a hole to fill there and were able to fill it internally.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Well if he sticks around nhl habs get a 2nd pick. Also happy for his success and at least he was drafted by mtl.

Actually, without researching, I believe we KEEP our 2nd pick. Basically, we don’t get anything, it was our pick to lose if Sergachev doesn’t play 40 games.

Oh well, I suppose if we “get” the pick, that is a more positive way at looking at things.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Devils complete the comeback with an OT goal. 5-4 after being down 4-2 heading into the 3rd. Devils remain undefeated on the road.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Sergachev's season so far makes this trade hard to stomach. But Drouin is a great player and one of the only positives this season. I don't know. I hope he starts doing some highlight reel stuff soon and being a gamebreaker. This team badly needs a gamebreaker, it's an entire group of boring ass cowards at the moment.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Should have traded Patches + 2nd round pick for Drouin, kept Serg + Subban and... ??? = Big time profit!

Subban-Markov
Sergachev-Petry
Emelin-Mete

The opposition is forced to be on their toes against each and every pairing. Instead, we don't even have one D pairing that can sustain pressure against the opposition right now.:ha:
Thing is, Tampa was already full of skilledforwards and thus Drouin, justifiably or not, was expendable. Plus, I don't think coaches live in a total vacuum and they can see Pacioretty's heartlessness and I don't Tortorella's comments would go unnoticed. A deal would have been done with another team before they would consider Pacioretty.

Giving Tampa a one-two punch of Hedman and Sergachev 3 years from now and Sergachev as Hedman's successor later on will keep Tampa in contention for a long time.

Like it or not, but for every elite Dman on a team, there often is a great 1B guy on the second pair in recent history. Pronger and Timmonen. Subban and Josi. Keith and Seabrook. Doughty and Voynov.

Jul 6, 2016
Sergachev's season so far makes this trade hard to stomach. But Drouin is a great player and one of the only positives this season. I don't know. I hope he starts doing some highlight reel stuff soon and being a gamebreaker. This team badly needs a gamebreaker, it's an entire group of boring ass cowards at the moment.

If Habs were winning, we would focus less on traded former Habs players.

Yes. Sergachev will be a good one. He is playing barely 13 minutes a game. TB is bringing him slowly but surely. And he has many Russian born team mates. Something that Montreal completely flushed away (beside Galchy)

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna
6 points for Serghacev ??? I had no idea, ouch...
Serghachev, Markov, Subban, Mette OMG imagine the power play
Then the hitting of Emelin

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Tampa had a load of skilled forwards but their D corps was in a deceptively precarious position age-wise, as Braydon Coburn and Stralman are past 30 and Hedman is 27. Three years is like lightning in hockey and having Sergachev stabilizes in the future when Hedman might start dropping off. That he is already providing immediate returns is just gravy.
Tampa managed their assets wisely, as they got rid of an asset they had an excess of and might lose anyway to shore up an upcoming weakneses in the future regarding their D corps.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Tampa had a load of skilled forwards but their D corps was in a deceptively precarious position age-wise, as Braydon Coburn and Stralman are past 30 and Hedman is 27. Three years is like lightning in hockey and having Sergachev stabilizes in the future when Hedman might start dropping off. That he is already providing immediate returns is just gravy.
Tampa managed their assets wisely, as they got rid of an asset they had an excess of and might lose anyway to shore up an upcoming weakneses in the future regarding their D corps.
That was a great trade for Yserman, Tampa has ton of talent up front, their best winger (Kucherov) is miles ahead of drouin while Stamkos is back in full force, so they could afford to trade Drouin for a very young promising defenseman..

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Drai was never available as far as I know. It was a package around Taylor hall.
In edmonton it was confirmed the oilers offered Hall and a package around him but Bergevin countered with a package of Draisaitl, Klefbom, the 4th pick in the 2016 draft and another +. Negotiations ended shortly.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Could see him piling on the points on the PP with such threats like Kucherov and Stamkos up front.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
In edmonton it was confirmed the oilers offered Hall and a package around him but Bergevin countered with a package of Draisaitl, Klefbom, the 4th pick in the 2016 draft and another +. Negotiations ended shortly.

That's false. You make it sound as though that offer was what killed the talks.

Read that Chiarelli backed out of the deal because of Subban's salary because McJesus would have to be signed soon and because Habs wanted too many pieces. Edmonton moved on to Larsson because he cost a lot less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad