OT: Our PDO sucks. Let's lighten the mood! Free Slurpees & Bagel Brawls

Status
Not open for further replies.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
The National is quite good, really underrated. I really enjoy that type of song writing/singing. Timber Timbre has a similar droning quality that I like a lot, but it's obviously a bit different.

Timbre Timbre, never heard of them, will look them up

The droning method completely created and originated by Joy Division, who were 20 years ahead of their time, no wonder why the lead singer was frustrated, tortured artist

Mr November by the National can be played over and over

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

The droning method completely created and originated by Joy Division, who were 20 years ahead of their time, no wonder why the lead singer was frustrated, tortured artist

One day someone will wise up (if they haven't already) and use one of their earlier albums to score an awesome movie.

I think Boxer is my favorite album by The National, but Mr. November (and Alligator) is solid.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
One day someone will wise up (if they haven't already) and use one of their earlier albums to score an awesome movie.

I think Boxer is my favorite album by The National, but Mr. November (and Alligator) is solid.

Very interesting, sounds like a cross between Interpol and Nick Cave

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I have been catching up on Homeland, and out of nowhere this scene happens in Season 6, Episode 7

Weird to see Boychuk jerseys on Homeland

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I have been catching up on Homeland, and out of nowhere this scene happens in Season 6, Episode 7

Weird to see Boychuk jerseys on Homeland

Isles' games are great for filming since they can fill an entire empty section with Extras and still catch live game action.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
funny... scene carries out longer and you see the Boychuk name. Weird scene Saul (CIA guy) was supposed to meet an Iranian asset at the game LOL

I was going to say it could've been Cizikas or any of the other guys with 5 at the front, but I couldn't resist a Johnston poke. :laugh::nod::thumbu:

I've never actually seen that show though.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I was going to say it could've been Cizikas or any of the other guys with 5 at the front, but I couldn't resist a Johnston poke. :laugh::nod::thumbu:

I've never actually seen that show though.

It was an incredible show the first 2 seasons, I mean some of the craziest tension you will see in any show, but by season 5 it was dulling, season 7 just started so I went back to watch season #6... it is worth watching for the first 25 episodes, they are some of the most unique episodes in political dramas that you will ever see

The Mandy Patinkin character at the Isles game is a really uptight CIA guy with no life, so weird to see his head pivoting to the action of an Isles game

As for Johnston, not sure if he was up, but hey Johnston is a factor now.. can't deny that

Sadly the game that Homeland featured was when Tampa lit us up and Kucherov made his comment about wishing he could play us every night

macleod50

Apr 24, 2006
Long Island, NY
Let's get this thread going again since this place is getting testy.

Saw Black Panther over the weekend. I enjoyed it, but failed to see the overwhelming, glowing praise it's getting. I put it on the level of Ant-Man.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017

Saw Black Panther over the weekend. I enjoyed it, but failed to see the overwhelming, glowing praise it's getting. I put it on the level of Ant-Man.

Haven't seen it.

But I did see 'Wonder Woman'. And, yeah. It was okay, I guess.

Instant

Feb 20, 2018

Oh my lord THANK YOU. I'm not alone!

It was fun movie. I enjoyed it. I left the cinema without a feeling that I somehow overpaid, but also definitely without the rush that I felt after the newest Spider-Man or Ragnarok or even Civil War.

macleod50

Apr 24, 2006
Long Island, NY
That seems awfully... low. ;)

You're one of those :laugh:

I really enjoyed Doctor Strange and Ant-Man.

My top 5 or 6 (no order) Marvel movies are probably:

1. Iron Man
2. The Winter Soldier
3. Guardians of the Galaxy
4. The Avengers
5. Civil War or Thor Ragnarok

Black Panther falls into my second tier.

6. The First Avenger
7. Ant-Man
8. Black Panther
9. Thor
10. Doctor Strange

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
You're one of those :laugh:

I really enjoyed Doctor Strange and Ant-Man.

My top 5 or 6 (no order) Marvel movies are probably:

1. Iron Man
2. The Winter Soldier
3. Guardians of the Galaxy
4. The Avengers
5. Civil War or Thor Ragnarok

Black Panther falls into my second tier.

6. The First Avenger
7. Ant-Man
8. Black Panther
9. Thor
10. Doctor Strange

There is this tv show called Superheroes Decoded on the History Channel, at least I'm pretty sure it's the HC. It's the one that shows Ancient Aliens. Probably available On Demand.

It's a really good watch for superhero nerds. 2 hour episodes, I think there are 2 so far.

I really enjoyed Black Panther. Really looking forward to Infinity War. Ant man and Wasp should be fun. Lots of MCU movies in 2018.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
It was an incredible show the first 2 seasons, I mean some of the craziest tension you will see in any show, but by season 5 it was dulling, season 7 just started so I went back to watch season #6... it is worth watching for the first 25 episodes, they are some of the most unique episodes in political dramas that you will ever see

The Mandy Patinkin character at the Isles game is a really uptight CIA guy with no life, so weird to see his head pivoting to the action of an Isles game

As for Johnston, not sure if he was up, but hey Johnston is a factor now.. can't deny that

Sadly the game that Homeland featured was when Tampa lit us up and Kucherov made his comment about wishing he could play us every night

That first season was one of the best seasons of tv I think I've ever seen.

macleod50

Apr 24, 2006
Long Island, NY
There is this tv show called Superheroes Decoded on the History Channel, at least I'm pretty sure it's the HC. It's the one that shows Ancient Aliens. Probably available On Demand.

It's a really good watch for superhero nerds. 2 hour episodes, I think there are 2 so far.

I really enjoyed Black Panther. Really looking forward to Infinity War. Ant man and Wasp should be fun. Lots of MCU movies in 2018.

I do remember seeing the commercials for that show. It stuck out because Kevin Conroy was narrating it. I'll have to check it out.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Yes

Yes, but New Order carried the flag very well.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I am not a gamer and could not participate in the discussion earlier, but I will jump in now and say that my 2 kids would be perfectly willing to leave school and drop all other activities and spend all day every day just playing Fortnite. It's like an obsession.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte

I am enjoying the new season so far. But I do miss Quinn. He was my favorite character. Seasons 6 and 7 have been better. The middle few seasons weren't good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad