Out of Town Thread: Can Someone Spare Some Goals for Habs, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
That's false. You make it sound as though that offer was what killed the talks.

Read that Chiarelli backed out of the deal because of Subban's salary because McJesus would have to be signed soon and because Habs wanted too many pieces. Edmonton moved on to Larsson because he cost a lot less.
There was never big interest from Chiarelli from the get go because of PK’s contract size. That + the outrageous ask and the talks didn’t last long.

https://www.google.ca/amp/edmontonj...oilers-gm-peter-chiarelli-refused-to-make/amp

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Had posted this in the other out of town thread that was closed. Coach's facial expressions are golden.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Btw I can't seem to see the full tweet (I see the top half)? Is there a way to fix this?

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Man... if Tampa has a healthy lineup in the playoffs, I think they will win the cup. Just too many weapons. I could see them stopping the Pens from 3peat.

Inrersting series for sure. I would take the Pens with Murray being the diff. (and sid of course)

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
ULD TA
F** the Bruins, but this goal was truly a thing of beauty.

What a goal!

My hat goes off to him for not celebrating like he just won the Cup. While beating his chest and acting angry. :laugh:

Last edited:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Sergachev rookie of the year.

Drouin is a talent no doubt. The risk is we know what Drouin will be. Dony know Sergachevs ceiling. If he become a really good top pair Dman. Yzerman win the trade.

Where MB really looks goofy is he has traded Subban and Sergachev and no centerman came back. Team biggest hole remains unfilled.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Where are all those "But what about Dallas, what about Nashville, what about X"? Pretty hard to compare the Habs to other teams when they sit just 2 points above rock bottom...
Those other teams are playing on normal mode. Bergevin is GM'ing on hard mode with 10mil lower cap ceiling like a true champ.

Reactions: badbrains

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
At least we got a good piece back this time.
With Sergachev we didn't need a good piece. We needed to fill one of our roster holes.

This summer everyone and his monkey knew that the Habs needed at least a top line center and a top pairing left PMD. We had Sergachev. Everyone and his monkey's uncle knew he would eventually become the stud top pair left PMD. The question was how soon. So let's assume that MB had more brains than he has demonstrated so far. Our brilliant GM and his staff knew that Mete would be just as good this year. (I don't believe this for one moment but let's play this game anyway) So we don't need to fill that top pairing left PMD. So let's move to our other priority. A top line center. So what does this brilliant GM do? He trades Sergachev for a player who may eventually develop into a top line winger and claims that he can convert him to a top line center. Well, you know they've already gone through this scenario with Galchenyuk and figured they were experts in this field of converting wingers into centers. How can we fault MB for thinking this? They already were successful once. :sarcasm:

I'm not bemoaning the fact we traded Sergachev. You gotta break an egg to make an omelete What I'm complaining about is that we traded an almost certain NHL stud d-man for a player we're going to play out of position and hope - hope - hope really really hard that he becomes something he has never been since leaving juniors: A top line center.

To me this guy is an effing idiot and I'm surprised he doesn't stab himself every time he tries to use a fork.

Last edited:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Sergachev's season so far makes this trade hard to stomach. But Drouin is a great player and one of the only positives this season. I don't know. I hope he starts doing some highlight reel stuff soon and being a gamebreaker. This team badly needs a gamebreaker, it's an entire group of boring ass cowards at the moment.
NO! For puck's sake! This team badly needed a top line center. Not a winger playing center. Drouin is a winger.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
To me this guy is an effing idiot and I'm surprised he doesn't stab himself every time he tries to use a fork.

tenor.gif

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Drouin is a talent no doubt. The risk is we know what Drouin will be. Dony know Sergachevs ceiling. If he become a really good top pair Dman. Yzerman win the trade.

Where MB really looks goofy is he has traded Subban and Sergachev and no centerman came back. Team biggest hole remains unfilled.
Yes! Thank you!

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Love drouin trade but by losing radulov its a lateral move at best...

imagine resigning radulov and bringing up sergachev. i can tell you we be better than 1-6 right now

I don't know if we would be better, but the hole point of getting Drouin was to add him to our offense which included signing Radulov to an extension
Like you said, this trade was a lateral move, you lose a 60pts guy and you add one but all of that while losing your top prospect
Just doesn't make any sense whatsoever, this moron(Bergerien) completely failed this summer.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Where are all those "But what about Dallas, what about Nashville, what about X"? Pretty hard to compare the Habs to other teams when they sit just 2 points above rock bottom...

And lucky for us we played Buffalo which took a sh goal to tie it up in the 3rd and a shootout win
Going to be a long season!!!!!
Thank God for Center Ice and being able to watch good hockey

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
You need to pay to get. Drouin will be a star for sure. Dude has so much freakin talent. It sucks to lose a piece like Sergachev, but that's the price for star players. It's a good trade.

However, can't help but think what a defense of Subban, Sergachev, Mete could do. Hell, then you might even have Juulsen to that mix. That's a potent d that's relatively young, even with an older Subban.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
You need to pay to get. Drouin will be a star for sure. Dude has so much freakin talent. It sucks to lose a piece like Sergachev, but that's the price for star players. It's a good trade.

However, can't help but think what a defense of Subban, Sergachev, Mete could do. Hell, then you might even have Juulsen to that mix. That's a potent d that's relatively young, even with an older Subban.

Sounds like Nashville situation.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

Maybe we've got another Mete in our system we don't know yet...

Reactions: Andy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad