OT: Our PDO sucks. Let's lighten the mood! Free Slurpees & Bagel Brawls

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Super hero movies are some of the most overrated pieces of garbage to ever hit the screen. The "hype" surrounding them always seems manufactured and there is talk about how it's the best thing ever, but it's always "meh." I can't wait for them to die off because that market is over-saturated now with the amount of movies and television shows they have.

I am not a gamer and could not participate in the discussion earlier, but I will jump in now and say that my 2 kids would be perfectly willing to leave school and drop all other activities and spend all day every day just playing Fortnite. It's like an obsession.

Fortnite is a solid game that doesn't cost any money, people love it. I'm not into it too much because I'm not a super big fan of cartoon shooters like that, really enjoy PUBG a lot more.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Super hero movies are some of the most overrated pieces of garbage to ever hit the screen. The "hype" surrounding them always seems manufactured and there is talk about how it's the best thing ever, but it's always "meh." I can't wait for them to die off because that market is over-saturated now with the amount of movies and television shows they have.

Fortnite is a solid game that doesn't cost any money, people love it. I'm not into it too much because I'm not a super big fan of cartoon shooters like that, really enjoy PUBG a lot more.
Sorry, PUBG?

macleod50

Apr 24, 2006
Long Island, NY

I personally don't know anybody who goes into comic book movies looking for high brow entertainment. As long as I'm entertained for a couple hours, I'm satisfied. Thor: Ragnarok was a damn good time. The movies won't die off any time soon with the amount of money they make. Scratch that.....DC comic book movies might die off because of how terrible they have been.

If there is one movie property that I hope dies off, and it kills me to say it.....is Star Wars. Couldn't stand the last two movies.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I personally don't know anybody who goes into comic book movies looking for high brow entertainment. As long as I'm entertained for a couple hours, I'm satisfied. Thor: Ragnarok was a damn good time. The movies won't die off any time soon with the amount of money they make. Scratch that.....DC comic book movies might die off because of how terrible they have been.

If there is one movie property that I hope dies off, and it kills me to say it.....is Star Wars. Couldn't stand the last two movies.

I get that explosions are fun and cool, but do they all have to be connected? Does there have to be 18 different Spider Men movies? It's nauseating to me. I'd be lying if I said I've seen most of them, but the ones I have seen are all similar and uninteresting to me. Funny enough, I would probably like the DC movies better...but I've only ever seen the Batman series.

Haven't seen any of the latest Star Wars movies. I saw the original 3, then two of the clone ones, and part of the 3rd of that set. Episodes 1, 2, 4-6?

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
I get that explosions are fun and cool, but do they all have to be connected? Does there have to be 18 different Spider Men movies? It's nauseating to me. I'd be lying if I said I've seen most of them, but the ones I have seen are all similar and uninteresting to me. Funny enough, I would probably like the DC movies better...but I've only ever seen the Batman series.

Haven't seen any of the latest Star Wars movies. I saw the original 3, then two of the clone ones, and part of the 3rd of that set. Episodes 1, 2, 4-6?

Cool guys don't look at explosions. They blow things up, then they walk away.

macleod50

Apr 24, 2006
Long Island, NY

I don't really care about the connected universe. It's nice, and interesting that they basically managed to tie in an entire comic book universe. I never had a big interest in comics growing up (I was a cards guy), but I can see how it makes fans excited to see The Avengers, Iron Man, Captain America, and Spider-Man all be in one movie.

Nolan's trilogy is far, far removed from what the DC movies are now. I liked Affleck as Batman though.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
That first season was one of the best seasons of tv I think I've ever seen.

That was about Damione Lewis as Brody and Michael Cuesta developing, he is from Dix Hills, tried to coach his kid in flag football one season, but that good was all about the books LOL

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Yes

Yes, but New Order carried the flag very well.

New Order was good but lacked the sheer darkness of Ian Curtis, I did hear a few of the lesser played songs this week like Age of Consent and Love Vigilantes and remembers they were more than just True Faith and Blue Monday, Confusion is great too

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I am enjoying the new season so far. But I do miss Quinn. He was my favorite character. Seasons 6 and 7 have been better. The middle few seasons weren't good.

I have to agree with you the middle seasons were recyles of each other, crisis in Middle East, terroristis, Carrie off her meds, Saul is captured, Quinn goes nuts

Quinn was a good character, guess that actor has moved on to greener pastuers

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds. It's the game Fortnite ripped their battle royale system off of, which PUBG stole from H1Z1, which stole part of their concept from Day Z.

Got it, thanks. So, these game-makers rip each other off?! :)

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
That was about Damione Lewis as Brody and Michael Cuesta developing, he is from Dix Hills, tried to coach his kid in flag football one season, but that good was all about the books LOL
A kid in my grade at Forest Park Elementary School had the same last name - maybe his brother?

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Fun fact, I did a bit of the media planning for Fortnite in its pre-sale stage. Couldn't believe how much traction it got then, now it's just blown up.

Anyone follow Juju Smith-Schuster on Twitter? He loves Fortnite.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Got it, thanks. So, these game-makers rip each other off?! :)

The funny thing about the Fortnite/PUBG relationship is that PUBG uses tools to create their game that the company who owns Fortnite made. So PUBG can't put up too much fuss about it because they license those tools and don't own them. It creates a really weird relationship and comparison between the games.

NewYorkIsles

Jun 30, 2012
Nassau County
Sorry, PUBG?

love pubg, I used to play fortnite when it first came out. PUBG is just better in my opinion, more realistic and hard. It makes it more rewarding/nerve-racking when you finally encounter an opposing team. Still waiting for the new map. Also, MHW is great too if people like RPGs

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
love pubg, I used to play fortnite when it first came out. PUBG is just better in my opinion, more realistic and hard. It makes it more rewarding/nerve-racking when you finally encounter an opposing team. Still waiting for the new map. Also, MHW is great too if people like RPGs

PC or Console?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Xbox one, but I should give console a try one day
giphy.gif

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
I have to agree with you the middle seasons were recyles of each other, crisis in Middle East, terroristis, Carrie off her meds, Saul is captured, Quinn goes nuts

Quinn was a good character, guess that actor has moved on to greener pastuers
Hitman, Agent 47

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Speaking of superhero movies- I know it's old at this point but I recently watched Logan on HBO Go and really enjoyed it. A lot darker than most superhero movies but it was rated R so I kind of expected it.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
A kid in my grade at Forest Park Elementary School had the same last name - maybe his brother?

They would have went to Forest Park Elementary, the family lived on Buttonwood, Michael Cuesta is in his early 50's for sure, they lived in the same home he grew up in, but the kid went to the gifted school.... Forest Park is now shutdown

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
They would have went to Forest Park Elementary, the family lived on Buttonwood, Michael Cuesta is in his early 50's for sure, they lived in the same home he grew up in, but the kid went to the gifted school.... Forest Park is now shutdown
Yeah, I heard that FP is no more. Bummer. And I did a bit more digging and see that it was definitely his brother in my class, and he does writing too. That makes like 4 kids that I know of from my class that have IMDB pages. Where did I go wrong? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad