Out of Town: Off-Season edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Let's all laugh at Ottawa. Makes the Chucky for Domi swap look like a brilliant move by Bergevin in comparison.

Agreed, it's no longer the worst trade of the last week
I know it's a 5th and 6th, but the Sharks even managed a better pick for 2020
Poor Sens fans, I mean these guys were 1 goal away from the SCF just last year!

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
No offense but while Habs players are getting trade left and right for made up character issues that exist only in the mind of a deranged lunatic... what Hoffman's GF did was f***ed up. I could get behind a GM for getting rid of a player because of that.

Reactions: Redux91

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
No offense but while Habs players are getting trade left and right for made up character issues that exist only in the mind of a deranged lunatic... what Hoffman's GF did was ****ed up. I could get behind a GM for getting rid of a player because of that.
Could you get behind that same GM if you knew, that he knew about what Hoffman's GF did months ago, but waited until it was public knowledge - thus de-valuing his own asset?

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
I forgot about that pick being Colorado's next year!!!
Oh boy!!!!!!

Sakic and Colorado made out like a bandit. Meanwhile all we got for Galchenyuk was a 9 goal scorer with like 5 of them being empty netters because our GM was too stupid to play him at center to raise his value even in a lost season.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Sens have yet to decide if they are giving up this year's pick or next years pick. I think they keep this years pick but it may not matter.... both will be top 5 picks more likely.
They'll keep their pick this year because they know with the last 6 months of PR disaster they've gone through, with more crap on the way with the eventual trade of Karlsson...

This year's 1st round pick is the least bit of good news they have for their fanbase this year.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Sakic and Colorado made out like a bandit. Meanwhile all we got for Galchenyuk was a 9 goal scorer with like 5 empty netters because our GM was too stupid to play him at center to raise his value even in a lost season.

Agreed but something worth considering is maybe Galchenyuk's value gets less if we played him at center all year and he struggled a lot. However, I don't like giving up on Galchenyuk this early. That 3 year contract was stupid and pinned us in the corner. Bergevin sold at low value

Reactions: blarneylad

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
They'll keep their pick this year because they know with the last 6 months of PR disaster they've gone through, with more crap on the way with the eventual trade of Karlsson...

This year's 1st round pick is the least bit of good news they have for their fanbase this year.

Thinking this is what they do as well but imagine a draft lottery win next year and they lose on Hughes? What a disaster. Just goes to show what a GM damages with a hands on approach. They would of been better off trading Turris at the deadline as a rental.

Cup Pretender moves. Sens thought they could turn things around after that Duchene trade.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Could you get behind that same GM if you knew, that he knew about what Hoffman's GF did months ago, but waited until it was public knowledge - thus de-valuing his own asset?

I don't know the details of when they tried to trade him, I'm just saying that sending someone death threats and... then it happens.... is on a whole entire level of messed up. Compare that to Galchenyuk who got roasted hardcore by his coach and the media for staying up all night... on his day off... in his OWN house. Yea the situations are not at all comparable.

I don't support their GM but at least he's got a legitimate reason.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I don't know the details of when they tried to trade him, I'm just saying that sending someone death threats and... then it happens.... is on a whole entire level of messed up. Compare that to Galchenyuk who got roasted hardcore by his coach and the media for staying up all night... on his day off... in his OWN house. Yea the situations are not at all comparable.

I don't support their GM but at least he's got a legitimate reason.
Yeah I get that...i'm just saying, the Ottawa Senators team, players/coaches/hockey ops, knew about this Karlsson/Hoffman situation in November.

Hell, I had heard whispers of this around Xmas...they all knew.

He could have been traded at the deadline for appropriate value. They held onto him for some reason, and now they end up trading him for Boedker.

This is an awful trade, motivated by stupidity and money.

Reactions: jaffy27

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Yeah I get that...i'm just saying, the Ottawa Senators team, players/coaches/hockey ops, knew about this Karlsson/Hoffman situation in November.

Hell, I had heard whispers of this around Xmas...they all knew.

He could have been traded at the deadline for appropriate value. They held onto him for some reason, and now they end up trading him for Boedker.

This is an awful trade, motivated by stupidity and money.

Yea well I've been calling out the stupidity of their ownership for awhile now.

<---see tagline.

Reactions: 417

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Off-ice issues seem to not be Sharks' concerned as much as other teams. But their Top-6 on the left side will be Kane and Hoffman. Pretty lethal. With a Couture extension apparently in the works, I see Pavelski moved and Sharks take a run at Tavares.
The best way to teach maturity is to create a winning environment. Winning is the ultimate reward for an athlete -- it's the best motivation for an athlete to adjust their behaviour. Given the choice between carrot or stick, people respond better to carrots.

The Habs have become too accustomed to poor use of sticks.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
The best way to teach maturity is to create a winning environment. Winning is the ultimate reward for an athlete -- it's the best motivation for an athlete to adjust their behaviour. Given the choice between carrot or stick, people respond better to carrots.

The Habs have become too accustomed to poor use of sticks.

There is a time for the stick and there's a time for the carrot. :sarcasm:

It's like the saying goes,"when the cat is gone, the mice come out to play". That's the problem with dictatorship and totalitarians.

It's the age old argument of intrinsic vs extrinsic reward. With the carrot the internal motivation will always be there even when the stick is not present.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Just imagine for a second, the media in montreal get a hold of some stuff like the Sens just had to endure...darkest day beyond!! lol

The sens GM was in a tough tough spot...getting anything for Hoffman was a tall order...

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Be that as it may, I don't think the Galchenyuk/Domi trade was nearly as bad as the media played it out over the weekend...

I'm curious what makes the Galchenyuk/Domi trade not that bad in your opinion?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Sens management reportedly knew about it in March.
I don't buy that for one second...I had heard whispers about this in December/January...

Some guy on the Sens board was posting about it around the same time.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I'm curious what makes the Galchenyuk/Domi trade not that bad in your opinion?
Without hijacking this thread...I think it's a "4 quarters for 1 dollar" type of trade.

Both player's ultimate impact will be felt differently, but will be measured the same.

In a vacuum, the trade is reasonable...as an overall plan, for the Habs, it's a head scratched though.

Reactions: Redux91

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I don't buy that for one second...I had heard whispers about this in December/January...

Some guy on the Sens board was posting about it around the same time.
Jesus lol.

I had heard some shit about his girlfriend for a while too, but not her being the troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad