Out of Town: Off-Season edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Still puts him in a tough spot...no matter the timing. Hoffman had value, and then his gal took it, and threw it all in the garbage...if they knew in March, it was after the deadline...lose lose situation.
You're not reading what i'm saying...

They knew BEFORE March...they knew before the trade deadline.

Again, if I had heard about this in December/January (and I brushed it off as hearsay only to find out that at least the allegations were true), there's NO WAY the Sens didn't know about this.

Reactions: Laurentide

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
This was smart by Wilson. Dorion would have never dealt Hoffman to a divisional rival. So he shipped him to the West. Little did he know that Sharks had a deal in place with Panthers so Hoffman comes back to the division.

And Hoffman cost the Panthers less than what Bergevin was asking for Pacioretty.
Hoffman is a lesser player than Pacioretty and has a steamer trunk full of issues and distractions coming along with him. Max is plug and play and gives you more goal scoring ability.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Sorry, did not realize this...then it is on PD for not doing anything about it, way sooner...the Sens are beyond a hot mess right now, but then again the Habs are a mess also...

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Hoffman is a lesser player than Pacioretty and has a steamer trunk full of issues and distractions coming along with him. Max is plug and play and gives you more goal scoring ability.

I'm not saying Max's value took a hit because of this. I'm saying that teams were probably contemplating whether they take a run for Kane (before he was signed), Hoffman (who was on the market for a while), Kovalchuk (who wants to return), or Pacioretty.

With Kane and Hoffman out of the way and Kovalchuk who will pick one team, the rest who struck out on all of them will turn to Pacioretty. And that may work in Habs' favour because teams will offer more to ensure they get Max.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Biggest thing is SJ getting rid of the Boedker contract guy just didn't fit on the Shark damn those extra picks too though. Wilson making the smart moves.

also lol

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
This was smart by Wilson. Dorion would have never dealt Hoffman to a divisional rival. So he shipped him to the West. Little did he know that Sharks had a deal in place with Panthers so Hoffman comes back to the division.

And Hoffman cost the Panthers less than what Bergevin was asking for Pacioretty.

Trades are hard...

Reactions: Peanut

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm not saying Max's value took a hit because of this. I'm saying that teams were probably contemplating whether they take a run for Kane (before he was signed), Hoffman (who was on the market for a while), Kovalchuk (who wants to return), or Pacioretty.

With Kane and Hoffman out of the way and Kovalchuk who will pick one team, the rest who struck out on all of them will turn to Pacioretty. And that may work in Habs' favour because teams will offer more to ensure they get Max.
This is my point exactly. A couple of weeks ago people were saying that we won't be able to trade Max because the market is flooded with wingers. Now that almost all of the available wingers have found new homes we supposedly can't trade him because he's the only one left. Believe me, there are more than a few teams still out there looking to add a 30-35 goal player. The market is there and the elimination of names like Kane and Hoffman only make the price tag on Max go up, not down.

Still, and having said all that, I fully expect Bergevin to sell him for 50 cents on the dollar because he sees "attitude" as a priceless commodity.

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
Geoff Molson is so lucky Eugene Melnyk lives 1.5 hours away. Ironic how the two worst owners in the NHL are that close to each other. I'm convinced the only reason they did the Domi trade was to save 1.8 million in salary.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Hoffman to Sharks.

Why isn't the contents of tweets showing without opening another link? For those who don't feel like clicking:

To #Sharks: F Mike Hoffman D Cody Donaghey 5th RD pick 2020
To #Sens: F Mikkel Boedker D Julius Bergman 6th RD pick 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad