Out of Town Thread: Can Someone Spare Some Goals for Habs, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTTP 400

Sep 1, 2007
Sergachev scores his second of the night, now has more pts than Drouin.

It's a shocking fact, but it doesn't mean much. Here's another way to look at it :

Habs have 11 goals, Drouin has 5 pts (45% of his team production)
Lightning have 29 goals, Sergachev has 6 pts (21% of his team production)

Imagine how bad we'd be without Drouin!

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Sportsnet in the 1st int of the Oilers/Hawks game just showed Sergachev's first 2 goals and Doug Maclean took a little shot at Hab fans saying finally something for Hab fans to cheer about. Not cool Doug Maclean.. Not cool.

I chuckled. I'll bet I'm not the only one. I figure we can gripe and laugh, or gripe and cry.

The cheering has diminished right along with our hopes.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I chuckled. I'll bet I'm not the only one. I figure we can gripe and laugh, or gripe and cry.

The cheering has diminished right along with our hopes.

The way I see it, when they win, you celebrate. When they lose, find the humor. Either way, you keep your mindset positive.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
True. And as admirable as JD is doing, he also has the weight of carrying Max.

We both know he's a good player, but is he a good center?
Cause if we traded a maybe top 2 D for a good winger, then i don't think it's a good trade.

And right now, Drouin is as good as Galchenyuk was last year.
Same problem on the faceoff, same problems in his zone and same sparks offensively.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Sportsnet in the 1st int of the Oilers/Hawks game just showed Sergachev's first 2 goals and Doug Maclean took a little shot at Hab fans saying finally something for Hab fans to cheer about. Not cool Doug Maclean.. Not cool.

Well if he sticks around nhl habs get a 2nd pick. Also happy for his success and at least he was drafted by mtl.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Imagine a D of Mete-Sergachev-Subban and Markov this year supported by Beaulieu and Petry.

Even with Weber/Alzner in and Markov out it still looks very good if Sergachev becomes a solid 1st pairing guy..

Sergachev-Weber
Mete-Petry
Alzner-Juulsen

In 2 years max it looks definitely better than what we have right now. The defense would be pretty much set and we would need to improve the offense. Now we must improve both of them.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I always been okay with the Drouin - Sergachev trade....but Sergachev is starting to prove me wrong.
If this one blows up in Bergevin's face too, it will be the end of him.
I hated the trade the minute I heard about it. For two reasons.

1)Although I thought Drouin was a good player, I didn't think he was the phenom everyone was making him out to be and yes I'm looking at you Tony Marinaro.
2) We needed a top line center not a maybe top line winger converted to center. MB emptied a little more his prospect pool and never filled our biggest need. Now it's gonna take a miracle to fill those top two center spots.

The lack of top 6 centers is one of the reasons for this fabulous start the Habs are experiencing.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I hated the trade the minute I heard about it. For two reasons.

1)Although I thought Drouin was a good player, I didn't think he was the phenom everyone was making him out to be and yes I'm looking at you Tony Marinaro.
2) We needed a top line center not a maybe top line winger converted to center. MB emptied a little more his prospect pool and never filled our biggest need. Now it's gonna take a miracle to fill those top two center spots.

The lack of top 6 centers is one of the reasons for this fabulous start the Habs are experiencing.
I apparently underrated Sergachev severely. I didn't watch him a lot but I wasn't impressed with what I did see. Lawd if this trade haunts us in the future again!

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Bad news for the LA Kings, Jeff Carter will be out for awhile after Jeff Petry tore Jeff Carter’s achille tendon last game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad