Out of Town Thread: Can Someone Spare Some Goals for Habs, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Love drouin trade but by losing radulov its a lateral move at best...

imagine resigning radulov and bringing up sergachev. i can tell you we be better than 1-6 right now

Really? Not so sure about that...

Radulov's not the impact player Habs fans are convinced that he is, he's a good player who at his best can be a very good player.

He's a great complimentary piece, not a building block.

This team can't score goals - not sure how having a guy who is primarily a passer, solves that issue.

Reactions: Hot Dog Water Shaw

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Really? Not so sure about that...

Radulov's not the impact player Habs fans are convinced that he is, he's a good player who at his best can be a very good player.

He's a great complimentary piece, not a building block.

This team can't score goals - not sure how having a guy who is primarily a passer, solves that issue.

Yep, sure don't know how guys like Kuznetsov, Crosby and Backstrom contribute to teams offense.. being primarily passers and all.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Yep, sure don't know how guys like Kuznetsov, Crosby and Backstrom contribute to teams offense.. being primarily passers and all.
Difference is...they can also actually score as well as they can set up their teammates.

The comparison, is ridiculous...

Kuznetsov, Crosby and Backstrom are on another level...maybe even 2 levels above Radulov as players.

Come on man

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Difference is...they can also actually score as well as they can set up their teammates.

The comparison, is ridiculous...

Kuznetsov, Crosby and Backstrom are on another level...maybe even 2 levels above Radulov as players.

Come on man

No, what's ridiculous is the notion that a playmaking player has no impact on a roster scoring goals.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
No, what's ridiculous is the notion that a playmaking player has no impact on a roster scoring goals.
Sigh...

If this team had more GOAL SCORERS, I'd agree with you.

But this team has very little in the way of players who can and are proven goal scorers.

It's essentially just Max Pacioretty...so having a guy who is mainly a passer, doesn't really help the Habs.

Did you not have enough evidence of that last year?

This team needs goal scorers...not tempermental, playmaking wingers.

Reactions: Weardown

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
That feel when Sergachev is averaging around 7 minutes less a game than Drouin right now but has 1 more point and the same amount of goals. Jeez.
I like drouin, but not where he is being used. I am hoping he at least comes close to matching a rookie Dmans numbers this season, otherwise despite learning a new position this will be viewed as a possible major fail.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Drouin is literally the only good playmaker we have right now. Yes, Radulov would help us score goals, pretty idiotic to think otherwise.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Drouin is literally the only good playmaker we have right now. Yes, Radulov would help us score goals, pretty idiotic to think otherwise.

Did it help us score more goals last year?

Nope...we finished where we usually finish, middle of the pack.

Radulov's the most overrated Habs player since...I can't even remember.

Radulation Nation actually thinks this guy is an elite player

pfffttt

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Did it help us score more goals last year?

Nope...we finished where we usually finish, middle of the pack.

Radulov's the most overrated Habs player since...I can't even remember.
Well of course it did. How can he not? Ever thought about the fact that we would be worse than middle of the pack without him? Radulov can be the most overrated player in the history of the NHL, still doesn't mean that he wouldn't help us score more goals? It's like saying Subban doesn't help us score goals because he gets assist. Pretty odd comment.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Well of course it did. How can he not? Ever thought about the fact that we would be worse than middle of the pack without him? Radulov can be the most overrated player in the history of the NHL, still doesn't mean that he wouldn't help us score more goals? It's like saying Subban doesn't help us score goals because he gets assist. Pretty odd comment.

My comment was odd?

Or the one you've bastardized and claimed was my own?

Because those 2 things are entirely different.

I don't think Radulov helps this teams biggest issue, that's scoring goals. He's primarily a playmaker, he actually refuses to shoot and when he does, he's got a poor shot.

That doesn't mean that I don't think Radulov could get assists playing for the Habs this year, but unless I mention that, you'll draw the lazy conclusion. Not surprising.

Put Radulov on this team, and we've still got the same players who can't finish.

We have ONE natural and proven goal scorer...Pacioretty.

ONE...we need MORE players who think about shooting AND can shoot.

We don't need more temperamental playmaking wingers.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
My comment was odd?

Or the one you've bastardized and claimed was my own?

Because those 2 things are entirely different.

I don't think Radulov helps this teams biggest issue, that's scoring goals. He's primarily a playmaker, he actually refuses to shoot and when he does, he's got a poor shot.

That doesn't mean that I don't think Radulov could get assists playing for the Habs this year, but unless I mention that, you'll draw the lazy conclusion. Not surprising.

Put Radulov on this team, and we've still got the same players who can't finish.

We have ONE natural and proven goal scorer...Pacioretty.

ONE...we need MORE players who think about shooting AND can shoot.

We don't need more temperamental playmaking wingers.
We also have ONE good player that can actually set up plays and make passes in Drouin. The same can be said about Radulov. Putting Radulov on this team would make ECHL worthy players like Hemsky f*** off, and letting others play a role that suits their abilities more. That alone could definitely help the team score more goals. And adding his elite skillset and non stop competitiveness would help this team score goals as well.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
We also have ONE good player that can actually set up plays and make passes in Drouin. The same can be said about Radulov. Putting Radulov on this team would make ECHL worthy players like Hemsky **** off, and letting others play a role that suits their abilities more. That alone could definitely help the team score more goals. And adding his elite skillset and non stop competitiveness would help this team score goals as well.
I respectfully disagree

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I respectfully disagree
With what? The fact that we only have one good playmaker? The fact that guys who can make plays to create offense? The fact that those kinds of players(like Subban) are VERY useful to help the team score goals?

Reactions: Peanut

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
With what? The fact that we only have one good playmaker? The fact that guys who can make plays to create offense? The fact that those kinds of players(like Subban) are VERY useful to help the team score goals?
I think we have different evaluations of Radulov as a player...

So philosophically, we are on different pages.

So I'd rather disagree respectfully, then continue to belabour something I've been consistent about since Radulov first skated with the Habs.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
They don't have the cap space for him. (stephen Weiss cost 2.6 mil in buy out :) )

I don't know if MTL can relieve some of the Cap to DET
Center Position
Tatar, 26yo, 4 years 5.3
Nielsen 33yo, 5 years, 5.25
Nyqvist 27yo, 2 years, 4.75
Helm, 30 yo, 4 years 3.85
Sheahan, 25 yo, 1 year RFA, 2

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
those contracts are pretty bad but if the Habs want skill and speed, Tatar would be the answer (but he's a winger and has been a bit disappointing, same for Nyquist). Expect Helm though...

Lorty

May 7, 2013
I wanna add something about Radulov :

That guy was all energy and all heart WITH talent. He's also a possession machine, and even if he sometimes don't get any points in a game, he's still useful. I remember seeing him making tons of plays to make room for Galchenyuk/Pacioretty/Danault/etc, just so that one of them scores with Radulov earning 0 point.

Obviously he's not as fast as those 23 years old stars, but be brings something unique to the game. Players are hyped just watching him play, just like how Gallagher hyped everyone a couple years ago.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I wanna add something about Radulov :

That guy was all energy and all heart WITH talent. He's also a possession machine, and even if he sometimes don't get any points in a game, he's still useful. I remember seeing him making tons of plays to make room for Galchenyuk/Pacioretty/Danault/etc, just so that one of them scores with Radulov earning 0 point.

Obviously he's not as fast as those 23 years old stars, but be brings something unique to the game. Just like how Gallagher brought something unique a couple years ago...

We did not have a replacement for what he brought to the game for us and no Drouin is not that. Radulov like Markov are being diminished as players because some posters are shocked that the team that was better off without them has looked so terrible in their absence. I read it all summer.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
We did not have a replacement for what he brought to the game for us and no Drouin is not that. Radulov like Markov are being diminished as players because some posters are shocked that the team that was better off without them has looked so terrible in their absence. I read it all summer.

Bang on.

We're sorely missing what each of them brought.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Florida coming out swinging so far against Pittsburgh.

Comparing out center depth with their center depth makes me sad. And they have Henrik Borgström in the NCAA.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Florida coming out swinging so far against Pittsburgh.

Comparing out center depth with their center depth makes me sad. And they have Henrik Borgström in the NCAA.

It's a matter of preference, I guess. Most teams treasure and pursue top Centres. We prefer to chase retread and decrepit Defensemen. To each their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad