Out of Town: Off-Season edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Why isn't the contents of tweets showing without opening another link? For those who don't feel like clicking:

To #Sharks: F Mike Hoffman D Cody Donaghey 5th RD pick 2020
To #Sens: F Mikkel Boedker D Julius Bergman 6th RD pick 2020

You're not the first to say this for one of the tweets I post the last two days. Although for me, they're all showing.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
As for AG, Habs were under no pressure to trade him and on the opinion of many (most?) got an underwhelming return while once again not addressing any needs. As with most MB deals people say “wait for the follow up move” but that never seems to come.

Please, no more "follow up" moves. The less Bergevin does, the less will need fixing when a new GM is named.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You're not the first to say this for one of the tweets I post the last two days. Although for me, they're all showing.

Given what I've seen, I'm going to try to reprise the contents of tweets within the same post, so long as it's not a string of tweets.

I don't know what's going on, the tweet appears truncated, you barely get the top part.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John

They are all showing for me. They just don't know how to internet.

1ACWWak.gif

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Why isn't the contents of tweets showing without opening another link? For those who don't feel like clicking:

To #Sharks: F Mike Hoffman D Cody Donaghey 5th RD pick 2020
To #Sens: F Mikkel Boedker D Julius Bergman 6th RD pick 2020

The tweet is showing for me but the website is acting a little wonky today with avatars not showing up and stuff.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
There is a time for the stick and there's a time for the carrot. :sarcasm:

It's like the saying goes,"when the cat is gone, the mice come out to play". That's the problem with dictatorship and totalitarians.

It's the age old argument of intrinsic vs extrinsic reward. With the carrot the internal motivation will always be there even when the stick is not present.

The bolded part nails it. Teams won't always win, but they can motivate themselves with a common goal. Battling for the playoffs, making the playoffs, winning a round -- whatever the goal, nothing bonds people together more than the incremental journey towards success.

On the other hand, nothing separates people more than having no map and no direction.

Reactions: Laurentide

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Wow, a GM with foresight, and a proactive method...all of that, is just too far complicated for MB, he would have had to worked on someting like dat, for about tree years...

If we want to see the biggest return for Pacioretty, send him to the Sharks for cents on the dollar and watch them flip him for a haul.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Without hijacking this thread...I think it's a "4 quarters for 1 dollar" type of trade.

Both player's ultimate impact will be felt differently, but will be measured the same.

In a vacuum, the trade is reasonable...as an overall plan, for the Habs, it's a head scratched though.
And there's our team's t-shirt slogan: "Reasonable in a vacuum". One move after another that, in isolation, is okay/not bad/decent. But with no design plan or sense of architecture. We only have two tires on the car, but look, we just got a good deal on a fourth muffler!

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Instead of that, we have a GM on creatine.

Given Bergevin's lack of work ethic. character and propensity for taking shortcuts I'm willing to bet that he is taking some much stronger stuff than creatine lol.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I don't see why anyone is gushing. SJ did good in dumping Boedker but the rest of everything on this trade isn't great.

2nd and a few later picks for a perenial 25G scorer is not a good return. Hoffman is more established than AG, so imagine getting a 2nd and 4th and 5th for AG or Max!

Ottawa made a horrible deal as well. Take back a bad contract on a good player the MB special LOL.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Given Bergevin's lack of work ethic. character and propensity for taking shortcuts I'm willing to bet that he is taking some much stronger stuff than creatine lol.

I don't know, did you see those biceps?

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
The best part about trading Pacioretty will be finding out about all of his skeletons in the closet after the trade and learning that he wasn't such a goodie two shoes afterall. :popcorn:
If we lose next season, he will be the scapegoat. He is the third-to last vestige of Bob's team. Then Gallagher, and finally, Price.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
I think SJ goes after Kovalchuk more than Tavares. They have about 14 million in space with Hertl to still to sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad