Speculation: Our Next Head Coach(es)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
didn't Pittsburgh give us permission to speak to Shero and waive the compensation? why wouldnt they do the same with Bylsma? I get it for Hynes since he isnt fired.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Isn't Bylsma's contract finished after this season?

I remember hearing he got a 2 year extension after the 2013 playoffs.

Unless that 2 year extension didn't kick in until the 2014-2015 season. I was under the impression that it started in the 2013-2014 season, maybe not though.

If it wasn't in effect until the 2014-2015 season, that means he got fired before that contract even kicked in lol.

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Isn't Bylsma's contract finished after this season?

I remember hearing he got a 2 year extension after the 2013 playoffs.

Unless that 2 year extension didn't kick in until the 2014-2015 season. I was under the impression that it started in the 2013-2014 season, maybe not though.

If it wasn't in effect until the 2014-2015 season, that means he got fired before that contract even kicked in lol.

I had to look it up.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/9375498/dan-bylsma-signed-extension-pittsburgh-penguins

The Penguins signed the second-winningest coach in franchise history to a two-year extension through 2016 on Wednesday, a very public vote of confidence after Pittsburgh's quest for a Stanley Cup to bookend the one it captured in 2009 ended with four miserable losses to the Bruins.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
didn't Pittsburgh give us permission to speak to Shero and waive the compensation? why wouldnt they do the same with Bylsma? I get it for Hynes since he isnt fired.

I would hope they wouldn't want compensation for Bylsma.

We'd be doing them a favor in taking his contract, so they don't have to eat 100% of that contract, which he would have been unemployed for the entire duration of.

And I'm sure he's making more money than that rug wearing guy that they got now.

kiwidevil

I have read somewhere that Bylsma and Shero didn't really see eye to eye by the end of his tenure there.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I have read somewhere that Bylsma and Shero didn't really see eye to eye by the end of his tenure there.

Not shocked. In all his interviews Shero seems to do his best to try and distance himself from Bylsma while also being respectful. He keeps saying he has his own vision for the Devils and Dan has to do what is right for Dan.

To me it just sounds like he doesn't plan to bring him here and the rumors is just the media connecting the dots because of their days in Pitt.

All we have right now is two stories about Shero talking to Boucher and two stories talking about Shero wanting Hynes.

So to me the only candidates are Boucher and Hynes.

kiwidevil

While Lou doesn't seem to go out of left field with coaches, remember he is still a big part of this org. and may still have one last curve ball.

Bps21*

Shero just doesn't seem interested and he isn't Lou where he just makes stuff up or goes status quo to throw people off.

Plus I think Buffalo is going to overpay for him. Have they even interviewed anyone besides Babs and Disco Dan?

They haven't even interviewed Bylsma yet. Today or tommorow. I think they are slow playing things until they see what Boston does with Julien. And I think Murray is more than happy to end up with Richardson if everyone else is gone...he's been linked to the job since Murray got to Buffalo...it's just likely that Pegula is keen on someone more proven. Though Babcock was a special situation so maybe it was just that one case.

GhostofKenKlee

The knock I've been reading about Disco Dan from Penguins fans is that he's stubborn, doesn't change his system and prefers GRINDERS and VETERANS over SKILL and YOUTH.

Meet the new boss, he's like the old boss....

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I just have to believe Pitt will want compensation for Hynes, but then again Rutherford is really awful at his job.

Could also be he doesn't give a crap since he's (Rutherford) clearly there for the short-term.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Could also be he doesn't give a crap since he's (Rutherford) clearly there for the short-term.

True, and it would be messed up preventing a guy from getting a promotion. We shall see in the next few weeks.

My guesses for the final jobs are

San Jose - Pete
Buffalo - Disco Dan
Us - Hynes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad